PlayStation3 in Akihabara on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAPJAC
    If you have an RGB quality arcade monitor and the PS3 supports RGB Scart then it will. I am not talking about/and have never talked about `Telly RGB Scart` (sorry I didn`t make that clear). This speculation is pointless until someone, somewhere confirms that the PS3 supports an RGB signal. VF5 looks stunning on a Sega Blast City (RGB arcade monitor) for example. It looks like a computer game on a Hi-Res monitor, I . M . O.
    The RGB arcade monitor in VF5 and all other cabs will not be connected via RGB SCART. It'll most likely use VGA (which is RGB) or even possibly six cable phono or BNC connections. The reason for this is that both of these give a progressive image (which is why VF5 looks so great) as opposed to an interlaced image via Scart. Arcade cabs have been progressive for yonks.

Originally posted by Concept
    For me it's simple - RGB Scart for standard definition content. VGA (or HDMI when I get a PS3 and MS release a cable for the 360) for high definition.
    I'd definately change that to VGA for both standard and Hi-Def (or DVI/HDMI if you prefer, although the jury is out whether these are any better). The difference between 480i (the maximum available via RGB Scart) and 480p (via VGA) is massive, which is why the DC looks so much better through VGA.

Japjac - If the PS3 supports VGA, then I'd buy a cheap CRT monitor and use this. This will give you same performance you see on the arcade machines. You can still run it in standard definition if you prefer and the cost will be relatively low.

Comment

Working...
    X