Review summary thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tig
    Although I'm not sure how credible that site is....
    Just as credible as the crap gamespot put out!

Comment

Got rid of the comments, looked too clogged up.

Comment

added rayman review

Comment

1up Zelda TP 10/10

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155329

Comment

added gamespots review scores for Monkey Ball and Trauma Centre

Comment

added an arse load of nintendo power reviews of crap games and some good ones
              with games like happy feet and other **** i'll just keep the NP score and leave it.

Comment

Has'nt anyone noticed how nearly every review of a wii game has been marked down for graphics? im getting the impression that becuase the wii is'nt up to par with the 360/PS3 reviewers are marking the graphics down, even though they still look great. so games are getting lower scores than they should. for eg, Gamespot just gave Trauma center a 6 for graphics, yet that would surely of been an 8-9 last gen?

Comment

I think it's to do with the lack of widescreen and 480p. I know TC doesnt have this so it gets marked down, I take it with a pinch of salt and them just being tech heads. If you dont own an LCD put more marks on the graphics bit

Comment

all im looking for in wii reviews is, how well do the games play/handle. if that's great than im happy, becuase for me the GC had some of the best looking games around so i know the wii be be better

Comment

1up have given Zelda 10/10.

Comment

so 1up have given Trauma center a 6.5 making reference to dodgy controls...yet IGN and gamespot say the controls are intuitive and spot on??

who are you to believe these days?

Comment

I wonder if the setup of the console has anything to do with this ? i.e I assume there's a wiimote calibration requiring to be carried out before you start playing ???

Comment

its annoying when you read one person stating the controls are "spot on" and then another saying the controls have "bad design" etc

Comment

Where do you see from the 1up review saying the TC has bad controls? The only part about the controls is this:

The controls are responsive and logical: You manage your surgical instruments with the Nunchuk, and you control them with the Wii Remote. Especially immersive are the forceps, which you control by squeezing the two Wii-mote action buttons.
                              If you were talking about this part in the review:

Second Opinion's assistants tell you what to do (sometimes) but, oftentimes, they don't tell you how. Hell, I'd trust One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest's Nurse Ratched over these clowns. I'm a "learn by doing" kind of guy, but if I don't know how to do something, how the hell am I gonna learn? This is bad enough when you're dealing with a conventional controller, but it's compounded when you've got an unknown quantity that none of us are quite familiar with yet. The Wii-mote has a D-pad, four buttons, and three dimensions of movement; the Nunchuk has an analog stick and two buttons. This isn't a simple stylus we're dealing with. I usually have pretty good intuition when it comes to gaming controls, but more than once, I flailed around with the Wii-mote and accidentally stumbled across the correct controller motion. That's not a good sign. If the developers think that's supposed to be a "challenge"...well, it's not. It's just frustrating, and it's bad design.
                              He wasn't saying the controls were bad, he was saying that the game didn't tell him the correct controller motions to make sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shearie
                                He wasn't saying the controls were bad, he was saying that the game didn't tell him the correct controller motions to make sometimes.
                                Maybe he should have read the manual?

Comment

Working...
                                X