Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd of gone for a japanese one if it had launched a while before the US,

Comment

I'm waiting until I can get hold of a black Japanese/USA switched console that can output an RGB signal. It will be interesting to see if the UK RGB cables work on the NTSC machines.

Comment

Grabbing a PAL console on launch day, and then selling and rebuying a Japanese Wii (and ps3 no doubt) when I move out to Japan next summer.

In the meantime, English zelda is reason enough to get a English language machine. (Please no-one start any of that "i prefer playing rpg's when i cant understand whats going on" bollocks!!).

Comment

Everytime I see the title of this topic in the Wii spot, I smile and think, "Why are people posting about their social problems here?".

Comment

Waitin' on my US machine from VG+ so I can fully understand Zelda. I'll be picking up a JPN Wii when I go over there next April. I wanna play Necro-Nesia and all the other stuff. I'd love to be able to pick up a Lime Green Wii by then. MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTY!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Shearie
              Everytime I see the title of this topic in the Wii spot, I smile and think, "Why are people posting about their social problems here?".
              Edited as I was drunk last night.
              Last edited by iloveannie; 18-11-2006, 05:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Emir
                Waitin' on my US machine from VG+ so I can fully understand Zelda. I'll be picking up a JPN Wii when I go over there next April. I wanna play Necro-Nesia and all the other stuff. I'd love to be able to pick up a Lime Green Wii by then. MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTY!!1
                I own an iMac and a white iPod. The Wii will (odd) look very cool in my home

Comment

Nope your not alone, im going down the japanese wii route.

The US & UK wii's dont really interest me as i havent owned a non japanese machine in a very long time. I definately know that there will be some fantastic games that will come out for wii & they wont ever leave japan which is why i always get japanese consoles.

As for the languge barrier it rarely ever holds a problem for me, i managed to play odama in japanese using the mic with no problems & even the kanji only ohenro san only slowed me down a bit.

Sure i may miss out on bits but its good practice for my japanese reading, its amazing just how much you pick up while playing games (^_^)

Comment

Originally posted by thebuddahman
                    Oh-so very...very alone.

Loneliness

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
                      Nope your not alone, im going down the japanese wii route.

The US & UK wii's dont really interest me as i havent owned a non japanese machine in a very long time. I definately know that there will be some fantastic games that will come out for wii & they wont ever leave japan which is why i always get japanese consoles.

As for the languge barrier it rarely ever holds a problem for me, i managed to play odama in japanese using the mic with no problems & even the kanji only ohenro san only slowed me down a bit.

Sure i may miss out on bits but its good practice for my japanese reading, its amazing just how much you pick up while playing games (^_^)
                      Well, at least playing Zelda in Japanese will last all the more longer, eh?

Comment

Hehe indeed.

Havent plyed a zelda game in english since link to the past on snes & it really hasnt bothered me too much.

I hate been led by the hand with the game telling me to go here next or go there next. I prefer subtle clues.

Comment

I'm getting a Japanese Wii too, I'm pretty hyped to play stuff like Ennichi no Tatsujin and Wing Island and I couldn't get hold of a US system from VG+ anyway.

I'm kinda in a quandary about Zelda though; I don't know whether to get a US Gamecube copy or a Jap Wii version; I'd rather the Wii version by far, but I'm worried about the language barrier. I have played through a couple of fairly text heavy Japanese games in the past (Pok?mon Ranger, Biohazard Code: Veronica spring to mind) but I don't my enjoyment ruined by frustration. What's the majority of text in Zelda games, katakana or kanji?

I'd probably grab a strategy guide to fall back on I think, but I'd rather it gave me a synopsis of what was going on than anything else (I'm not interested in an empirical 'Go left, press A, go right, press B, shake Wiimote, climb ladder' type deal). Is there a guide that offers that kind of stuff? I've spotted the Prima one and the Nintendo Power on Amazon. Any advice?

Thanks.

Comment

Surely being able to understand the game fully must be more important than simply being 733t?

Comment

Nah, it's not to do with being leet. It's partially that I want to use the Wii controls, and partially because having just got a shiny new Wii the last thing I'll want to do is boot my dusty Cube for Zelda :/ I'm afraid it might get a smidgen neglected.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot
                                What's the majority of text in Zelda games, katakana or kanji?
                                Most zelda games are in kana with some kanji but that usually has furigana above it.

Personally i hate been spoonfed through games, the perfect example was mario sunshine. I enjoyed the japanese version without been given tons of clues, i tried my friends uk copy to see what i was missing out on only to discover that it was basically nothing interesting & just hints on where to go next.

Nothing really to do with been leet, well not in my case anyway. I just hate been denied acess to games that only stay in japan. Learning to read japanese is just a occupational side effect for playing japanese games. I have bought imports for so long now that ive mostly forgotten what english games are like.

On the flip side i seem to have a mixed selection when buying ds stuff, i have bought a few ds games in english as theres some stuff that id struggle with. Mainly contact as its quite a quirky story. & gyakuten saiban II as my japanese isnt good enough to fully comprehend the story Bless you capcom for giving it a bilingual translation.

Comment

Working...
                                X