First PS1 Downloads Tommorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First PS1 Downloads Tommorrow

And before anyone asks, RIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! isn't one of them

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the PS3 forum or Headlines so move if necessary

It's reported the the Playstation Store will have downloadable versions of the following games:

Arc the Lad
    Bishi Bashi Special
    Hot Shots Golf 2
    Jumping Flash
    Konami's Antiques MSX Collection Vol.1
    Konami's Antiques MSX Collection Vol.2
    Resident Evil Director's Cut
    Silent Bomber
    Tekken 2

Sadly these aren't yet playable on the PS3 (2007 apparently) but by using the PS3/PSP linkup you can transfer to your PSP and play via the new in built emulator (added with today's firmware 3.00 update).

Apparently the downloads will cost 525 Yen (?2.35) which is quite reasonable when compared to the Virtual Console Wii Point costs. Unfortunately the only way to play these at the moment, is downloading to PS3 then transferring so many PSP owners are out of luck sadly

Very bizzare, Ill be waiting till next year, but thanks for the news

Comment

Yeah, I can't help thinking that this PS1 emu situation is totally arseways. The console you can download them on, you can't play them on. And PSP owners have to shell out for a PS3 to then buy games they may already own. Being honest, I wouldn't mind paying for the games again as the prices seem very reasonable and it's not any different to, say, paying for the Powerstone Collection when you already own the DC versions but having to buy the PS3 as part of the deal is a whole different matter.

It will be interesting to see how this works out for them.

Comment

I seem to recall them saying their would be a ways of emulating PS1 on PSP without a PS3 eventually but can't find any information to back that up so could have imagined it. It is a bit backwards at the moment.

Comment

if it makes a few ppl buy a PS3 or few ppl buy a PSP thats wat there after

i assume the ps3 will tag to which psp it has been uploaded to so to stop ppl copying the games, maybe?
          Last edited by jammi; 21-11-2006, 18:00.

Comment

A real shame theyre doing it this way, I'm not buying a ps3 to do this, roll on the hackers I say.

Comment

bishi bashi special editon is one of my all time favourite games.... shame i aint got a PS3 to download it though. will be interesting to see how it plays on the PSP. I guess they won't add anything so you won't be able to play wireless multiplayer.

Comment

If you have both, it seems like a fantastic distribution method.

If you have neither (like me), or one of them, its a ****ing appalling oversight.

Comment

Thing is, we will never see a big selection of games because of the PSP's lack of dual analog/buttons and the PS3/PSP's lack of rumble

Comment

Originally posted by jammi
                    if it makes a few ppl buy a PS3 or few ppl buy a PSP thats wat there after

i assume the ps3 will tag to which psp it has been uploaded to so to stop ppl copying the games, maybe?
                    People would buy a next generation console to be able to play last generation games on a supposedly advanced portable?

Comment

Aye SONY seem to invite piracy.

Comment

Silent bomber is a stunning game, and for the money the MSX collections beat one Nes download on the Wii

Comment

I got myself sorted with a wireless router, so I plan to be online with my PS3 in the next couple of days. I don't suppose buying/downloading these for someone like me in the UK is gonna be easy?
                          Is there any way to get them?

Comment

How do they going to stop people downloading it on several PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                              How do they going to stop people downloading it on several PSP.
                              I read the notes on the PSP version 3 download today and it seems you can download it to multiple PSP's, although they have to be associated or friends or something. Not having a PS3 i have little idea/interest, but if you download the PSP 3.0 firmware it explains it.

Comment

Working...
                              X