First PS1 Downloads Tommorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you already own the game legit of course
    Isn't that an urban myth? Owning the game does not mean you can download the rom to use elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
      Isn't that an urban myth? Owning the game does not mean you can download the rom to use elsewhere?
      From what i'm aware you're entitled to one backup of a cartridge that you legally own. EG: It's rom.

Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Comment

No I think it does because you're then entitled to make a back-up provided you own the original - And one way to backup is to download the ROM image !!! Unless someone knows better - sure there was a big Edge article on it a while back !

Comment

quick question concerning these downloads (and ps1 backwards compatibility generally) - is there any improvement on them over the originals on PS1?

Will they be in hi-res (ie not look like **** on my hdtv - when the ps3 can finally play them)?
          From IGN :

PS2/PS1 GAME: Not a problem, just a bummer (same situation as DVD). Will play in 480i/p, as expected since PS3 currently doesn't do any scaling.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
            Unless you mean Rebirth mode, I fail to understand what you're on about. There is no silver Beretta/headshots in DS for starters.
            so that makes the older resident evil DC better

personally i like deadly silence - i cant put it any more clearer

guess its just opinions even if there isnt head shots or a silver beretta

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
              so that makes the older resident evil DC better

personally i like deadly silence - i cant put it any more clearer

guess its just opinions even if there isnt head shots or a silver beretta
              But unless you mean Rebirth mode, DS is just standard Biohazard. Surely the DC version would be preferrable? Way better suited to the PSP's controls too.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
                But unless you mean Rebirth mode, DS is just standard Biohazard. Surely the DC version would be preferrable? Way better suited to the PSP's controls too.
                i'm just talking about the overall package inc rebirth as its part of the game

why cant they release a rumble feature and release the DS version - surely that would be the best option </sarcasm>

i just dont see why everybody is punching the air with this release

cant get it - quite happy to play it in the house

and why would Biohazard be suited best to the PSP controls

analogue nub is crap and so is the dpad

Comment

Because the DC pad an identical amount of controls and buttons than the PSP maybe?

Comment

quick question concerning these downloads (and ps1 backwards compatibility generally) - is there any improvement on them over the originals on PS1?

Will they be in hi-res (ie not look like **** on my hdtv - when the ps3 can finally play them)?

Will they be optimised for the PSP in terms of control? You know something - I can't remember how many shoulder buttons the original non-analogue PS1 pad had
                    The current backwards compatibility on the PS3 is handled via hardware. It basically has the combined EE/GS (used in latest slimline model PS2 consoles)chip inside so it runs (in theory) exactly as it does on the current PS2s (in practice this isn't the case as there are some games which have problems, most the odd glitch).

Sony have said that, long-term, they want backwards compatility to be handled via an emulator which allow the downloaded files to be played and should also allow upscaling of old games.

That's the theory. We've all heard Sony talk before

As for optimised controls on the PSP, I don't think the 2 missing shoulder buttons are an issue with the current games on the list, so it appears Sony have been quite savvy in that regard. If their plans to include the 'entire PS1' catalogue ever come to fruition, then some kind of workaround will be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                      No I think it does because you're then entitled to make a back-up provided you own the original - And one way to backup is to download the ROM image !!!
                      No. That's not making a back-up, that's piracy.

You're just grabbing an illegaly-hosted ROM file off the internet like anybody else. Even if you do own the original game, you have no right to that ROM.

I believe you would need to make the "back-up" yourself for it to be legal and above board.

Comment

"Yes Mr Officer I legitimately backed up the cartridge of my own accord"

"Yes I'm aware you can see no device which would facilitate this I lent it to my brother to back up his collection"

Comment

This back up stuff does not work under UK law just the US law

Comment

Working...
                          X