The 'I Have My PAL Wii' Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'I Have My PAL Wii' Thread!

I thought I'd jump the gun a bit as there is bound to be a few people getting their Wii's via company contacts and revew units by now.

If you have your Wii then post up details of where it was bought from, when you placed your pre-order and also what else you got at the same time.

Please keep it to on topic, only post once your unit in hand and don't spam the thread if you havn't yet got yours. If kept clean this thread could be a useful resource for users to track down how well the supply chain is working.

Havn't got it as such, but I pre ordered online from GAME.co.uk back in September, and it's already shipped yesterday via parcel force 48 so shud have it tomorrow along with Zelda ^_^

Comment

I got mine today. I can't say where I got it from though. Unfortunately, I won't get Zelda until tomorrow. I've downloaded F-Zero and Sonic. There are currently no N64 games on the shopping channel as yet though. (I really wanted Mario 64 too). I'm hoping I will get a component cable soon.

Comment

Originally posted by phorenzik
        I got mine today. I can't say where I got it from though. Unfortunately, I won't get Zelda until tomorrow. I've downloaded F-Zero and Sonic. There are currently no N64 games on the shopping channel as yet though. (I really wanted Mario 64 too). I'm hoping I will get a component cable soon.
        Jammy sod! Did you use UK Wii Points or do US ones work?

Comment

Are the VC games 60hz compatible or bordered 50hz only?

Comment

I used my Visa for the points. I'm not that jammy as I had a USA one that turned up dead which cost me over ?300. PAL was a second choice for me. Sonic had huge borders and ran at 50hz. I switched the console to 60hz, but it made no difference to the speed or borders. F-zero only had slight borders. Again, it only ran in 50hz.

Comment

Oh dear Nintendo. You have messed up!

US Wii purchase for then.

Comment

christ on a bike.

If all the VC content for the PAL wii is going to be the original refresh rate for when it originally released, then i'm going to contemplate selling my preordered one from gameplay. And then just going to buy an NTSC one in the new year.

I know it's not the be all and end all, but still grates nontheless.

Comment

meh not bothered about VC titles, although i can see it annoying some people only running them in 50hz. It could've done with at least an option, skanky EU TVs!

edit: oops didnt see it was a "my Wii PAL" thread, erm, GAME have phoned me and i'll go and pick it up friday sometime, no rush I got my USA one

Comment

haha gamestation mansfield just admitted to me on the blower that all their preorder drop outs have all been snapped up by staff.

personally i think this stinks as i probably would have got one for launch if it wasnt for that fact(i was 7 or 8 past their allocated numbers)

instead people who were never even on the preorder list have been sorted out and mugs like me are left high and dry!

Comment

How annoying do you think it is for me? I had to spend ?180 for a PAL one on top of losing ?300 on my knackered USA one. I then get shafted on VC games. I'm sure I'll laugh about it one day.......LOL

Comment

How annoying do you think it is for me? I had to spend ?180 for a PAL one on top of losing ?300 on my knackered USA one. I then get shafted on VC games. I'm sure I'll laugh about it one day.......LOL
                        at least your sorted for launch though mate, as your missus got your machine from the gamestation mansfield right?

tbh i would have done the same but i still think preorders should come first, and for one of the staff to admit this on the phone is to me a disgrace.

Comment

Just play the retro games on your PC instead and for free LOL.

But I think we're getting a bit off topic now...

Comment

****s sake. My preorder depended on this & 50hz + borders means im switching to a US system. Gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                              ****s sake. My preorder depended on this & 50hz + borders means im switching to a US system. Gutted.
                              i wouldnt be too hasty, tbh it will probably get sorted once ninty get loads of complaints.

i'd imagine the next batch of vc stuff would be full screen at least(sega dont usually mess about when it comes to conversion quality)

Comment

Working...
                              X