No announcement yet.

The 'I Have My PAL Wii' Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reet, definately getting a US system when they're more widely availible if thats the case.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShowstoppa
      i wouldnt be too hasty, tbh it will probably get sorted once ninty get loads of complaints.

i'd imagine the next batch would be full screen at least(sega dont usually mess about when it comes to conversion quality)
      No if the first batch is like this than I imagine its what we're gonna be stuck with. I was beginning to have doubts as to whether or not I should have pre-ordered a PAL console. Bloody well glad I didn't!

Comment

What a joke, how hard can it be to get 12 year old+ games to run in 60hz??

Edit: at least it gives it more of an old school feel (only kidding)

Comment

Originally posted by TheShowstoppa
          i wouldnt be too hasty, tbh it will probably get sorted once ninty get loads of complaints.

i'd imagine the next batch would be full screen at least(sega dont usually mess about when it comes to conversion quality)
          From what I understand these aren't ports, but rather direct emulation of the original ROMs. Therefore no conversion process is taking place.

I wouldn't get any hopes up over 60hz being added in the future (although PC-Engine games would be interesting seeing as though they have never gotten a PAL release previously so were never ever run at 50hz).

Comment

Got my PAL unit today, although shop had no games (except COD3). Glad to see we got a proper boxed version of WiiSports bundled in instead of a cardboard promo one.

Comment

clearly many people are unable to read the thread title and first post ..
              Only post if you actually have your console or this thread will keep getting de-railed off-topic and miss the point entirely.

Comment

Just downloaded Super Star Soldier for my PAL Wii. It runs in 480i.

So maybe PC Engine games all run in 60 Hz?

Comment

I know this sounds like stating the obvious but I guess this means that the UK service is up and running. What about WiiConnect24, registering codes and the suchlike (I'm guessing that the news and weather are still not available)? When I tried last Friday I got nothing and now I've left it at work tonight - bah!

Comment

At least there's that. Are we going to bombard with NoE with e-mails asking them to issue an update so that the other games can run properly for PAL owners?

Comment

There could be a list of 50/60Hz compatibility here in NTSC-UK.

Comment

they should be 60hz period tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by NecronomiconUK
                          clearly many people are unable to read the thread title and first post ..
                          Only post if you actually have your console or this thread will keep getting de-railed off-topic and miss the point entirely.
                          Jesus christ some people I was just about to post the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
                            they should be 60hz period tbh.
                            Yeah, missing 60 hz sucks, but in the other hand, Virtual Console is marketed as a nostalgia trip. Nintendo promises games that look and feel perfectly same as when you were playing them as a kid.

But yeah, back on topic. I'm trying to get my Euro Wii in friday. It should be fairly easy job, as it Wii hasn't been advertised at all by local distributor.
                            Last edited by elkatas; 05-12-2006, 19:56.

Comment

Yeah got mine today as well from work (Gamestation) and been enjoying Wii Sports for a good few hours now! Got COD3 too but wasn't too impressed with that, but thats a different story.

Comment

I'm really bummed about this 50hz rubbish as well, but if I import a US Wii, I won't be able to buy the PAL or NTSC virtual console games, right? Will I be able to go online at all?

The whole regional VC thing is confusing me at the moment - I haven't heard any confirmation as to what it does and doesn't allow...

Sorry to add to the derailment!
                                Last edited by Klatrymadon; 05-12-2006, 20:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X