Zelda only makes 3rd in the Japanese launch line up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zelda only makes 3rd in the Japanese launch line up

Im shocked that Zelda only made 3rd spot (behind Wii play and Wii sports) Could this be a sign that (Japanese) gamers are looking for something new from the console.

wasn't wii sports free and wii play comes with a remote? why are they even rating those, obviously people are going to get more of the 2 due to the extra wii mote and console. bloomin daft.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole
      http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=9853

Im shocked that Zelda only made 3rd spot (behind Wii play and Wii sports) Could this be a sign that (Japanese) gamers are looking for something new from the console.
      It could also be a sign that the Wii is a attracting wider audience - which is what Nintendo is aiming for with the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X
        wasn't wii sports free and wii play comes with a remote? why are they even rating those, obviously people are going to get more of the 2 due to the extra wii mote and console. bloomin daft.
        Wii sports is sold seprate in Japan mate.

Comment

well my mistake.

Comment

Zelda was always more popular outside of Japan anyway. Plus, I'd expect alarm bells to be ringing at Nintendo HQ if Sports and Play weren't selling a ****load, as one of their main strategies for this generation (multiplayer fun for everyone) would've fallen flat on its arse

Comment

Yeah I agree that Wii play and Wii sports are the games for everyone. Zelda isn't, desipte it being amazingly good!

I'd be more shocked if anything other than those 2 games beat Zelda, like Red Steel

Comment

does Wii Play include an extra remote in Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
                  does Wii Play include an extra remote in Japan?
                  Yes

Comment

Zelda>Rest.

Bloody people.

Comment

dunno, I want Wii Sports and Wii Play more than Zelda tbh, out of the 3 if there was one I had to skip on for a while it'd be Zelda >_<

Comment

ur mental

Comment

not really, I just want something new ta.

Comment

I thought the Zelda games were Pokemon style big hitters in Japan, it was a major shock to see Wii Sports at the top of the Japanese Wii chart, i had no idea that the Japanese liked sports games that much.

Then theres the question....

Is it the qwirky games that are going to be the selling point of the Wii to many, i think the test is going to come with Smash Brothers:Brawl if that does not shift in its droves then maybe the Wii is attracting a different type of gamer. Should that be the case i can see it easlily being the number 1 console, as some have pointed out the 360 and the PS3 will split the mainstream, but as the DS has proven there is a gaming market outside of the mainstream.
                            Last edited by The Mole; 05-12-2006, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole
                              i had no idea that the Japanese liked sports games that much.
                              That's the thing, it's not a conventional sports game. If these were sports games that you played with a conventional controller, Zelda would have murdered it in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                              X