Nunchuck cable is rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nunchuck cable is rubbish

Why isnt the nunchuck wireless It tangles up and is generally quite annoying

Not had any problems with the nunchuck tbh, my only gripe is that the clip for the strap holder is a wee bit fiddly.

Comment

I dont actually use the strap, I am quite confident in my abilities to not throw things at TVs

Comment

Originally posted by retrend
        Why isnt the nunchuck wireless
        More batteries, heavier, more expensive. I could have lived with a bigger nunchuk however.

It tangles up and is generally quite annoying
        Never really had problems with the cable itself, while resting I keep both Wiimote and nunchuk together with the cable extended, to minimize tangles. Even with the widest movements in Wii Sports I never had any problem with tangles or cable lenght.

Comment

But it wouldnt use more batteries, and the Wiimote batteries are powering it anyway, so the same amount of battery power is being used. In fact it would make the batteries in the Wiimote need to be changed less frequently

Comment

At least the cable could have been shorter, my dog ran past and ripped it out of my hand as the loop got caught round his neck. No damage though, but still.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Nah if the cable was shorter it would be even worse.

Comment

But it wouldnt use more batteries, and the Wiimote batteries are powering it anyway,
                Through the cable...making it wireless will require some sort of powersource to power the sensing chip inside and it will need an other "eye" just like the Wiimote, forcing to reposition the C and Z buttons (not that I mind a Z in a actual trigger position, BTW). Probably a single AA battery will be enough to power both things for more than the Wiimote, but it will surely be more expensive...well, the Wiimote/nunchuk combo is already quite expensive for a pad, dimensions aside I'm quite happy with it.

Comment

Why would it need another sensor bit, the nunchuck isnt a pointer. All it would need is a battery in it. Oh noes. A battery or two = far preferable to a stupid cable that ties your hands together, tangles up and is generally annoying.

Its not that big a deal, it just seems to be kinda crazy to me to have a wireless pad then put a wire in it for what seems like no, or very little, reason. Im quite confident a 3rd party will bring out a wireless set.

Comment

Nah if the cable was shorter it would be even worse.
                    Care to expand on why?

I also find the controllers (barring the classic) too shiny. I find myself having to keep wiping my hands as they start to slip around, especially the nunchuk. I may have to (horror of horrors) buy some of those 3rd party silicon cover things to combat the problem.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Does anyone else have Sky+? I'm sure you do. Now, see that black grippy plastic on the back of the remote that comes with it? Ideal solution. Not sure why Ninty went for shiny white which looks great but may not be the best for the job in hand.

Comment

Why there is cable between nunchuk / wiimote? There is very simple reason for it. Standard bluetooth access point can receive signal simulatenously only from seven sources. If there wouldn't be cable between nunchuk and wiimote, you couldn't have four player games. Of course you could transfer Nunchuks data first to wiimote via bluetooth, then transfer data from wiimote to console. But this would mean more syncing and also slower response rate, which wouldn't be that great. Bluetooth restrictions are also main reason Sony was touting how PS3 supported (that time, rather strange) number of seven players.

Comment

Could they not have went with RF like the wavebird and 360 then, or does it have similar limits?

Jo3, my problem is that in games where I want to swing the remote around, Im consricted by a wire. If this wire was shorter, I would be more constricted.

Comment

more batteries for a wireless nunchuk? no thanks, that'd be 4, the nunchuk would also be more expensive.

Comment

Could they not have went with RF like the wavebird and 360 then, or does it have similar limits?
                              By my understanding (someone can correct if I'm wrong), RF units are simply more expensive to manufacture and eat more power. One possibility is, of course, that there was some bandwith issues. Wiimote transfers way larger amounts of data than normal controllers (position, speed, accelaration, sound, etc.), so maybe RF didn't simply have enough bandwith?
                              Last edited by elkatas; 12-12-2006, 09:37.

Comment

Working...
                              X