No announcement yet.

Nunchuck cable is rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it does seem to be a comprimse in design. Totally wireless should have been the aim, wonder if Nintendo will listen to the feedback and respond?

Also why call it a Nunchuck, that is two staffs connected by a short chain, this is two small controllers connected by a long cable. Nunchuck, GTF, it's a Skipping Rope.

Comment

I do find the wire a tad annoying, but I understand why it's there.

I've found the freedom of holding my hands any position I like (within reason) completely enjoyable and comfortable..... If I'm sat on the sofa, I can have my hands by my side playing Zelda, or I can lay down and point the wiimote with one hand and rest my head on the hand with the nunchuck, it's really liberating actually!

Comment

Originally posted by retrend
        Could they not have went with RF like the wavebird and 360 then, or does it have similar limits?
        Can you imagine the 'fun' of setting it all up for a four player game too?

"Ok, i'll have my nunchuk on channel 1 and my remote on channel 2, steve, you have 3 and 4, englebert you take ....ok who the hell is on 2 and interfering... OK, let's start again...". If you lived next door to someone who had one too, the RF could easily cross-interfere, at least with Bluetooth it's tied to the receiver.

Comment

Yeh actually, the freedom from having a bit in each hand is brilliant, why then reduce its greatness by tying them together with a stupid wire.

I dont believe it would have cost that much more to put a little wireless transmitter in the nunchuck, and batteries cost doesnt bother me either, they could have made two nunchucks to buy, a more expensive wireless one, and the cheaper, wired one.

Comment

my god , some people will complain about anything

Comment

Originally posted by retrend
              Why isnt the nunchuck wireless It tangles up and is generally quite annoying
              I believe the actual reason is because the Bluetooth specification can only handle up to 7 slave devices. So four remotes and four nunchucks simply wouldn't work. It's the same reason the PS3 can only handle up to 7 local players.

The Wiki entry on Bluetooth has more info.

EDIT: Sorry elkatas, didn't fully read your answer, which says the same thing.

Comment

I know it seems pretty petty, its not a real whinge, Im not refusing to play my Wii cos of it or ne thing, it just seems to me to be a slightly pointless bit of annoyance that could have easily been avoided.

I mean, theres an interview where Nintendo said they considered making the sensor bar wireless, the internet on it is wireless only, wires are obviously not cool in the world of Nintendo.

Comment

The only things that nobs me off about the controllers is why can't you use 2 classic pads and two remotes to play four player bomberman! No reason why it wouldn't work.

Comment

A bit annoying when playing WiiBoxing and the wire getting in the way. If it were wireless, it would need batteries, and therefore make the thing a bit heavier and feel less cheap

Comment

Originally posted by watusi
                      The only things that nobs me off about the controllers is why can't you use 2 classic pads and two remotes to play four player bomberman! No reason why it wouldn't work.
                      It's just a brain fart on NEC's / Hudson's side who wrote PCE emulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi
                        A bit annoying when playing WiiBoxing and the wire getting in the way. If it were wireless, it would need batteries, and therefore make the thing a bit heavier and feel less cheap
                        This is also very true, its a lot more satisfying swinging the Wiimote than the nunchuck, all due to the fact that the Wiimote is a bit weightier

Comment

The wire is annoying, they should of made it wireless. They could easily have added a little socket where you plut the wand in for a second or two in order for it to automatically set its frequency to work with that wand.

Comment

Originally posted by watusi
                            Or even two remotes with Nunchuks. You only need a direction and two buttons, after all.

Comment

when i keep hearing about these nintendo nunchunks i always think of the nunchunks you made from toilet chains on the last ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi
                                I swear you can do that? I'm sure I saw an illustration of it in-game? Perhaps not

*awaits wavechuk too* lol
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X