No announcement yet.

PS3 at VG+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger. that's another £20 then. Does anyone know the answer to my first question, can i use my U.K address, credit card details for buying games etc in the store?

Comment

I'm sure both versions are meant to have HDMI cables, for what it's worth...

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
        Bugger. that's another ?20 then. Does anyone know the answer to my first question, can i use my U.K address, credit card details for buying games etc in the store?
        Most of your questions are answered here:

For those that aren't you can get a quick answer by doing a search in the Ask The Forum folder

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
          I'm sure both versions are meant to have HDMI cables, for what it's worth...
          They both have HDMI ports, but definately not the cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
            'Cause upscaled shmups look **** on a 42" plasma, besides, got Rogue Galaxy US and of course, God of War 2 on the horizon. I'll stick to my modded PS2 for my shmup fix.

Not only that, should make my money back on the PS3 I got now anyhoo.
            Surely games would look just as good whatever version you had, unless you mean ps2 v ps3 for ps2 games, since you can only play us ps2 games on a us ps3 etc... I'd prefer a US one, but I'm not that bothered...

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
              I think they will mark down if you ask them to. A few people have recieved them marked up at $20 CAD:

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...3&postcount=56
              Isn't that a bit risky? Wouldn't you get **** all compensation if it was lost etc? And what's the chances of customs catching you out and charging you anyway?

Comment

Apparently, VG have been marking them down as a matter of course.

Comment

I'm guessing VG+ don't work on a sunday? I ordered my PS3 yesterday afternoon (4pm GMT) and it's still listed as 'pending'...

Comment

Same as mine mate.

Comment

Mine's just updated to processing. I assume they'll ship them out today then

Comment

When did you order yours mate?

Comment

Saturday afternoon

Comment

Available again - I want to get one, but there aren't any games I want yet so I'll wait ...

Comment

Seriously tempted to pick up one from VG+
                              Are there any real drawbacks in having a US version? I'm wondering about networking, paying for download content, region freeness etc.
                              I believe it's a multi-region power supply so no stepdown needed.

Comment

I ordered a 60gb PS3 from VG+ on Saturday and have just recieved an email from them asking for ID due to the value of the purchase, it seems they want 3 pieces of ID emailed or faxed including a scan of my credit card bill, the card itself, a passport or drivers license as well as another bill. Has anyone else had to go through this ****e when ordering a PS3 at VG+ and if so what exactly did you send back to them?

Comment

Working...
                                X