PS3 at VG+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Well, even in the manual, it says 120V. I just wonder where people actually found out that it supported 220-240V, because I can't see any information about it.

I want to believe you, but I want to be 110% sure before I do anything.
    Does it say 120V on the back of you system as well?

I do have a back-up, though, as I have a 500W stepdown-converter as well (which should be enough W?), but of course, if I in fact can use a 220-240 power-cable, I'll use it.
    And for the record, the only person I know that used a stepdown on his PS3 (He wanted to be sure too), ended up scooping its melted remains from his floor.

Comment

Well, then, I don't want to scoop anything melted from my floor, so I'll just have to trust you, and use a 220-240 power-cable. After all, I've now read the FAQ, as well as this page (http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4908&ref=y) and I think that gave me the information needed. In fact, in the PS3-manual, they recommended not to use any stepdown-converter ...

Comment

Photo of a PS3 PSU here :

Pc style kettle lead (with either a 3 or 5 amp fuse) & Tor's your uncle!
        Last edited by tom-nook; 19-02-2007, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          And for the record, the only person I know that used a stepdown on his PS3 (He wanted to be sure too), ended up scooping its melted remains from his floor.
          Aye, that was me. Trust me, you don't want to put a PS3 through a stepdown.

Comment

Oh,what happened?

Are you ok to talk about it?

Comment

Thats weird because i put my jap PS3 through a 300 watt stepdown for about 6 weeks now, and it is absolutely fine, dosent even get warm like when i use the 360. answers

Comment

Doesn't the PS3 uses 380 watt? 'Cause that's what it says in the manual. I thought you would need at least a 500 watt stepdown-converter.

Anyway, I'm using a normal power-cable, though, is it normal for the PS3 to get so hot on the right side of it within just a few minutes?

Comment

I love VGP, ordered mine on like Friday night, just arrived, ordered Resistance separately to save on shipping and they've just stuck it in the box with the PS3 =D

Comment

Did you get caught with import duties when you ordered the PS3 from VGP?

Comment

Nope, marked as 20CAD, didn't even mention it when ordering. Haha, just checked again was marked as "Toy Game, Contest Winner" =D

Comment

Doesn't the courier pay customs for you to speed up delivery? You might get a bill through the post in a few days.

Comment

Not if its marked $20 cdn and DHL always want money before delivery

Comment

Correct regarding the $20 CAD, that's well within the limit of exemption from import tax (anything <18 GBP), but wrong about DHL; in my experience they always send a letter a couple of weeks later so you think you've got away with it at first, annoyingly.

Comment

Just another quick thumbs up for VGP. Following Friday's announcement re BC I decided to order a 60GB US PS3 at about 5:30pm ish on Friday. The bad boy was here with me by 1pm today, ?50 cheaper (including shipping and no customs)than a UK model. Good Work Fellas!

Comment

Working...
                              X