This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US update: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...ore-update-40/

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.
    Add-on Game Content

PAIN Nigel Character ($0.99)
    Meet the newest downloadable character Nigel, a British punk so full of rage that the only thing he doesn’t hate is PAIN, and he hates the fact that he doesn’t hate it. He’s brassed off and ready to bang his head into whatever and whoever gets in his way (watch out for those spikes!). Well, it sounds like he’s asking for for it, so give him a launch…and make it a PAINful one.
    File size: 6.74 MB

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock “I am Murloc” World of Warcraft Single (free)
    “I Am Murloc” by Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com
    File size: 13.2 MB

Rock Band
    Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* “Crackity Jones” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Dead” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Debaser” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Gouge Away” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Here Comes Your Man” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Hey” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “I Bleed” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “La La Love You” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Monkey Gone to Heaven” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Mr. Grieves” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “No. 13 Baby” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Silver” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “Tame” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * “There Goes my Gun” - the Pixies ($1.99)
    * Doolittle album ($18.99) - This album includes “Crackity Jones,” “Dead,” “Debaser,” “Gouge Away,” “Here Comes Your Man,” “Hey,” “I Bleed,” “La La Love You,” “Monkey Gone to Heaven,” “Mr. Grieves,” “No 13 Baby,” “Silver,” “Tame,” and “There Goes My Gun” by the Pixies.
    * “Dreamin’” - Weezer ($1.99)
    * “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived” - Weezer ($1.99)
    * “Troublemaker” - Weezer ($1.99)
    * Weezer Pack 1 ($5.49) - includes “Dreamin’,” “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived,” and “Troublemaker” by Weezer.

File sizes: 10.4 MB - 42.4 MB (singles), 99.2 - 278 MB (track packs)
    Game Demos (free)

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds Demo
    Slip on the golf shoes, step out on the course and tee it up on the PlayStation 3 with Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds.
    ESRB Rated E
    File size: 505 MB

Top Spin 3 OFFICIAL DEMO
    Grab your raquet and prepare to be totally immersed in every game, set and match in the most realistic and exciting tennis experience ever!
    ESRB Rated E
    File size: 441 MB
    Game Videos (free)

Battlefield: Bad Company Accolades TV Spot
    Watch the uncut TV spot now!
    File size: 45 MB (HD)

Battlefield: Bad Company Preston’s Blog
    Preston Marlowe has just been given a transfer to B-Company and he wants to tell his family all about it.
    File size: 97 MB (HD)

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway - Ubidays Trailer
    How much more can one man take? Check out the new trailer shown at Ubidays to find out.
    File size: 23 MB (SD), 85 MB (HD), 113 MB (1080)

Call of Duty: World at War
    The next Call of Duty revealed! Call of Duty: World at War re-defines the WWII experience, pitting players against enemies in the Pacific and European theaters who know no surrender and will unleash surprising new tactics in a fight to the death.
    File size: 64 MB (HD)

The Incredible Hulk Trailer
    Watch the Incredible Hulk take on foes in New York City.
    File size: 54 MB (HD)

HAZE Launch Trailer
    Set in the year 2048, Mantel Global Industries offers an array of cutting-edge military equipment, including a high-tech arsenal of vehicles, deadly weaponry, and the performance-enhancing drug Nectar. Fight a vicious rebel faction, the Promise Hand. Uncover the truth, switch sides, and break away from Mantel’s manipulative grip when you join your former enemies, the Promise Hand.
    File size: 300 MB (HD)

HAZE Song Trailer
    Download the recent video clip of Korn performing their latest track HAZE, inspired by Ubisoft’s upcoming video game of the same name.
    File size: 89 MB (SD), 131 MB (HD), 172 MB (1080)
    Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

The House Bunny trailer
    In Columbia Pictures’ comedy The House Bunny, Anna Faris charms as Shelley Darlington, a Playboy Bunny who teaches an awkward sorority about the opposite sex – only to learn that what boys really like is what’s on the inside.
    File size: 29.1 MB (SD), 110 MB (HD), 147 MB (1080)

So I Married An Axe Murderer Blu-ray Disc trailer
    Offbeat, hatchet-driven romance about a wedlock-shy coffee house poet (Mike Myers) whose perfect woman (Nancy Travis) just might be a serial killer.
    File size: 110 MB (HD), 158 MB (1080)

Men In Black Blu-ray Disc trailer
    A sci-fi adventure comedy about two top secret agents (Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith) with the everyday mission of policing alien activities on planet Earth.
    File size: 43 MB (HD), 60 MB (1080)
    PS3 Themes (free)

PAIN: Nigel Theme
    Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Nigel theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
    File size: 2.24 MB

PLAYSTATION Network Theme
    Customize your PS3 system with a cool PLAYSTATION Network theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
    File size: 1.95 MB
    PLAYSTATION Store for PC

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.
    Downloadable Games

* Medievil Resurrection ($16.99) (also downloadable via PS3)
    Game Videos (free)

* Medievil Resurrection interview trailer
    PSP Wallpaper (free)

* Medievil Resurrection wallpaper (x3)

Hope you enjoy!
    Wasn't up before I went to bed last night. Tempted to pick up MediEvil. Played a demo of the first on the PS1 which I enjoyed, but never got around to buying the game for some reason.

Comment

still no news about WipeOutHD ...... I had high hopes for an June release of this ...

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
      Six new PS1 games up on JPN store today
      ..... Einhander .......
      Einhander..... I'd love to play that one again, no chance ofcourse that it will be released overhere aswell ? ....

Comment

I Doubt it. USA & Euro stores are very lacking in PS1 titles compared to JPN.

JPN PSN cards come in low values like 1000 Yen/points, so not a massive outlay if you're desperate to grab it (it's 600 Yen/points).

Comment

Anybody know what that new PS3 game is on the JP store today? It's by Irem and from the screen shots looks like some sort of pachinko game with half naked teenage girls in it.

You'd never guess that it was Japanese from that description!

EDIT:

There you go, I was right as it's pachinko with half naked teenage girls in it.
          Originally posted by Siliconera

The tidal wave of PsOne pachinko games were a prelude to Irem?s first digitally distributed game. Pachipara DL Hyper Sea in the Caribbean is sitting on the Japan's PlayStation Store priced at 2,500 yen ($23). A pachinko simulator might not be your cup of tea, but Pachipara DL Hyper Sea in the Caribbean is interesting to note just to see what Irem is doing.

Outside of Virtual Console releases Irem titles have been fixed on PlayStation platforms during a time where many developers are adopting a multiplatform strategy. Instead of jumping ship to the Wii, Irem can release lower budget games like entries in their popular Pachipara series and sell them as PlayStation Network games. Perhaps the PSN will be the new home for the next Zettaizetsumei Toshi (read: Disaster Report / Raw Danger) game too.
          Never played pachinko but from what I've seen it doesn't seem like the most interesting game ever. Anybody else played them?
          Last edited by JP; 02-07-2008, 19:14.

Comment

Couple of new bits on the JPN store this morning

- Rainbow Six 2 - new maps I believe.
            - Initial D - four digital comics by the looks of it.

Comment

Today's PAL Store suff, already up apparently

(pinched from neogaf)

FULL GAMES

► Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (€9,95 - £6.99)

GAME CONTENT (DLC, add-ons, updates)

► Buzz: Quiz TV
              ○ Sci-Fi Quiz (€4,99 - £3.49)
              ○ Rock Legends Quiz (€4,99 - £3.49)
              ○ Australian Culture Quiz (£3.49)
              ○ UK Culture Quiz (£3.49)

► Rainbow Six Vegas 2
              ○ Gift Pack with 3 new multiplayer maps (free)

► Rock Band
              ♪ July 4th 2008 Holiday Single (free)

PSP GAME DEMOS

► Space Invaders Extreme

GAME VIDEOS

► Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
              ○ Ubidays Trailer

► Haze
              ○ Launch Trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► echochrome - theme
              ► Elefunk - theme & wallpapers
              ► Metal Gear Solid 4 - theme
              ► Top Spin 3 - wallpaper

MUSIC

► Movement
              ○ Paris (many videos)

Comment

I'm a little titsed off about Buzz. My copy should be here tomorrow, but already there are four additional question packs to buy at £3.49 each. It really takes the piss in my opinion when premium DLC is released at the same time as a game.

Comment

Aren't you able to create your own quizzes though?

Not sure how that will affect DLC sales if you can as I suppose there is nothing to stop people making their own instead of buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                    Never played pachinko but from what I've seen it doesn't seem like the most interesting game ever. Anybody else played them?
                    I've got a Star Wars pachinko machine and, to be honest, I don't see the draw aside from the fact that it looks pretty. Basically you chuck balls up and you can set the power they get thrown at. That's about where your control ends. The aim is to get those little balls into particular holes. If you get them into a hole, it activates a slot machine graphic (or real slot machine presumably in some models). You can then win more balls through that or get sort of fever time modes and so on.

But that slots bit is absolutely entirely fixed. You have no control over that whatsoever, in spite of having some bits where you're supposed to stop spinners with a button press or whatever. Totally and utterly fixed.

So the only thing you do really is get those balls into those holes.

I guess if you were a real gambling nut you'd be into it but they're just a glorified (and fixed) slot machine with balls.

Comment

So is that it for this week then?

There seems to have been crap all on any of them of interest apart from Movement which I'm quite enjoying. Anybody else watching that show?

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                        Aren't you able to create your own quizzes though?

Not sure how that will affect DLC sales if you can as I suppose there is nothing to stop people making their own instead of buying them.
                        Well, the packs have 500 questions each, and user-created quizzes can only have eight, so they won't work as a replacement. I do find the price of the packs very reasonable, and the idea of further DLC was a selling point for me. I just hate the fact that they have come out with the game, meaning that content was purposefully left off the disk to make further money through the store, rather than being created and released later to freshen up the game as the already included questions start to repeat after extended play.

Comment

Hopefully Sony will put up a fair bit of stuff end of next week to coincide with E3.

Comment

still no news about WipeOut .......

waiting is not my strongest point ....

Comment

Did read a rumour (over on noegaf) it was hitting PSN on 17th July but it's not confirmed and could be complete bull.

Comment

Perhaps they've been giving Fatal Inertia some breathing room?

*tumbleweeds roll slowly by*

Comment

Working...
                                X