Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Trine finally made it to the PlayStation Store! That accomplishment may be exciting, but perhaps not as exciting as some of the other addition's to the North American PlayStation Store this week.

US PSP update is pretty good. Shame it comes 3 days after I spent £10 on a UMD version of Riviera. Would much prefer near instant load times.

Comment

On the off chance I bought some $ in case the US store got anything great when the Go came out but alas nothing... I think I might call it a day and blow it all on Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max.

Comment

I've checked through the US PS store list and, though there definitely is more choice (particularly in PS1 classics), there's not a huge amount that would justify the hassle for me. At least, not yet and not having bought stuff already (and even before having the Go) on the UK store.

And I won't be going JPN because I don't speak japanese and I'm having a kneejerk reaction against the store simply because Joe won't stop going on about it.

One place where the US store seems to kick ass over the UK store is in price. Not on everything but on some things it is much better value. We're getting shafted.

If there was an easy profile shift, I'd definitely love to chop and change through the stores but they've made it more difficult than it has to be.

Comment

I'm having a kneejerk reaction againt the fact that people seem to be adverse to listening to plain, simple, and truthful advice. The JPN store is not difficult to navigate by any means. Also, the large majority of games are 100% playable regardless of one's grasp of the language.

Each to his own though. No skin off my sack etc.

*plays Biohazard 2*
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The Japanese PSN isn't exactly great either, I haven't seen a PSX game worth buying in months. The last game I bought was Fire Pro Wrestling D and that was towards the start of the year.

Hopefully when the PSP Go hits Japan there will be an influx of PSP titles as there's some Japan only PSP games I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

Comment

You must either have bought an obscene amount of titles already or you have a VERY selective preference for gaming.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The last few months have seen Square RPGs,Theme games,Biohazard/Resident Evil games and Rockman/Megaman ports made available. None of these appeal to me as I either already have them on other formats or have no interest in playing due to the language barrier i.e. Final Fantasy. There been a few PC Engine games but they're also available on Virtual Console.

What have you bought in the last 3 or 4 months from the Japanese PSN out of interest?
                Last edited by Nisa; 23-10-2009, 17:32.

Comment

Well you've kinda got me there as apart from Thexder Neo and Metal Slug Complete (which I already have the UMD of anyway) for PSP I've only really bought add-on content for PS3 titles of late. KOF XII music packs, Biohazard 5 Versus mode, two of the three Killzone 2 packs and the Dark Mist extension.

The last PS1 title I bought was Biohazard 3, which I hate, but I felt the need to be completist having previously purchased 1 and 2. I tend not to buy PS1 titles as I have pretty much every single one of them on disc already. I would quite like to swap the discs for downloads however as it would free me up a whole lot of space.

I've had a fair few demos mind. Undead Knights, the 2-D Echochrome and Everybody's Sukkiri being the latest.

I've got Devil Crash too, but I still need to install it.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The Dark Mist extension is brill, I have it for a year now. But afaik Depth of Darkness is fully English in the HK store. I wish I bought that one.

My last JP PS1 title... must've been Last Escape too. During X-mas or so. I also downloaded Dino Crisis by then, which I finished in one sitting. Great game still. Although I found the disc back, the Dino sequel would be a nice addition too.

Comment

Dark Mist is easy enough to play though no? I've not had any trouble with it anyway. It reminds me of playing an import MD game as a kid. Trial and error until you work out what does what. Top game though as you said.

Dino Crisis 2 is one of my favourite PS1 games. No other Survival Horror game from Capcom plays like it. It's balanced between Biohazard and Devil May Cry IMO. Not too slow, but not too fast. I'd deffo D/L it if it comes out.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Somebody mentioned it in the Headlines thread but there's a demo for Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time on the US store. It's pretty hefty, near 2.5GB.

Comment

Howdy folks. I've noticed that a few corners of the internet picked up on a comment I made last week saying that this week would be a big update, I just wanted to put it into context before I began, the full comment was 'Well next week is going to be a mammoth update in [...]

PlayStation Store via PS3

Special Offers
                          • Call of Duty 4 Variety Map Pack (PS3) (?3.99/?4.99) (Ends 2nd November)
                          • Riff Everyday Shooter (PS3) (?3.99/?4.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • SOCOM Fireteam Bravo (PSP) (?9.99/?12.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Future Cop: LAPD 2100AD (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Syndicate Wars (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Hi-Octane (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Championship Bass (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Street Skater (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Street Skater 2 (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          Downloadable Game
                          • Hasbro Family Game Night (?31.99/?39.99) PEGI 3+
                          Trial and Unlock Key
                          • Zombie Apocalypse (Trial free, Unlock Key ?7.99/?9.99) PEGI 18+
                          Demos (free)
                          • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Ratchet (Krell Canyon Demo) PEGI 7+
                          • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Clank (Great Clock Demo) PEGI 7+
                          • Fat Princess Demo PEGI 16+
                          • Trine Demo PEGI 12+
                          • Dragon Ball Raging Blast Demo PEGI 12+
                          Add-On Game Content
                          • Pain - Elvira Character (?0.79/?0.99) PEGI 12+
                          • LittleBigPlanet ? Halloween Mask (free) PEGI 7+
                          • EyePet ? Lucky Dip Styling Pack 2 (free) PEGI 3+
                          • Cross Edge
                            • Add EP (?2.39/?2.99)
                            • Add G (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Add PP (1) (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Add PP (2) (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Add TP (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Additional Dungeon 1 (free)
                            • Additional Dungeon 2 (free)
                            • Additional Dungeon 3 (free)
                            • Additional Dungeon 4 (free)
                            • Additional Dungeon 5 (free)
                            • Beauty & Beast Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Big Strong Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Bromidic Pack (free)
                            • Chicken Prediction Pack (free)
                            • Defense Is Offense Pack (1) (free)
                            • Defense Is Offense Pack (2) (free)
                            • Departure Pack (free)
                            • Enigma Synth Pack (1) (free)
                            • Enigma Synth Pack (2) (free)
                            • Exotic Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Fickle Woman Pack (free)
                            • Fluffy Synth Pack (free)
                            • Fresh Heart Pack (free)
                            • Hero Pack (?0.79/?0.99)
                            • It?ll Come in Handy Pack (?0.79/?0.99)
                            • Latest Technology Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Lots of Legends Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Mighty Rare Pack (free)
                            • Mystery Synth Pack (free)
                            • New Costume Set (1) (?3.19/?3.99)
                            • New Costume Set (2) (?3.19/?3.99)
                            • No Sense of Direction Pack (free)
                            • Open Gallery (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Open Voice (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Power-Up Pack (free)
                            • Power-Up Pack + (free)
                            • Pretty Little Pack (free)
                            • Safety Pack (free)
                            • Service Point Pack (free)
                            • Stew Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Stone SP Synth Pack (free)
                            • Strongest (In a Way) Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Thanks for Waiting Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • This is Equipment Pack (free)
                            • Trial Edition Pack (free)
                            • Unspoken Fear Pack (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Upgrade Point Pack (?1.19/?1.49)
                            • Wanderer Pack (free)
                          PEGI 12+
                          • Trivial Pursuit ? Sports Pack (?3.99/?4.99) PEGI 3+
                          • DJ Hero ? Extended Mix Pack 01 (?4.79/?5.99) PEGI 12+
                          • Beatles: Rock Band
                            • Abbey Road Album (?10.49/?11.25)
                            • Because (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Maxwell?s Silver Hammer (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Oh! Darling (?0.99/?1.49)
                          PEGI 12+
                          • Guitar Hero 5
                            • Astro Zombies by The Misfits (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • Gor Gor by GWAR (?1.59/?1.99)
                            • All Hallows Eve Track Pack (contains the three tracks listed above) (?4.39/?5.49)
                          PEGI 12+
                          • Rock Band
                            • Best of Me by Morningwood (?0.59/?0.79)
                            • Burn by Rob Zombie (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Dragula by Rob Zombie (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • New Moon Rising by Wolfmother (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Pilgrim by Wolfmother (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Rock Me by Liz Phair (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Sugarbaby by Morningwood (?0.59/?0.79)
                            • Sundial by Wolfmother (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Superbeast by Rob Zombie (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • White Unicorn by Wolfmother (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Woman by Wolfmother (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • Rob Zombie Pack 01 (this pack contains the above three Rob Zombie tracks) (?2.49/?3.99)
                            • Wolfmother Pack 01 (this pack contains the above five Wolfmother tracks) (?5.25/?6.59)
                          PEGI 12+
                          Videos (free)
                          • PAIN Elvira Trailer
                          • Dante?s Inferno Limbo Gameplay Trailer
                          • Dragon Age: Origins Warden?s Keep Trailer
                          • Dragon Age: Origins Stone Prisoner Trailer
                          • Need for Speed: Shift TV Spot Trailer
                          • Heroes over Europe Ace Kill Gameplay Trailer
                          • Heroes over Europe Planes Gameplay Trailer
                          • Heroes over Europe Environments Gameplay Trailer
                          Premium Themes

(static themes)
                          • Apache Gunship Theme (?1.19/?1.49)
                          • Bloodwork Theme (?1.19/?1.49)
                          • Fractal Fire Theme (?1.19/?1.49)
                          • Shades of Autumn Theme (?1.19/?1.49)
                          PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Special Offers
                          • SOCOM Fireteam Bravo (PSP) (?9.99/?12.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Future Cop: LAPD 2100AD (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Syndicate Wars (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Hi-Octane (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Championship Bass (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Street Skater (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          • Street Skater 2 (PSone Classic) (?2.39/?2.99) (Ends 5th November)
                          Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)
                          • LocoRoco Midnight Carnival (?11.99/?14.99) PEGI 3+
                          • Crystal Defenders (?7.99/?9.99) PEGI 7+
                          • Super Monkey Ball Adventure (?11.99/?14.99) PEGI 16+
                          • Football Manager Handheld 2010 (?29.99/?.99) PEGI 7+
                          minis (also available via the PS3 store)
                          • Zombie Tycoon (?3.99/?4.99) PEGI 3+
                          Trial and Unlock Key
                          • LocoRoco Midnight Carnival (Trial free, Unlock Key ?11.99/?14.99) PEGI 3+
                          Demos (free)
                          • PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe Demo PEGI 12+
                          • Crystal Defenders Demo PEGI 7+
                          Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)
                          • Rock Band Unplugged
                            • Kool Thing by Sonic Youth (?0.99/?1.49)
                            • My Old School by Steely Dan (?0.99/?1.49)
                          Zombie Tycoon looks alright, but other than that i think yet another dissapointing week.

Comment

People must have higher standards than me.

There's loads there I plan to try tonight including both Ratchet demos, Trine and Fat Princess trials and Crystal Defenders PSP (which I never even knew existed until earlier today).

Sometimes i wonder if "disappointing week" is code for "no PSone classic".
                            Last edited by C'; 29-10-2009, 14:35.

Comment

I agree, plenty to see there for me as well, and I'm usually disappointed by Euro PSN's distinct lack of content updates.

Ratchet, Trine and Dragonball demos coupled with the two new Dragon Age trailers will do me fine

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post

Sometimes i wonder if "disappointing week" is code for "no PSone classic".
                                lol there's that, plus other psp games that have been up on the US store for a couple of weeks already like Half Minute Hero, Guilty Gear XX AC, Metal Slug collection, KOF Collection, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X