Photos of new Bluray PS3 remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilMcRae View Post
    bwahahah BzzzT! Watch this space dood! HD-DVD +will+ be region coded and DRM'ed also very soon.
    Neil, I have it on a very reliable source that we shouldn't be surprised if we don't ever see regional coding on HD DVD.

Comment

Can you please tell if the remote also ejects the games as it does with the movies?!

Comment

Why does anyone need an eject button on the remote? Just curious. It's something that's always bothered me.

So how does this remote work? RF or bluetooth or what?

Comment

It functions via bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Why does anyone need an eject button on the remote?
            So you don't leave fingerprints on the PS3

Comment

Thanks for the pics, you've just saved me 25 quid.

They could've at least made it backlit ffs. I'll stick with the pad for now, at least i know where the buttons are on that.

Comment

Ok, been using the remote a couple of days and its not as bad as you would think, plus it matches the rest of my new AV system quite nicely.

The controls are VERY responsive (some say Blu Ray can be slow to respond, but i get responses within a second of pressing something)

I did have a couple of menue freezes on Mission Impossible 3 disc which could be the disc itself (the menu structure isn't the best), turn the commentaries on, but can't turn them off again without ejecting.

Overall I am happy with the purchase, it would have cost me a Grand (or £599 from Richer Sounds) for a poorly received blu ray player, but I got this for £440 and it has a games console in so i am very happy with it. Sure its not perfect, but what first generation of any new technology is!

The remote isn't like an ugly brick like the first generation of DVD players were (anyone remember the Samsung 807' and 709 models?!!)!

Comment

forgot to add, answer to earlier question, yes it ejects ANYTHING in the drive games or movies

Comment

The remote is designed to go alongside the other Sony remotes like the Bravia and DVD Recorder ones, it matches them exactly. The only differences is it's black to match the PS3.

Mine came today, and other than the lack of backlit found on the 360 one, I can't fault it.

Comment

Working...
                    X