Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Codejunkies' New Freeloader definatley does work on a PAL Wii!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
    So I'm buying a Freeloader for my Wii. What *import only* titles would you guys recommend? So far all I can think of are Alien Hominid, Chaos Field and the new GC version of Radilgy when it comes out.

Surely some American titles would be worth a purchase over PAL versions anyway due to 480p support? (presuming you get component cable and a tv capable of 480p)

Comment

Chaos Field is available in US release for Cube so you can go ahead and grab that anyhow

Ditto Radilgy (as Radio Allergy) next month and for only $20!
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Chaos Field is available in US release for Cube so you can go ahead and grab that anyhow

Ditto Radilgy (as Radio Allergy) next month and for only $20!

Where have u seen RA for $20??

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
          Where have u seen RA for $20??
          20 dollars will be official retail price for the US version, or so O3 said in Next Generation's interview. Linky

Comment

So glad I still have my US copy of Resi 4

This disc better work !!!

Comment

I don't have a progressive scan telly so I guess there's not much point in buying a freeloader at this stage in the game. There's only one or two GC games I already have or want to get that don't have a 60hz mode anyway.

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday.

I've tried a few games:

Rogue Leader
                Twin Snakes
                Mario - did it always look like a car crash?
                Prince of Persia

I did encounter a problem the first time I tried to turn on progressive mode in Prince of Persia but other than that I'm all smiles.

Comment

I want to play RE4 and FZero at 480p is this possible ?

Is Monkey Ball 1 for Gamecube 480p in its US guise ?

Comment

Is this for GC games only? Will it allow you to play import Wii games on a PAL Wii as well?

Comment

mine arrived this morning - takes a couple of goes before it actually gets to the freeloader screen (resets the wii to startup if it goes tits up).

first game i tried was 1080 avalanche - loaded ok then crashed out when i pressed start ... not a good start at all.

then tried metroid prime and resident evil 4 - both worked ok and pressing B brought up the progressive scan option ... though it was jaggy as hell which i can't remember from the gc when playing the games (will link up my gc later and test it out).

did 1080 have problems with freeloader on the normal gc?

Comment

Just tried Wave Race and it didn't like it one bit. Kept on getting an error message asking me to turn off the Cube

Will try more games later on.

Comment

Has anyone tried Ikaruga?

Comment

I tried GC Waverace (Jap) on my PAL Wii & it didnt work. Another dude on here said it used to do the same thing when u tried it on a GC anyway, but funnily enough it works fine on my PAL GC. Dunno if its just this Jap game mind. Others who have a PAL Wii & this FL & another Jap game will have to keep us informed.

Comment

USA F-Zero works fine on a PAL cube.

A bit miffed - Have I basically bought the same freeloader I already have only now I know to go to the "disc channel" before inserting it ? Will need to check that when I get home.

FZero is awesome by the way - It's now firmly back on the playlist.

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu View Post
                                did 1080 have problems with freeloader on the normal gc?
                                I think so. Anyways, Revo-Europe forums confirm that Baten Kaitos Origins (US version) works. Interestingly enough, you can also get your old Action Replay working by booting its disk with new Freeloader. Might help with some compatibility problems....
                                Last edited by elkatas; 19-01-2007, 12:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X