X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crackdown Demo Xbox 360

The demo is up on Live folks!

It is just like I imagined, if not better

Loading Times are very good (but this may be down to the HDD instead)
    Controls are nice and simple, they kinda fall somewhere between Metroid Prime and GTA. The lock on can be a little bit crap at times, but otherwise it's not that hard to do what you need.

Graphics are super Sharp and the Framerate is as stable as can be, also I didn't see any tearing! Whilist they don't look a far cry from your average renderware game, the explosions and draw distance pretty much make up for it.

The game is only availiable to LIVE gold members.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 24-01-2007, 07:14.

Camster reckons graphically this is comparable to Gears & Lost Planet would you say that was going too far ?

He did say there wasn't a single thing he could fault I can't get home soon enough.

Comment

It is impressive but not in the same way as Gears. That is fairly obvious from screenshots alone, it's when you get a super HUAGE explosion and the framerate doesn't even twitch that I was impressed, or when you get up high and can see for miles around, popup is very unobtrusive.

Comment

Are the on foot controls done right? Like the aiming, and all that gubbins.

Comment

I hear there is a limit on the demo?

Manz have been getting - Attention: You have been playing for 30 minutes. You now have 30 minutes of demo time remaining.

Comment

Graphics look superb from the running demo it shows

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
              I hear there is a limit on the demo?

Manz have been getting - Attention: You have been playing for 30 minutes. You now have 30 minutes of demo time remaining.
              Not supposed to work that way from what I understand, the 30 min timer kicks in once you have 2 stars in any ability ! Who knows not played it myself yet !

Great to hear the continued positive impressions, can't wait to catch the sights later

Comment

Obviously I found the timer diappointing - saint's row never had one so why does this? And to be told by the VO guy that I had almost reached my peak for strength after only 4 increases was a bit crappy as I still felt I wasn't all that powerful - Is that likely to be the full game's limit or just the demo's? Obviously they're going to bulk it out with pissy weak levels where you can only jump something like 3 ft or so but I wanna be able to throw like superman damnit.

Locking on to multiple enemies is also flawed as you have to release the target lock before picking a new one, plus if there's other things to shoot at at the same spot you won't always get the target you want.

Other than those issues, the game plays really well and looks the business

Comment

Just had a go with this in Co-op with a friend and its fantastic. Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. This game really excels in Co-op, other than the odd stutter when driving around it was absolutely perfect.

Also kicking FTW

Comment

This rocks! I wasn't expecting it to be this much fun, can't wait for the full game now. Just another month... Who's publishing this? Microsoft?

Comment

I like the fact that you level up quickly in the demo as you can get a real taste of the fun which you'll be having in the full game. The first thing I did when loading up the game was maxing out my agility so that I could jump on the rooftops with ease.

Best. Demo. Ever.

Comment

The explosions, as mentioned, are superb and only get better as your explosive skills increase. Graphically its very impressive in terms of how much it crams in on screen as opposed to the lush yet much smaller locales in GoW. Theres a hint of cel-shadedness going on and for me thats a good thing. Critically the city appears to have a bit of personality too. It does the big things like roof jumping very well but getting down and blasting away at floor level aint that bad either. Its not brilliant as the lock on issue attests to but its a step above the gta formula. Due to the roof jumping its the first game of its genre where id rather stay on foot than drive. Driving at first is a bit hairy. Initially i though this was due to ropey controls but you can increase your driving skills as you go. Physics are nice too and its amusing picking up a dead body, jumping off a roof and flinging the body on the way down. The requirements needed to make this a fun sandbox game appear to be there. However more importantly the missions themselve appear to be solid, engaging and enjoyable.
                        Its a whopping download too btw (around 1.3 gig).

Comment

Three letters......OMG!

GTA 4 better be good cos this is an amazing piece of work.

Comment

Easily the best Xbox Live demo I think I've ever downloaded. It seems to go on forever. Finding out that you can climb all the way to the top of the bridge is quite an experience. It's one of those games that makes you want to try out things just to see if/how they work.

The game seems to want me to move onto the north area of the west island now but it's still locked for me

Comment

Damn, you lot are hypish bar stewards.

I've bought another Gold subscription specifically for this demo later this week. Got stuff downloading now, and whenever I bridge a connection in my PC it messes up my NAT on Azureus.

Still. Good things come to those who wait.

Keep the impressions rolling.

Comment

Working...
                              X