No announcement yet.

Singstar PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my money on it being at least partly down to SingStore, they seem to be trying to do some interesting stuff with it.

I imagine that having to re-license all the PS2 tracks for inclusion in the Store will take some work too.

Not at all interested in the game myself but I do like the idea of what they are trying to do with this.

Comment

I have absolutely no interest in this myself but it does seem to be popular!

Originally posted by ThreeSpeech
      We are happy to announce that SingStar for the PlayStation 3 will launch in the UK on December 7th.

There?s also an accompanying MySpace site at www.myspace.com/singstarvip that runs in conjunction with SingStar Studios at London?s O2 Arena.

Hit the MySpace link for more information.
      SINGSTAR UK RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED AND SINGSTAR TOUR INFORMATION

Comment

Gah. Sadly enough this is the only game I'd buy a PS3 for.

Comment

Song pricing revealed, 99p per track. Pricing for the game (Separate SKUs, one without mics (£25) and the other bundled with two (£50)) suggests that it'll be compatible with the PS2 peripherals?
          Last edited by Number45; 14-11-2007, 13:46.

Comment

Got to give Sony credit for the song pricing. Makes the GH DLC even more ridiculous.

Comment

I seem to remember that they said the PS2 mics would be compatible with the PS3 bt I'm not 100% sure of that!

Didn't they say that all the PS2 songs would be made availbe to download? That doesn't seem too bad really for £20, which is about what they were on the PS2 you could add a decent selection of the songs that you want rather than just buying a new version of the game.

What would be interesting was if the songs were playable from the PS3 XMB without the game being in. I think that would be more attractive for people if they could buy the songs and stick the onto CDs or MP3 players.

Probably not going to happen though...

Comment

It's quite clever too, 99p a track sounds like real good value and in all honesty probably is, but as it stands with the PS2 versions the tracks work out to about 66p each, and that's on physical media too.

It's still the only thing that's tempting me toward a PS3 though sadly

Comment

True but it is still pretty cheap, even iTunes is 79p a track, so it's not bad considering they (I think) come with videos too?

The mic's are USB right? Would they work on a 360 as they are USB? I was thinking of buying Rock Band but using the explorer guitar and any old USB mic?

Comment

The mic's aren't individually USB unfortunately. They have standard 3.5mm jacks which plug into a 'controller' box, which connects to the PS2 via USB.

Comment

Originally posted by babs View Post
                      It's quite clever too, 99p a track sounds like real good value and in all honesty probably is, but as it stands with the PS2 versions the tracks work out to about 66p each, and that's on physical media too.
                      Ah, but that's if you liked all the tracks. I find we only play a small number of songs on each disk. So for us 99p is probably cheaper, per track we like.

Comment

agreed, 99p for 2 or 3 songs you want is much better value than 66p for 30 you don't.

i'm really tempted by this too, especially with it being xmas and all that.

Comment

The mic's aren't individually USB unfortunately. They have standard 3.5mm jacks which plug into a 'controller' box, which connects to the PS2 via USB.
                          That's a shame, thought I'd happened on a cheap way to get Rock Band with vocals AND guitar.

Will still be buying this though, never experienced a singstar game before.

Comment

Jebus, you can use your Xbox Live headset instead of a mic for Rock Band.

Comment

Are you sure? I thought they'd said you couldn't because the quality wouldn't be good enough...?

Comment

It's still the only thing that's tempting me toward a PS3 though sadly
                                99p a track suits me down to a tee, far better than the 500 points for 3 tracks on the Guitar Hero expansion packs, expecially when I only wanted 1 track from most the packs >_<

Comment

Working...
                                X