• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet View Post
    ****ed here
    that's cuz you is a techno-fag.

Comment

On the PAL VC, is the game 'proper' or rubbish?

Comment

Originally posted by Grapple Convoy View Post
        On the PAL VC, is the game 'proper' or rubbish?
        proper as in 60htz? Nope
        Proper as in greatly reduced borders (i.e tiny)? Yes

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
          that's cuz you is a techno-fag.
          Im suprised you were still awake at that time, after you usual friday night grooming the xbox live kids your usually in your kip at 12

Comment

This is still a great game, indeed a timeless game, and I enjoyed finding all 96 exits again but it was somewhat easier than I remember and only took a couple of days to complete. I'd forgotten how the map changes to brown after doing all 96 exits, shame as it's quite ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor View Post
              proper as in 60htz? Nope
              Proper as in greatly reduced borders (i.e tiny)? Yes
              So how does the pace of the game actually stand up against the NTSC version, does it still run ~15% slower?

Comment

or how does the speed compare to the gba version? as thats the version I'm used to playing...

Comment

SMW on the PAL VC is significantly slower compared to the GBA port (I've never played it on the SNES). Mario just seems sluggish to control and even the music doesn't sound right compared to the GBA game. I'm not sure if this is a) The wierdness of playing it with a Classic controller b) I'm actually comparing it to NSMB which I've played recently or c) The GBA port has been sped up.

Comment

Originally posted by ryodi View Post
                    SMW on the PAL VC is significantly slower compared to the GBA port (I've never played it on the SNES)
                    The GBA port runs at exact same speed as the original NTSC SNES version of SMW. So if this is true then the PAL VC release of SMW is indeed the same slow ****e version that was originally released on SNES in europe, albeit with reduced borders ... in that case I certainly won't be touching it, and I think the entry on Wii VC archive could probably do with being updated to reflect this (it currently says that PAL SMW 'is a good buy for PAL gamers').
                    Can anybody confirm the actual speed for sure?

even the music doesn't sound right compared to the GBA game
                    It's the other way round, the GBA music isn't quite right compared to the SNES version The GBA's sound chip isn't quite as good so SNES ports usually sound a bit 'off'.

Comment

>Can anybody confirm the actual speed for sure?

It seems just as slow as the PAL version has always been, unfortunately...

It was the first time I downloaded anything on the VC other than PC Engine games. Even though I was expecting the 50hz version, it still disappointed me.

It was probably still worth downloading, I've spent a few hours playing it, but all the PAL issues really take the shine off the whole VC experience for me. I'd be spending a lot more if they were 480p/60hz versions... I'm not even 100% sure I want to download and play LttP in this state.

Comment

It's got the old slow speed, but the borders have been reduced. So it's another 'half-optimised' title. With the 2D side scrollers like this anyway I don't notice much difference.

Comment

Been playing this again today - easily the best platformer ever and quite probably the greatest videogame ever made. Though I have really enjoyed recent offerings such as NSMB and YI2 on the DS, this completely blows them out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                          X