Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must have 'Japan only' PS1/PS2 games. HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    I'd also like to here more about thea Gatchaman game if it does exist...I love Gatchaman & a game based on it would be great...even if it does suck
    Originally posted by craptest View Post
    That Gatchaman PS1 game I mentioned - I saw it on ebay a week ago. Googled for it. Its a budget 2D action game featuring all the characters. On foot and vehicle sections. Looked like alright fan service but little else.
    I actually own the Gatchaman PS game, and I would tend to agree with craptest that it's little more than just fan service. You see, it features all characters (I think - it's been a long, long time since I last saw a chapter of the anime) on foot and vehicle sections. And that's quite an apposite description, because it only has two levels - the foot and vehicle sections mentioned above; the game loops (without any changes of any kind) once you complete the latter level. Even for the budget price, there's just too little content, and what makes it worse is that the game is much too easy. (I remember finishing the game in under fifteen minutes when I first played it.)

So I wouldn't exactly recommend it as a "must-have," Japan-exclusive title for the PS1. (Unless it's now really rare, in which case forget everything I've said about the game and please contact me ASAP if you're willing to spend a small fortune to obtain the game. )

In regards to PS1 games exclusive to Japan, may I recommend the Great Mr. Driller G? The GBA and GC Mr. Driller games are slighlty better, but G is still a rather good game, I think.
    Last edited by arada392; 07-02-2007, 04:20. Reason: Critical Omission Detected!

Comment

Holy fark. Only 2 levels? (removes Gatchaman PS1 game from list).

BTW - I can use my local (AUST) PSTwo ac adapter with my Japanese PStwo right? The output voltage is the same so I figured its fine

Comment

BTW - I can use my local (AUST) PSTwo ac adapter with my Japanese PStwo right? The output voltage is the same so I figured its fine
        Yes. The PSU is multi voltage so all you need is a standard figure of eight lead and you're away.

Comment

Rumble fish is pretty good

Just a shame the sequel never came out for the ps2

Comment

Im also excited about the Sega Ages 'Wonder Boy' collection. I assume Im not alone. Do you think they'll eventually release RAdiant Silvergun as part of the Sega Ages range?
            Didn't realise they were doing one, but i'm definitely excited now.

Comment

Beatmania

Beatmania IIDX

Comment

If you like Jap pro wrestling i would recommend King of the colliseum 2.
                Best most realistic wrestling game avaliable.

Comment

Taito Memories II Joukan and Taito Memories II Goukan - Does anyone know the full game lists? No signs of Double Dragon (that was published by Taito in Japan??)?

Hori Real Arcade 1. Not cheap but worth the investment? Do those XBOX / GCN system adapters work or would I have to use it for my PS2 only? (Ive read about incompatibility and lag when using controller adapters).

Ordered EDF2 seeing as so many recommended it. Are there any other Simple 2000 games as good?

Comment

Ordered EDF2 seeing as so many recommended it. Are there any other Simple 2000 games as good?
                    GET:

THE Pirate
                    THE Zombie vs Ambulance
                    THE Oneechanpuru
                    THE Chikyuu Boueigun Tactics(Military Madness rip off)
                    THE 2000 Puzzle
                    Love Smash

AVOID:

THE Escape from LA
                    THE Kung Fu
                    THE Oneechanbara 2

Comment

Tell me more about those series

especially THE Pirate

Comment

Bleach Blade Battlers. Looks like a Powerstone type game from teh pics Ive seen. Worth even considering? Im only a moderate fan of the anime. Love Bleach DS. Im assuming Treasure had nothing to do with the PS2 game.

Comment

Bleach Blade Battlers. Looks like a Powerstone type game from teh pics Ive seen. Worth even considering? Im only a moderate fan of the anime. Love Bleach DS. Im assuming Treasure had nothing to do with the PS2 game.
                          Not unless you're a huge Bleach fan. I've got most of the Bleach PS2/GC/Wii/DS/PSP games and it's above average (probably the best of the PS2 games) but just go with the 2nd DS game which is out next week or Heat the Soul 3 on PSP.

Comment

How would it compare to a game like Powerstone though? Nowhere near as good? Could you possibly give me an idea of whats bad about it?

(BTW I was planning to buy Bleach 2 DS. Everything TREASURE gets noticed)

Comment

How would it compare to a game like Powerstone though? Nowhere near as good? Could you possibly give me an idea of whats bad about it?

(BTW I was planning to buy Bleach 2 DS. Everything TREASURE gets noticed)
                              There's nothing really bad about it - it's a decent Powerstone clone (although not as good as either PS 1 or 2) - it's just that it's an average game at best. That said, as with all anime games, if you like the characters etc then you'll get more out of it with unlockable art, music etc.
                              Basically how much do you like Bleach and how many previous Bleach games have you played? If you really like it and haven't played every game then go for it by all means but I'd say try to find it cheap first.

And yeah, Bleach DS 2 is gonna be amazing

Comment

Bit late but I dug my PS2 back out tonight with a stack of shumps so enjoying it again, agree with the list been posted before Ibara is a must as well. PS1 Harmfull Park is great but it does go for a pretty penny now their is also Soukyugerentai aka Terra Diver. I have that on the Saturn and it is the one shmup I have never got around to playing properly yet ( spent a few hundred at vgi few years ago on Saturn/DC shooters) it seems to be one of those marmite ones for people.

Garou MOW is one of the best 2d fighters around (up their with SF2 zero) and perfect port like the DC version (I actually sold my NEO Geo AES cart as I prefered the DC music).

Beatmania DX is great but you need the DXII controller on PS2 to play it really (not strictly JPN only as they finally released a Beatmania DX in USA last year, JPN are on their 12th now and I own then since 3!) but if we can add that add Einhander as well on PS1 If you like rythem type games its a must, your going to have to fork out a pretty penny for the DX II controller but it is a work of art and very well made and if you like them game their going to last you years and years (I just dont get bored of the series).

Comment

Working...
                                X