Anyone collect for the Gba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone collect for the Gba?

Feel free to share your collections, post pics, lists, recommendations, rarites etc, etc. Ive, if i do say so myself, got a nice, if a little small, jp gba collection going but feel free to disscus the 'pal' games if you must Held myself back from collecting gba hardware itself thankfully (for my wallet) and just have a beautiful famicom micro and around 27 or so complete jp games, mostly old snes/sfc stuff and the outstanding modern 2d stuff like the 'vania's etc jp box art loving forced me to ditch my 'pal' games for the lovely little jp boxes which was pretty much what pushed me from playing to collecting (although i still play obviously) Ok? Go!

I have a GBA clear purple, with afterburner kit in it. Custom Built backlight baby!

GBA SP - Silver

can't even remember my games now

Comment

Original "fat" B&W Gameboy, GBA SP black and GBA Micro silver. The only true rare game I have is Yggdra Union LE...well, probably Bubble Ghost for the GB is worth a couple of euros ^^

Comment

Rarest thing in my GBA "collection" is a mint Guru Logic Champ.

I say "collection" because I don't have that many.

Warioware and Wario Twister are must haves.
        Virtua Tennis was good 2 player but the single player rpg stuff left me cold
        Chu Chu Rocket is lovely multi
        Medal of Honor Infiltrator is great fun in the Commando ilk
        Zelda 4 Swords - This game is amazing. But I always get to the same point, get stuck, consult a FAQ, and realise I've no idea what to do next and when I come back later, I've even less idea of what I've done or where I am
        Bomberman Tourament - yeah baby
        Mario Kart Super Circuit - good but bomberman always gets chosen first.
        Yoshi's universal gravitation - review coming soon.
        Gradius Galaxies - fantastic until you get hit and lose all your power ups....
        Hardware: I have a GBAsp I got for free because it had been chewed to death by a dog. I repaired the trigger buttons and ignore all the teeth marks. The screen is fine though.
        Also have a micro which is just an amazing piece of kit.

Which is the best Castlevania to go for on the GBA? And which region?
        Last edited by charlesr; 15-02-2007, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Which is the best Castlevania to go for on the GBA? And which region?
          Aria of Sorrow would be my personal recommendation, and leads nicely into Dawn of Sorrow. You can get it along with Harmony of Dissonance in the double pack for cheap as chips now, too. No real differences with the regions except language and boxart; they'd probably be FAQ-fodder in Japanese, so it's probably worth sticking with the western ones.

Comment

Regarding Castlevanias youre better off sticking with the english language versions as you can get a bit stuck with the 'rpg lite' bits in 'em. Everyone says aira of sorrow teh best but i like Harmony of dissoance, which is regarded as the 'worst' of the three.

Comment

£17 for both. Ordered. Thanks guys.
              Last edited by charlesr; 15-02-2007, 09:02.

Comment

Dont miss Circle of the moon if you like those. Aira's great but Hod looks much better on a micro as it has nice chunky sprites where as aira's are more detailed but look a little small on a micro. This is obviously not videogame critism at its best

Comment

I really enjoyed Harmony Of Dissonance, too. I played it before Aria Of Sorrow, but although in the end I think that technically Aria Of Sorrow was superior, I really preferred Harmony.

All that Soul Collecting in Aria was a pain (being a bit anal about collecting stuff) and it got really old by the time I completed Dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                    Regarding Castlevanias youre better off sticking with the english language versions as you can get a bit stuck with the 'rpg lite' bits in 'em. Everyone says aira of sorrow teh best but i like Harmony of dissoance, which is regarded as the 'worst' of the three.
                    I really enjoyed Harmony of Dissonance too, think all 3 GBA titles are great in their own way thought the first one was rock solid though.
                    Got 32 GBA titles myself (all PAL), there are a few I regret NOT buying like Ninja Cop, Metroid Zero Mission and others as they are definitely harder to find and buy in shops, also I dont trust ebay at all.
                    I always BUY BUY BUY ATLUS US titles if i can, Capcom/Konami/Namco Euro titles too as the prints will be small or not stocked by shops.
                    Really disappointed to see my local GAME have now got rid of GBA completely, Gamestation is the only place that have a small section of new titles now. Recently got Polarium Advance for ?4.99 so let the bargains commence, also got a Micro Silver from John Lewis at ?24.99.
                    My pride and joy is collection wise is Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, fantastic game put SO many hours into that one well worth it.

Heres what i have, bit of a mixed bag really...

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
                    Hello Kitty Happy Party Pals
                    Onimusha Tactics
                    Racing Gears Advance
                    Boktai
                    Breath of Fire
                    Zone of The Enders
                    Gradius Advance
                    Harvest Moon
                    Megaman Zero
                    Metroid Fusion
                    Yoshi's Island
                    Klonoa
                    Castlevania Circle of the Moon
                    Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
                    Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
                    Golden Sun
                    Golden Sun The Lost Age
                    Sonic Advance
                    Car Battler Joe
                    Final Fantasy Tactics
                    Sword of Mana
                    Riviera
                    Polarium Advance
                    Yggdra Union
                    Tactics Ogre
                    Kingdom Hearts
                    Phantasy Star Collection
                    Tales of Phantasia
                    Lunar Legend
                    CIMA: The Enemy
                    The King of Fighters EX: Neo Blood (JAP/GBA Package)

Still buying for the system also, will always take a stab at it.

Comment

This is what i have so far, although theres about as many again that im still after,
                      Castlevania CotM,
                      Castlevania HoD,
                      Darius R,
                      Final Fight (resplendent with the 'Posion ivy' which was still removed from the us/uk versions)
                      Street fighter zero 3,
                      Mario advance,
                      Contra spirits,
                      Super Mario world,
                      F-Zero advance,
                      Metal slug advance,
                      Gradius galaxies,
                      Super Gouhls 'n Ghosts,
                      Mikeys magicial quest 2 (and 3, im having a 'mare trying to find a jp copy of the first game)
                      Super Street fighter 2 turbo revial,
                      Mario kart advance,
                      Zelda lttp,
                      Metriod zero,
                      Kirbys knightmare in dreamland,
                      Astroboy,
                      Gunstar super heros,
                      Yoshis island,
                      Sonic advance.
                      Pal wise im yet to replace Castlevania AoS and Sega arcade gallery which didnt get a jp release sadly
                      speaking of which is the forthcoming Metal slug 1st mission and Sonic the headgehog 15th anniversary edition getting a jp release? Metal slugs down for a us/uk release but i cant find no jp release date which is odd?

Comment

Forgot that ive also got
                        Warioland 4,
                        Metriod fusion,
                        and Mr driller 2, all japanese on the way.

Comment

Ive got a complete pearl white final fantasy tactics gba sp set with a large poster of a judge on a chocobo and a super fresh copy of guru logic.

I'm actually looking to sell the tactics gba set on if anyone is interested...

Comment

Here is a list of my GBA games: IGN List clicky

I play them on my Mario 20th Famicom Ed. GB Micro

Comment

The GBA is third in my list of consoles - only the DS and the PSP (think I'm the only one in the world) have had more games bought for it.

Hardware - I have an original GBA collecting dust, a Famicom micro and four SPs - Famicom, Famicom controller, NES and a blue one with brighter screen.

I think it's a great console to collect for - huge range of quality titles, some hard to find ones to keep the serious collectors busy but nothing too expensive. Also a nice range of sizes of box (Western, Japanese, Japanese Famicom classics and bit generations) which I like.

There's no excuse for not having a GBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X