Anyone collect for the Gba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
    Dont miss Circle of the moon if you like those. Aira's great but Hod looks much better on a micro as it has nice chunky sprites where as aira's are more detailed but look a little small on a micro. This is obviously not videogame critism at its best
    CoM is the first one, right? That's my fave, is has proper Castlevania music... sort of. Certainly can't understate how important the music is in Castlevania

I did have tons of GBA games until recently (well, I've still got a few!) and I love the little beasty, much more so than any other handheld. It's got quirky games to it, some proper 'retro' (in a way) titles where gaming skill is required, interesting takes on modern genres [with a retro slant]. Take the Medal of Honour game, for example. It's brilliant in a Commando-style. It had games that continue certain IP 'correctly' too, e.g. Metroid (if you get me... not that the 3D ones are bad but you can't beat 2D platforming!)

And, and this is probably a little bit wrong, I have a soft spot for Sega Rally too. Well, the classic tracks anyway. Other than the obvious F-Zero and Mazza kart, I'm not too sure about any other decent-ish driving games. I'm not a fan of the 3D-wannabe titles 'cos the GBA just can't do it properly.

Hmm... collecting? Not so much now but I certainly do love those ickle Japanese boxes!

Comment

I used to be into the GBA in a big way a few years ago. Had the spice orange original GBA to match the Cube I had at the time, plus the KOF one, then had 5 GBA SPs when those came out - Famicom, Boktai, FF Tactics, Seiken Densetsu and a normal black JP one.
      I only have the black one left now and would replace it with a GB Micro if the price wasn't such a rip-off.

Had quite a lot of games at one point too, but I've whittled that down to what's listed below that I'm happy to keep for now.

Astro Boy
      ChouMakaimura R
      Columns Crown
      Contra Hard Spirits
      F-ZERO
      F-ZERO: Falcon Densetsu
      Final Fight ONE
      Ganbare Goemon 1+2
      Gradius Generation
      Gunstar Super Heroes
      Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
      Konami Arcade Game Collection
      Made in Wario
      Mario Golf GBA Tour
      Mario vs Donkey Kong
      Mariokart Advance
      Metal Slug Advance
      Metroid Zero Mission
      Mr.Driller 2
      Mr.Driller Ace
      Pokemon Pinball: Red & Blue
      Puyo Puyo Fever
      Sega Rally
      Sonic Advance
      Sonic Advance 2
      Sonic Pinball Party
      Super Mario Advance
      Super Mario Advance 2
      Super Mario Advance 3
      Super Mario Advance 4
      Zelda LTTP + 4 Swords

Probably wouldn't lose any sleep if I cut loose the SEGA games and a few others, but they're almost worthless and the boxes look good, so I just hang on to them.

Haven't bought any games for a while but there's still a few I'm interested in getting at some point to finish my collection.

Comment

you can pick up brand new Micros for ?29.99 now you know. I absolutely adore the original Warioware, still think it's the best in the series, the characters were just spot on, and the mini games felt so much more satisfying than the newer ones do. Portable heaven!

Also have all 3 CastleVania games, I think they're all great in their own way, I actually really liked Harmony of Dissonance, alot of criticism was directed at it's soundtrack, but I think it was only fitting seeing as dissonance is supposed to be "bad". Its quite an intriguing title imo.

I do want to pick up an SP+ at somepoint for the better sized screen, but for little trips and stuff, the micro is just the perfect size. I recently sold a load of GBA games and assumed I didn't have many left, but I've since put my game boxes onto a shelf (I keep the carts seperate in a container to protect the boxes) and I still have faaaaar more than I expected.

Is Sega rally any cop then? I'm really tempted to get it purely out of fanboyism for the franchise :P

Comment

Another GBA fan here

I've got a Fami SP (courtesy of SuperdanX) and a Fami micro. I've had a fair few other models but have had to cut them back to make room/money.

The GBA's library of games has such a deep wealth of quality titles. It's easily one of the best machines for 2D platformers and RPG's and is up there with the PS2 as a must have machine in any gamers collection.

I've currently got around 110 games for the GB/GBC/GBA and have recently been on a bit of a mission picking up classic games that i've missed first time around (as there are so many).

I actually bought a GBC with a camera and printer (arrived today, all boxed and minty) for the princely sum of £8. It also came with a 66 in 1 game cart that i've been having fun going through.

EDIT

Pics of some of my GBA games are here -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/85461228@N00/
          Last edited by Mad Gear; 16-02-2007, 16:08.

Comment

Love the GBA & built up a fairlylarge collection ove the past few years.
            Most of the games are all UK ones apart from A FEW & the stuff that didnt come out here. Nearly everything is mint & complete aswell.

Hardware
            Backlit Graphite SP
            Black SP
            Zelda SP
            NES SP

Famicom Micro
            Blue Micro
            Green Micro
            Red Micro

PAL games
            Alien Hominid
            Aladdin
            Advance Wars
            Advance Wars 2
            Astro Boy
            Boktai
            Boktai 2
            Bomberman Tournament
            Bomberman NES
            Blackthorne
            Breath Of Fire
            Breath Of Fire 2
            Boulder Dash
            Bust A Move
            Broken Sword
            CT Special Forces 2
            Castlevania Circle Of The Moon
            Castlevania Double Pack
            Chu Chu Rocket
            Colin McRae
            Columns
            Counter Punch
            Denki Blocks
            Dungeons & Dragons Eye of the Beholder
            Dual Masters
            Doom
            Eks Vs Sever
            Excitebike
            Fire Emblem
            Fire Emblem 2
            F-Zero
            F-Zero Legend
            Final Fantasy 1+2
            Final Fantasy IV
            Go Go Beckham
            Guardian Heroes
            Golden Sun
            Golden Sun 2
            GT Advance 3
            Gradius Advance
            Harvest Moon
            Hamtaro Heartbreak
            Its Mr Pants
            Jurassic Park: Park Builder
            Konami Krazy
            Kuru Kuru Kururin
            Mario Kart
            Mario Bros
            Metal Slug
            Super Mario Advance
            Super Mario Advanve 2
            Super Mario Advance 3
            Yoshis Island
            Mario vs DK
            Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
            Mario Golf
            Pokemon Leaf Green
            Pokemon Emerald
            Kingdom Hearts
            Super Puzzle Fighter
            Polarium
            Kirby Nightmare In Dreamland
            Lady Sia
            Lord of The Rings Two Towers
            Mech Platoon
            Megaman Battle Network
            Megaman Battle Network 2
            Megaman Battle Netwrok 3
            Megaman Zero
            Megaman Zero 2
            Megaman Zero 3
            Metroid
            Metroid Zero
            Metroid Fusion
            Meal Of Honor Infiltrator
            Onimusha Tactics
            PacMan NES
            Pinball Of The Dead
            Phantasy Star Collection
            POP Sands of Time
            Rampage Puzzle Attack
            Sonic Advance
            Sonic Advance 2
            Super Ghouls & Ghosts
            Splinter Cell
            Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
            Super Dodge Ball
            Steet Fighter 2
            Street Fighter 3
            Sword Of Mana
            Tony Hawks 2
            Tony Hawks 4
            Total Soccer
            Top Gear Rally
            Virtual Kasparov
            V Rally
            WarioWare
            Warioland 4
            Xevious
            YuGiOh Worldwide edition
            Zelda
            Zelda 2
            Zelda Link To The Past
            Zelda Minish Cap
            Zone of The Enders
            Qwak

US
            Final Fantasy Tactics
            Mr Driller 2
            Ninja Five-O
            Pokemon Pinball
            Racing Gears Advance
            Riviera
            Shining Force
            Summon Night
            Super Robot Taisen
            Super Robot Taisen 2
            Sword Of Mana
            WarioWare Twisted
            Yggdra Union

JAP
            Bit Generations: Boundish
            Bit Generations: Coloris
            Bit Generations: Dialhex
            Bit Generations: Digidrive
            Bit Generations: Dotstream
            Bit Generations: Orbital
            Bit Generations: Soundvoyager
            Final Fight One
            Hajime No Ippo
            Klonoa Heroes
            Lgend Of Stafi
            Legend Of Stafi 2
            Mr Driller Ace
            Nonono Puzzle
            Tomato Adventure

Theres still a few games i really want to pick up before they dissapear but not much left that im after. Will probably continue to pick up cheap ones on ebay now & then though.
            There's also the the FF games aswell.

Comment

Is Sega rally any cop then? I'm really tempted to get it purely out of fanboyism for the franchise :P
              It's OK, nothing too great but play it for a bit and there's a little of classic Sega Rally in there. The graphics on some of the tracks, well, most of the tracks are rubbish but you know, I like it. Total SR fanboy too, it's an admirable game for the GBA. Cheap NTSC/J import, 100% English.

Gotta get me some micro action.

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman View Post

Looks nice; plays OK; gets boring very, very fast.

Comment

Racing games in general don't age very well, I think it's fair to say. It was OK at the time, but compared to racing games on the PSP and some on the DS it isn't that much fun any more.

I have quite a few GBA racers but the only ones I would say still stand up are Mario Kart and Racing Gears.

Comment

What's Racing Gears? Ah man, I looked it up... that's gotta be an essential purchase right there.

F-Zero MV is ace-tastic too! Which is the good GT game? There's a really nice one, can never remember which though as there's a few of 'em.
                    Last edited by Commander Marklar; 17-02-2007, 10:44.

Comment

Konami Krazy Racers is pretty good, as well. Think it was a launch title here - very impressive when you consider that.

Comment

NTSC-uk Sega Rally review although perhaps a little questionable...

While the Sega Rally games were never particularly noted for their soundtracks, the tunes which grace this conversion are predictably weak.

Comment

I must admit I do have a soft spot for the GBA. The SP is just perfect for my big fat chunky hands and the super bright screen on the backlit model is just lovely. Plenty of games. Lots of variety, and a lots available cheap nowadays.

I don't have that many games for the system. Probably around about twenty, but I would regard all of them as being good. I'm currently ploughing my way through Final Fantasy IV which somehow feels just right on the system.

If anyone has Baseball (the Sega one) please give me a shout. I've been looking for it for ages.

Comment

I have a copy of Sega rally put back at work but its very expensive so didn't jump at it just yet

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              Konami Krazy Racers is pretty good, as well. Think it was a launch title here - very impressive when you consider that.
                              Omg, KKR is absolutely amazing! Great music, very good use of Konamis characters and locations, did I say great music? Imo, it actually beat Mario Kart Super Circuit as best Mario Kart style game on GBA.

Comment

Konami Krazy Racers is brilliant, first game I got with the machine along with Circle of the Moon and Rayman - brings back memories.

Comment

Working...
                                X