This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkAvengerRyan View Post
    Well if you had the equivelant hardware of the xbox 360, half life 2 would run smoothly.

It ran perfectly on my amd 4200+ dual core and the x1900xt graphics card. It never stuttered once.
    Congratulations for playing a 2 year old game that could virtually be run on a calculator on your reasonably high specced PC.
    A great use of your system there.

And when have you ever even seen HL2 running on a 360.
    wait for it.
    oh you haven't, so what was the point in that comparison?!

Comment

Yeah i agree with you that it isnt an ingame shot, which makes it invalid
      There we go

Comment

"You seem to be suggesting that they just took HL2 and ported it to the xbox with minimal optimisation. Doom3 and HL2 on the xbox were both respectable feats, and that seems to be ignored here

Try running the xbox version alongside a PC of the same basic spec. a 700mhz PC with 64megs and a Geforce3, isn't going to run HL2 particularly well. Same goes for Doom3. Is the xbox version better or worse than a PC of equivalent spec, that the real test."

THE XBOX VERSION IS WAS CHANGED SO THAT IT WAS LESS DEMANDING, IE WORSE GRAPHICS, LESS PHYSICS ETC SO THAT IT WOULD RUN PROPERLY. PERHAPS IF YOU WATERED DOWN THE PC VERSION JUST AS MUCH AS THE XBOX VERSION THEN IT WOULD RUN ON THE EQUIVELANT LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE AND GRAPHICS

"I'm not really sure what your Gears of war point is, are you saying that the 3rd person view is some how a crutch?
        Gears and Rainbow 6 both use the unreal3 engine, and generally, a 3rd person game has to deal with the fact you've got the main character in view all the time. 'Gameplay' isn't a techical resource that has to be sacrificed against graphics. Having some minor issue like an object disappearing somewhere or whatever, isn't really effecting 'gameplay' at all."

WELL FOR STARTERS IT EFFECTS THE WAY IN WHICH THE GAME IS PLAYED, FOR EXAMPLE, YOUR PLAYING GTA AND YOU STEAL A CAR, YOU LEAVE IT, COME BACK AND ITS GONE, THEREFORE YOU HAVE TO FIND A NEW ONE. THAT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE BUT IT DOES CHANGE HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED, AKA GAMEPLAY.

MY POINT ABOUT GEARS OF WAR IS THAT THE MAIN CHARACTER LOOKS GREAT. BUT THE SCENERY IS DEVELOPED USING THE SAME METHODS AS RESIDENT EVIL, I DONT KNOW THE NAME OF THIS METHOD BUT IM SURE SOMEONE WILL HELP ME OUT ON THAT ONE. THE COLOURS ARE DARK AND WASHED OUT, THERE IS LITTLE COLOUR IN THE GAME TO BE HONEST. JUST LIKE RESIDENT EVIL! THE GRAPHICS LOOK GREAT BUT THATS HOW THEY PULL IT OFF.

Comment

lol no, thats stupid! all it says is that microsoft and ATI worked together in the designs, and that microsoft just said what they wanted the chip to do and ATI designed it.

microsoft could have just said, we want an amazing chip capable of running blah blah, make us one.

that article provides no evidence at all of what you said before
          Yes, that's correct I posted that in response to this :

according to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenos it was ATI who designed the chip.
          So you see :

Originally posted by Me
          Microsoft and ATI did the GPU architectural design, with MS determining the overall performance targets and ATI turning those targets into reality. The Unified Shaders and Intelligent Memory, for example, are direct results of our remarkable collaboration.
          wikipedia - lol. Keep digging that hole.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            There we go
            That's obviously fake.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              There we go

THANKYOU! SEE THE SIMILARITY NOW? anyone know what that kind of graphics design is called by the way?

Comment

_ignore_

Comment

"You seem to be suggesting that they just took HL2 and ported it to the xbox with minimal optimisation. Doom3 and HL2 on the xbox were both respectable feats, and that seems to be ignored here

Try running the xbox version alongside a PC of the same basic spec. a 700mhz PC with 64megs and a Geforce3, isn't going to run HL2 particularly well. Same goes for Doom3. Is the xbox version better or worse than a PC of equivalent spec, that the real test."

THE XBOX VERSION IS WAS CHANGED SO THAT IT WAS LESS DEMANDING, IE WORSE GRAPHICS, LESS PHYSICS ETC SO THAT IT WOULD RUN PROPERLY. PERHAPS IF YOU WATERED DOWN THE PC VERSION JUST AS MUCH AS THE XBOX VERSION THEN IT WOULD RUN ON THE EQUIVELANT LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE AND GRAPHICS

"I'm not really sure what your Gears of war point is, are you saying that the 3rd person view is some how a crutch?
                  Gears and Rainbow 6 both use the unreal3 engine, and generally, a 3rd person game has to deal with the fact you've got the main character in view all the time. 'Gameplay' isn't a techical resource that has to be sacrificed against graphics. Having some minor issue like an object disappearing somewhere or whatever, isn't really effecting 'gameplay' at all."

WELL FOR STARTERS IT EFFECTS THE WAY IN WHICH THE GAME IS PLAYED, FOR EXAMPLE, YOUR PLAYING GTA AND YOU STEAL A CAR, YOU LEAVE IT, COME BACK AND ITS GONE, THEREFORE YOU HAVE TO FIND A NEW ONE. THAT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE BUT IT DOES CHANGE HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED, AKA GAMEPLAY.

MY POINT ABOUT GEARS OF WAR IS THAT THE MAIN CHARACTER LOOKS GREAT. BUT THE SCENERY IS DEVELOPED USING THE SAME METHODS AS RESIDENT EVIL, I DONT KNOW THE NAME OF THIS METHOD BUT IM SURE SOMEONE WILL HELP ME OUT ON THAT ONE. THE COLOURS ARE DARK AND WASHED OUT, THERE IS LITTLE COLOUR IN THE GAME TO BE HONEST. JUST LIKE RESIDENT EVIL! THE GRAPHICS LOOK GREAT BUT THATS HOW THEY PULL IT OFF.

STOP USING CAPS PC BOY!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet View Post
                    So what are teraflops then ?
                    The term 'Teraflop' is used to describe an elderly lady's breast that has drooped to a length of 20 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                      Yes, that's correct I posted that in response to this :

So you see :

wikipedia - lol. Keep digging that hole.
                      lol when it says they worked together doing the architectural design the rest of it explains how, which shows microsoft done nothing in the design of the chip. You do understand that, right? i think you may be confused by the way it is written.

That is one point, not two....

Comment

I can't take no more I'm done with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
                          STOP USING CAPS PC BOY!

lol sorry, had to make it stand out because i was commenting each part of what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post

I can't take no more I'm done with this one.

So have you come to the light yet and discovered the truth?

Comment

Jesus Wept.

Comment

THANKYOU! SEE THE SIMILARITY NOW?
                                Is it the dude out of Res Evil also has a torque bow/hammer of dawn?! I'm really good at this sort of thing, I buy TV quick, Best and Bella for the 'spot the difference' competitions.

Comment

Working...
                                X