edge on adam and joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edge on adam and joe

last night on adam and joe tokyo they had this daft jap ps2 game where you act out a kids summer holidays, anyway adam complained joe wasnt being technical enough so joe said 'the polygon count is fantastic..etc..it gopt 7/10 in edge magazine'.

so was the 7 a random number? or did joe know the legend of edge 7s? (ie: ace games like hotd2 get 7s because theyre not progressive enough even though theyre in edges most played for months afterwards).

im guessing its more the latter. was funny though.

I saw that Adam and Joe too.

I think Joe was just taking the piss, after Adam suggested he needed to sound like he knew more about video games if he was going to recommend one.

So Joe mentioning Edge was a faux-naive way of appearing knowledgeable about video games, whilst also poking fun at Edge's po-faced-ness.

nice!

Comment

No. I think they may know a thing a two about videogames. I remember Joe being a guest on Rise (before it got revamped) a few months ago bigging up ICO surprisingly, which one of the muppet head (now)-ex-presenters could only reply to that he knew of and liked GTAIII.

Comment

I love that show. Especially "Making it big in Tokyo".

Akhibarabashi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
          No. I think they may know a thing a two about videogames. I remember Joe being a guest on Rise (before it got revamped) a few months ago bigging up ICO surprisingly, which one of the muppet head (now)-ex-presenters could only reply to that he knew of and liked GTAIII.
          They are video game fans yes, that is quite well known.

I don't see that that makes a difference to what I said.

Did you see the show? Joe was clearly taking the piss out of self-important video game journalists.

Comment

Didn't say it did make a difference. Did I?

Just a comment that's all.

Don't read so much into things.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
              Didn't say it did make a difference. Did I?
              You implied it with a big fat 'No'

what were you saying 'no' about then?

Comment

Okay. If you want to get all deep about one tiny little comment.

(Can't believe we're having this discussion)...

I think Joe wasn't having a go at EDGE's po-faced-ness.

No. It looked more to me that he was having a go at people who obsess over the scores which EDGE release. You know, the eternal whinging score brigade. As if the game they looked at would mean more or less with regards to its worth depnding on how people would percieve a 7/10 score in EDGE.

Comment

The best bit of that review was Adam's pisstake of that teenage bastard who used to review the games on Live and Kicking.

Ithhhhh got gweat gwaphics.

Comment

(another side to the argument)

I think they are both dicks, exactly the same as that little teenage ****. Watching those twats in Japan just makes me even more angry I'm still here (and I'm not at all jealous )

Comment

Also veering off on a tangent, the scary thing about that song they performed was that I actually thought it was quite good.

Adam sounded exactly ****ing like Lou Reed. Which is blatantly terrifying.

And we all know what a good David Bowie, Joe makes.

I'm going to have to have a look and see if some sad bastard has stuck it on a P2P network yet

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                        (another side to the argument)

I think they are both dicks, exactly the same as that little teenage ****. Watching those twats in Japan just makes me even more angry I'm still here (and I'm not at all jealous )
                        Pfft. You make it sound like you haven't travelled before.

Some of us have hardly been out of this country, y'know.

Comment

I wish I could watch this I am unable to though.
                          Who remembers the football song that A&J did?

"Ball Ball Ball
                          Footy Footy Footy......"

It was great.

Comment

Why? It's repeated on BBC 1 during monday nights.

(EDIT: Thick-headed twat looks at Saif's location.)

That'll teach me to not respond so fast.

Comment

You boys see the Saki special? Where they interview a drunk Yamachi look alike

"Im number one, im the boss"

"YEEEESSSHHHH"

Comment

Working...
                              X