No announcement yet.

F355

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only problem with the DC ver in VGA is that it doesn't support widescreen god knows why they took the 16:9 option out in VGA when it's there for every other TV connection.

Looks absolutely gorgeous tho, I just wish it was a more accessible game.

Comment

Nice. What's all this nazodrifting stuff? Sounds like snaking

Comment

Yeah, kinda like snaking although it doesn't increase the top speed like that does. Nazodrifting just lets you grip better in corners.

You initiate a drift then steer quickly and repeatedly in the opposite direction to make the car stick. Was great fun but very tiring, plus it wrecked steering wheels

Comment

so I can hold you personally responsible for any knackered F355 cabinets I come across in the future then? :P

Comment

Nope :P I meant it wrecked DC steering wheels. I only ever played the arcade version a couple of times and didn't know about that glitch at the time. It was fixed in F355 2

Comment

I didn't know about the 'two shifts up, one shift down' trick. Works a treat in that vid. Keeps the revs much higher. Great excuse to hook the DC up and revisit F355

Comment

In regards to the 'realism' of it, can I just ask: how many people who have played it have also actually driven an F355 in real life?
                Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I didn't know about the 'two shifts up, one shift down' trick. Works a treat in that vid. Keeps the revs much higher. Great excuse to hook the DC up and revisit F355
                  I remember Lee from VGI telling me about that trick years and years ago , with that managed to cut my best lap Suzuka short time down the low 00.52's, Lee got it down to the low 00.51's.

I remember downloading some Jp player time and it was amazing to watch him Daytona USA sytle powerslide around the track and inthe most amazing time

The only game that comes close to this is GTR 2 imo

Comment

Originally posted by figflair View Post
                    In regards to the 'realism' of it, can I just ask: how many people who have played it have also actually driven an F355 in real life?
                    I've been in one on a trackday - some random - I jumped in just as he was due to go out on track. Does that count?

Comment

That video brought back some memories, always hated that Sugo track though, by far the worst one in the game.

Imagine if they did just remake F355, sort out the collision detection to make that more realistic and add online 8 player proper races. I'd be on that in a shot.

Comment

Imagine that, that would be as good as Daytona on live, happy days indeed guys

Comment

F355, one of the greatest racing games of all time for sure,
                          I played it A LOT, too bad I didn't knew that shifting "glitch" back then, seeing that vid makes me wanna hook up my DC again !

Originally posted by figflair View Post
                          erm... I will this saturday (if the weather stays good), I'm going to drive it for an hour, it's a birthday gift from my girl !
                          really looking forward to that, I'll post some pics when I'm back. unfortunally it's not on a closed race track.....

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Yeah, another area in which it's not realistic. Great fun for sure, but not sim.
                            It's only a sim to those that didn't play it 'right', I reckon. You know, those that crash into walls pretty much all the time expecting something like a Burnout-style arcade racer. F355 is a true arcade racer in my opinion, one that has some really nice skills to learn once one has tamed the controls and the car. Of course, the graphics don't help to convey this to the casual player so therefore it's a sim Never mind the fact that grip levels are all over the place and so on, it doesn't matter. I love the weight feeling the car has and the way it handles if you can make it stick pulling away from a perfect drift.

Ah yeah, the PS2 version is great. There's plenty of driver challenge modes which add a lot to the game in my opinion, teach a player to exploit some of the arcade handling well that rewards a player in a more modern recognisable fashion; you know, 'depth'. But it's all good fun, a bonus to an already stonking game. FF-wheel compatible too. Of course, these extra modes are meaningless and spoils the purity of said title if you're like, erm, a SEGA fanboy or something

Also, there's another gear-shifting technique and that's sort of 'blipping' the gears as you shift through. There's a website somewhere where it's all detailed with stats and fancy chart things, a couple of sound bites so you can hear what they should sound like.

Ah, I think I have that Daytona video mentioned. I'll see if I can get it on Google video or something.

Comment

Comment

That vid brought back memories of trying to control that sucker. I am pretty good at racers, in fact I had top ten times on some of the car challenges in PGR2 and endurance races in Forza, but F355 was one hard game.

Comment

Working...
                                X