This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Friction View Post
    I had no idea you could do so many 'adjustments' to the wheel if you knew what you were doing! The more I see and hear the more I want to get one!
    There's so many different ways of customising it if you want to, I think partly because it's also a PC wheel and it's a very popular wheel on the sim sites too. Of course, many of the customisation options aren't official so I'm not even thinking about those at the moment.

You can even combine the wheel the high end sim equipment such as these Frex pedals but you're going to be paying £1000+ for a set of G27 pedals from FREX.

I do really like the idea of using a real steering wheel and shifter paddles but again, I'm not doing anything like that while I have a valid warranty.
    It is a lot of money for a controller setup, but let's be honest - what a controller! I''m sure the fun you'll get out of it will more than make up for the cost. I daren't ask how much those other wheels you posted cost....
    Even though I've had very limited use I'm more than happy with what it's added in that time. It's primarily for GT5 and the people who have tested the game with the G27 seem to think that it let's you know exactly what you're tyres are doing and you can feel precisely when you're about to lose grip.

I'm still very much getting used to using the wheel at the moment as I'm still having to think about what I'm doing which on a controller but I'm already finding that it gives me so much more control over what's happening with the car, even on not particularly good games.
    Sorry to hear about theh back op - hope you make a speedy recovery!
    Cheers, it's probably going to take 4 or 5 weeks before I'm back in work and stuff but I know it could be a lot worse.

Comment

Nipped into my local PC World today and picked up the PSP version of Tekken 6 for the measely sum of ?4.97!

Nice.

Comment

Crikey John that's getting pretty involved there! Spending ?300 odd is enough, I couldn't ever justify that much cash, even if it is nigh on perfect! It's amazing to think though just how serious people take sims and the lengths they will go to for perfect control etc!

What I'm liking most about the G27 is the clutch and full gear stick. I've never been a fan of manual in games - which sounds silly to say with me looking at the wheel - it's just this really makes me want to try it properly because it's just like the real thing I suppose. Must be really satisfying to master a controller like that with a good game!

I just know when GT5 finally hits and I've had a go at the game with a pad, and will no doubt ask you about it - I'm going to want the wheel more than ever. Doesn't help my brother thinks it's a great idea and want's me to invest too

Good luck with the back recovery like I say. I'm no stranger to back probs myself - not had any ops, but royally made a mess of mine about 6 years ago now and enjoyed the 'laid up' period - good to catch up on games though

Comment

this arrived for me today, only an hour or so in but enjoying it none-the-less:

Comment

@ Shozuki, Nice, is that a US Ltd Ed or just the standard case it comes in?

My Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinshou finally arrived, really forward to this as I thought the demo was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Phar View Post
              @ Shozuki, Nice, is that a US Ltd Ed or just the standard case it comes in?
              US limited edition, has to settle for that as there was no UK LE...

Comment

There is a UK limited edition though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                  There is a UK limited edition though.
                  Have you seen anyone list it yet?

Comment

Konami eu producer said the collectors edition is due after main game, October 28th.
                    "It will be available in the UK and most of Europe but very small numbers"

Comment

Small numbers of about 150,000.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        Small numbers of about 150,000.
                        FS: Halo Legendary edition helmet, still boxed, ?50 or near offer

Comment

More like "you pay more for **** you don't want edition".

Yay art cards!

Comment

Purchased Enslaved today. Demo was great after the first section so this should be sweet!

Comment

Bought a nice condition SCPH-50003 today, just because it was in nice condition..

Probably use HDLoader on it. Oh and Parappa the Rapper for £1.50 on PSP.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X