Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day more PSV stuff, just my 32GB card left now!

Comment

Monster Hunter stuff I've picked up lately (Tri G, Gigi & Airou hats, Tri G 3DS case and chibi Nargacuga.

An assortment of games and CDs I picked up in Tokyo last week. My IIDX soundtrack collection is finally complete.

I also picked up a new iPod touch so I can finally play all the Cave stuff and Jubeat.

Comment

Awesome haul Nisa! My friend bought me Pop'n Portable 2 in Japan from the Konamistyle store, but was 15 minutes too late to have got it signed by Des-ROW

Comment

I picked up the L.E.D. CD (which I've been after for a few years) in that store. It's pretty small but has some nice stuff in it. Had to convince myself not to buy the dodgy lollipop Lilith figure when I was in. Shame about missing out on the Des-Row signing. Thankfully Bemani seems to be surviving OK in Japanese arcades, IIDX is about the only game I've had to queue up for in the few arcades I've been to since moving here and the Jubeat, Pop'n and Reflec Beat cabinets are often pretty busy too.

Comment

Are you only buying the soundtracks for the console styles then or do you already have the Sirius / Resort Anthem ones?

Gonna try and break into the 10* difficulty this year.

After that Lilith figure too, I've got the dodgy Iroha one and the horrible Celica and Iroha MMS that Konami released. The dodgy Celica is awesome too. Would love that.

Comment

Ok, so I bought this HRAP the other week and KOF XIII on the same day to use it with, 12 days later and still no sign of the game. Not happy.

All the buttons have been swapped out for Sanwa ones now. To be honest, I could have lived with the Hori's, but what I couldn't live with was the red and yellow, they just made the stick look a bit crap. Had bought all these white ones for a hair brained scheme I had while I still had my cab, maybe the select and start would look a bit better with grey instead though. Don't get me wrong, as much as I used to dismiss the need for upgraded buttons, I do now admit they're vastly superior. I can't always be right........

Comment

You forgot to plug the L1 and L2!

Comment

Well, for one thing I didn't have any plugs, these were the only bits I already had. Secondly, I think it looks **** with button holes plugged, so I wouldn't have done it anyway.

Comment

I kept the full 8 buttons when I modded my stick, cause you can't use the character creator properly in soul calibur without them and it's a pain to have to swap to a pad.

Comment

I play Soul Calibur with a pad because I see no benefit of using a stick at all with it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Are you only buying the soundtracks for the console styles then or do you already have the Sirius / Resort Anthem ones?
                        Just realised I don't have a complete collection as I didn't know that the first IIDX and 2nd Style had CD releases also. I've never seen them in any store new or second hand so I'm guessing my chance of getting my hands on them from a store are zero. I'll have to scour ebay for them which I really can't be arsed doing. I have everything from 3rd Style to Resort Anthem and I'll be picking up Lincle which comes out in March I believe. As far as I'm aware they only ever released soundtracks for the arcade versions. CS tracks always got added to the soundtrack of whatever arcade style they appeared in.

edit
                        Seems you can get 1 & 2 from private sellers on Amazon.co.jp I guess I know what my next Amazon purchase is.
                        Last edited by Nisa; 05-01-2012, 13:12.

Comment

Comment

A few new buys today starting with Riot Act 2 or better known as Crackdown 2 in the west. It probably got it's name changed in Japan because of the late 80's Sega game of the same name. Also got a new MAME PC for connecting to the TV. Sony Vio with a 2.5GhHz CPU so that will do just fine for the stuff I want to play on it. And finally my new toy, a Maicomsoft XAV-2s RGB converter.

The XAV-2s RGB converter is a real geeks bit of kit. Even the instruction manual talks about different PCBs and Japanese computers and their RGB settings. The unit is made with the gamer in mind. While it doesn't up-scale the image it takes a pure RGB image and converts it VERY WELL in to ether S-Video or crappy composite. However, even the crappy composite looks better than a native console would.

Dip switches and H-Sync and position plus RGB settings for compatibility with pretty much everything out there including 15Khz arcade boards.

some pictures of it running on my Toshiba Regza LED screen (love those blacks!)

Street Fighter Zero 2 running on the Saturn through RGB to S-Video in 1080p.

Rolling Thunder 2 and Bare Knuckle 2 both on the Mega Drive via RGB to S-Video in 1080p

Yakumo
                            Last edited by Yakumo; 06-01-2012, 13:46.

Comment

Those blacks look too good to be true. Shame Toshiba keeps the good stuff for Japan.

Is there any reason you're using the S-video from the XAV-2s over D-terminal/VGA through your XRGB-3?

Comment

At ****ing last! Ordered this from "thegamecollection" weeks ago, still no sign of their copy so they finally refunded me yesterday. So, refund of ?28, walked in to Game this morning and it was ?19.98. Ok, not as good as the ?14.99 they had it up as recently, but I still feel i've scored. Now I can finally put that new HRAP in to some use........

Comment

Working...
                                X