• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
    A couple of late arrivals for me.

Mushi Futari+Pink Sweets OSTs:

DDP DOJ, Espgaluda and Ibara PCBs:

I had no idea there was a Futari OST out. Is it on Play Asia?

Quality PCB choices. DOJ's fan is worse than a 360 mind .

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
      I've been really concentrating on 1 system for the last month

still got some to arrive - will post them in the June thread
      christ almighty! that's some serious concentrating right there!

Comment

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...rbroon/jpn.jpg
        By the time the others have arrived, maybe some of those will have loaded .

Comment

Originally posted by nietzschedancing View Post
          I had no idea there was a Futari OST out. Is it on Play Asia?

Quality PCB choices. DOJ's fan is worse than a 360 mind .
          It's available for preorder at Play-asia for just $40, I paid a little more and got it from YHJ. Had I known PA would have it for a reasonable price I would have waited

I've removed the case from DOJ, so no fan noise for me

Comment

It's available for preorder at Play-asia for just $40, I paid a little more and got it from YHJ. Had I known PA would have it for a reasonable price I would have waited

I've removed the case from DOJ, so no fan noise for me
            . Cool. Was yours dirty inside? I saw that picture on shmups.com and dread what mine looks like inside .

Comment

There was no dust inside it, the seller must have opened and cleaned it beforehand

The Ibara PCB saves scores, the lowest score on it was over 11 million, which is slightly demoralising

Comment

There was no dust inside it, the seller must have opened and cleaned it beforehand

The Ibara PCB saves scores, the lowest score on it was over 11 million, which is slightly demoralising

. I might have to look inside soon. 11 mill?! My high is........2 mill. I'm very, very rubbish. Anyhoo, I got Namco X Capcom this month. I'm looking forward to tackling it.

Comment

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...rbroon/jpn.jpg
                  Nice Jason.

Don't know anything about the Neo CD. Were all the cart games re-released on cd? Was it meant to be the logical successor to the cart system? Was it released here?
                  Last edited by Pavey; 29-05-2007, 17:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey View Post
                    Nice Jason. Are they all US?

Don't know anything about the Neo CD. Were all the cart games re-released on cd? Was it meant to be the logical successor to the cart system? Was it released here?
                    the first link are all us games

it was more a sideways entry and to try and release a machine that could broaden the Neo Geo's appeal by offering the same games on CD, but at a fraction of the cost of the cartridges

it does have some expensive games but Metal slug for example is around £30 - £50, whereas on cartridge its still over $1000

there are some advantages - like arranged music on alot of the games and the cd player can be used as that, some of your favourite games can just be played as a soundtrack CD, it also has some games that never appeared on MVS/AES and even some games have extra features (Turfmasters has a Scottish course and its only about £30)

but more disadvantages, loading times can be difficult because the drive is 1x speed and some of the later games with huge meg counts had frames of animation removed so they would load quicker

and it was released in the UK as well

Sold all the stuff off about 3 years ago and the stuff i've bought back has been at a fraction of what i sold mine for, some games have remained constant price wise and some have gotten a little more expensive (fire suplex, Robo Army and burning fight)

The average price per game has been about £6 - £8

plus i bought 2 machines which came with 18 and 9 games respectively, so it was a nice start
                    Last edited by buster_broon; 29-05-2007, 17:36.

Comment

This months little haul..

Obsessed? me? Nooooo, not at all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
                        This months little haul..

Obsessed? me? Nooooo, not at all!!!
                        "Obsessed" is such an ugly word. "Devoted" is ever so much better.

How close are you to the full PS1 set now?

As for me, much less interesting - just a couple of new releases and catching up on some older ones I missed:

Comment

Originally posted by BaudAttitude View Post
                          "Obsessed" is such an ugly word. "Devoted" is ever so much better.

How close are you to the full PS1 set now?
                          Still nowhere near. I've only just started collecting the PS1 games and I have about 1/5 of them. The PS2 games, I'm about 1/6 of the way through. I guess the biggest problem is that I'm a right skinflint and finding the PS2 games second hand isn't easy. There are loads of the PS1 games on the bay and could probably get the full set for around ?250-300 inc shipping, but I like to take my time. I'll probably buy 15-20 PS1 games per month as it costs more to ship the damn things than the selling prices. Plus for the moment, I decided I'll only buy once I sell stuff, as I have other things that my money has to go on.

If I used Yahoo Auctions, I could probably get them all pretty quick, but I'm not to sure about using a service to get them for me.

Comment

I honestly don't think I'll be getting anything more this month. It's probably more than enough for next month too. Lies, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophet Hero View Post
                              I honestly don't think I'll be getting anything more this month. It's probably more than enough for next month too. Lies, obviously.

railfan

remember me if you want rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
                                If I used Yahoo Auctions, I could probably get them all pretty quick, but I'm not to sure about using a service to get them for me.
                                I use Shopping Mall Japan and they've been excellent
                                They can be a little slow to invoice, but they ship quickly, pack very well and their rates are competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X