No announcement yet.

EDGE 176 scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Mama's score isn't harsh, it's ridiculously generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
      Cooking Mama's score isn't harsh, it's ridiculously generous.
      I take it you didn't like it then, I thought it was well received

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
        Super Paper Mario (Wii): 7
        Prince of Persia Rival Swords (Wii): 4
        Mario Strikers Charged (Wii): 6
        Cooking Mama: Cook Off (Wii): 5
        Another killer month for the Wii I see.

Comment

Anything over 5 is better than adv. so Strikers and Paper are quite highly scored

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
            Another killer month for the Wii I see.
            Agreed. Thank christ for Wii Play, if not for this I would've gotten rid of my Wii a long time ago.

Comment

Page 17 has an advert for 'Edge Presents The Art of Videogames' Volume 1 - anybody got that?

Comment

So what didn't they like about SPM then? Not envelope-pushing, paradigm-breaking, the-future-in-your-living-room enough for them or something?

Comment

I flicked through Art of Videogames in Borders the other day. Not a must-have for me; I was hoping for a money-off voucher in this month's Edge.
                  Last edited by Prophet Hero; 10-05-2007, 13:00. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                    So what didn't they like about SPM then? Not envelope-pushing, paradigm-breaking, the-future-in-your-living-room enough for them or something?

I've only skimmed the review but it seems to be positive. However, in a boxout they stated a few things that are "plain bad" - mainly to do with the 3D elements.

Comment

Super Mario Strikers 1 was an awesome game, if the sequel is half as fun it's a must have (the original being my favourite offline multiplayer game of last generation) This one should be more of the same only with online, personally I can't wait.

Boom Boom Rocket score is them being tight as hell imo, but I'm guessing they review games on an as is merit, rather than take budget pricing etc into account. If compared with a £49.99 360 release, I could see the 5/10 for BBR, but when it's £7.00ish, I think 5/10 is incredibly harsh, but then isn't this the magazine that docked marks from GTA 3 because they actually had to PAY for their review copy as Rockstar wouldn't send them one. S'all about the games u see.

Comment

you know what.. i have been giving this some thought..

Im 30+ like a few here, and I suspect the peeps that work on edge are too.. I worked at future a few (15) years ago.. so I suspect all the peeps are older on edge, and this seems to be the magazine to work on..

I live in a world where i just buy all the consoles (can afford too) but they never seem to live up to my expectations any more, i mean the games.. I remember all the old classics, and how game play was better, but i think the problem was I was a lot younger then.

// boom boom was good.. but i got board of it quickly.. hence the score i guess. and its not a rythem game... its a press the button on the bar.. you don't get into a groove like other rythem games.

Im guessing edge suffer for this too, i think there scores are normally right, if not too high, but that prob because i think of the good old days (that weren't).. but thats just my age and outlook on life i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                          Paper Mario - 7
                          Cooking Mama - 5

A 2 point difference between one of the best games on the Wii, and a total turd. Well done Edge!
                          Both total turds.

One is abysmally bad (Mama) and another, while having SOME sense of humour, looks like an out-of-date Gamecube (oh wait.. it is an out-of-date gamecube game). I wonder if the Wii is gonna have any meaningful Made-For-Wii third party games that are not party games and / or lazy ports, anytime soon.....

Wii = 8 year old plastic; I'm glad Edge isn't jumping on the wagon

J.

Comment

Looking at Edge is pretty pointless.
                            Fixed, (^_^)

I rely on my own judgement to determine a **** game, games that mags have marked down as crap i have bought & really enjoyed so it really means nothing. The age of the printed games mag is dead, for the price of edge i can buy a vc game & i know which id rather have.

Comment

I like printed games mags, just not those that fill their reviews (it doesn't bother me so much with articles) with stupid, pretentious rubbish references to gaming as culture and cheesy metaphors. Where other mags would say "The graphics are the best we've seen on this console", Edge says "It's a gorgeous gift to its hardware's overlooked screen and an idyllic blast of Sega-branded fresh air".

Cutting out the bull is a skill. Hopefully I'll learn it one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Juha View Post
                                Both total turds.

One is abysmally bad (Mama) and another, while having SOME sense of humour, looks like an out-of-date Gamecube (oh wait.. it is an out-of-date gamecube game). I wonder if the Wii is gonna have any meaningful Made-For-Wii third party games that are not party games and / or lazy ports, anytime soon.....

Wii = 8 year old plastic; I'm glad Edge isn't jumping on the wagon

J.
                                You are so wrong on so many levels, but I'm not taking the bait.

Comment

Working...
                                X