No announcement yet.

Announced, Rumoured or Registered Future PSN Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Johnson's Chronicles coming April 19th, from Lexis Numerique.
    Trailer.

Comment

It has been mentioned previously but here's the newly released PSN trailer for Eufloria.

An early version of the game has been available for a while on PC so people here may well have already played that version, I have no idea what the hell is going on but it looks interesting enough.

It's another one of those award winning indie games that SOE seem to got into the habit of signing up.

Originally posted by Rudolf Kremers (Director, Omni Systems Ltd)
      The Team
      Our core team is actually just two people: Alex May (Programming) and myself (Design), with music and audio by Brian Grainger, aka Milieu, and with additional help from some lovely people: Mike Ttoouli, Alex Ashby and Dugan Jackson, who are helping us to put the finishing touches on the game.

It is an indie effort through and through, and we don?t even have a central office. Nonetheless we are perfectionists and are really trying to get some serious quality into the game.

Dyson to Eufloria
      Eufloria has a very interesting history. For one thing it used to be called Dyson, which led to many jokes and enquiries about vacuum cleaners, but the name actually comes from one of the game?s inspirations, which is the work of Freeman Dyson, a theoretical physicist. (More on that later, before you get bored)?

Anyway, Eufloria first saw life as a freeware entry into the TIGSource Procedural Game Competition, after which an expanded version became an IGF 2009 finalist, competing among other things for the festival?s grand prize and the Direct2Drive innovation award. Since then, the game has undergone extensive development which led to a new incarnation as ?Eufloria?, which saw a successful commercial release on various PC platforms, including Valve?s Steam network.

The Game
      Eufloria PSN isn?t really like other games. It has strategic gameplay, but no technology trees or complicated interface. It allows for exploration and expansion without being punished for small mistakes. It offers challenges that are fun, but in a style that can be described as ?ambient gameplay?. There is conquest but there are no space marines in sight at all. Instead, all of Eufloria?s gameplay is based on growing your strategic and colonising life forms on asteroids that you conquer throughout the game. That is right: you are basically playing a game of intergalactic guerrilla gardening. Oh, and you engage in massive battles against enemy plant life.

PSN version
      We always wanted to do more with the game though, and when we got chance to do a PSN version we jumped to the opportunity. We have made sure that it is full of new content and features. As a result it is not a straight port, but a re-boot of the game with new mechanics, better visuals, rebalanced pacing and levels, and loads of other improvements across the board, much of which is exclusive to the PSN version. It is Eufloria++ really

That Physicist
      So, Freeman Dyson. Well, he came up with concepts so cool and so gamey that I always thought they needed to be presented in game form. He thought up Dyson Trees, which are planted on asteroids and mine its resources to terraform it for human needs. He also thought up the ?Astro chicken? and the Dyson Sphere. Have a look and you will see that there are about a hundred more games that can be themed on his ideas. Anyway, that is one for our next PSN title I think.

Comment

Comment

When is Final Fantasy VI coming to EU?

Comment

Wanted Corp has just been announced with a summer release in the USA on both the PS3 and PC at $9:99.

I do like games like this but there isn't exactly a shortage of top down shooters on the PSN at the moment.

Comment

Sega have just announced some more oldies are on the way to the PSN & Virtual Console. No mention of an XBLA release yet but I'd imagine that will change at some point.
              Originally posted by Sega
              SEGA is proud to announce that the next edition of our Vintage Collection series is headed here in late 2011 and early 2012, to PlayStation Network and Nintendo Wii Virtual Console! This collection features favorites from the Wonder Boy series as well as some other gems from that era, including one of the first titles produced by legendary designer Yu Suzuki.

The biggest news of this bundle is that we are releasing a fully localized version of Wonder Boy in Monster World IV, which has never had a previous release in the West ? it has previously appeared only in Japan.

Here?s everything that?s on the way:
              • Monster World IV (Genesis/Mega Drive)
              • Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Arcade)
              • Revenge of Shinobi (Genesis/Mega Drive)
              • Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Master System)
              • Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis/Mega Drive)

We did our best to pick the highest quality version of each of these, which is why you?re seeing different platforms represented. The Master System version of Alex Kidd ? one of the original mascots of SEGA and something of a proto-Sonic ? is one of the best games to come out on that platform, and had a terrific combination of speed, wit, and surprisingly challenging platforming.

And again, it?s Monster World IV that?s the biggest news, since that?s actually a new entry to the West. It is the last entry in the series, and is notable in that it was one of the few games from the era to feature a female protagonist.

I?m also thrilled to see Super Hang-On in this collection: One of the first SEGA games I ever played was the version of Hang-On that was on the Master System, and this is a Yu Suzuki title. The original Hang-On was one of the first games developed by Yu Suzuki, and this was the natural progression of that breakthrough title.

These games are the reason I became a fan of SEGA and of video games in the first place. They?re wrapped up in what makes SEGA unique and built into this company?s history in the arcades and with home consoles ? I?m proud and excited to be able to talk about them here. Stay tuned for more news and information!

Comment

In their own list of "everything that's on the way", there is no mention of Super Hang-on. I guess it's not everything then..?

Comment

Working...
                X