No announcement yet.

Wipeout HD [PSN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipeout Pulse will offer features such as race customisation, photo mode, skin editor and custom soundtracks - check it out

The forthcoming Wipeout HD has a mixture of tracks from Pulse and Pure, with of course online racing.

Comment

Had a quick go on Wipeout HD today From my very brief play at the eGames expo today in Melbourne, it's pretty much everything I hoped it would be Looks to be solid 60fps (it was silky smooth) and the tracks, ships and everything else look gorgeous in HD and played as you'd expect a Wipeout game to. The only downside was that I couldn't hear the music.

Looking forward to this even more now.

Oh, and they also had Wipeout Pulse, which looked nice too, but I didn't have a play on that.

Comment

Thanks for the report James

The wipeoutHD webby is up now - http://www.wipeouthd.com/

...even though its not fully operational yet, you can see the main menu here...

featuring trailers, screenshots, game features, downloads and more"

Looks like its not far off

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          lolGame 3.0
          You will find that here

Comment

The futuristic racing videogame Wipeout HD, an exclusivity of the Playstation Network (PSN) from the Playstation 3 now has these new images. It offers 60fps and 1080p output. This downloadable title remakes some tracks from previous titles in the series rather than create some and adds high definition plus online functionnalities to the whole package. Its launch date is scheduled sometime in 2008.

Some new jaw dropping screens of this. I can't stop playing Pulse at the moment... I'm just so ridiculously excited about this game it's just not funny.

Comment

It looks like they've dirtied the graphics up a bit now. It looks really good but I did like the bright colours of the older screens too.

Comment

I chose that shot because I like the wet textures on the dark parts of the track. Check the other screens, there's plenty of clean bright ones too.

Comment

Had another look and thought they deserved posting here for people too:

It looks gorgeous and when you realise it's downloadable it just makes it seem even more impressive!!

Comment

Really does look much much better then i expected it to, PSN might not have as many games as XBL but the quality of most PSN game really is high.

Comment

The texture work in this game is of insane quality

Comment

Some more stunning screens here - http://www.worthplaying.com/article....thread&order=0

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post

That looks like a course set in heaven, those things that look like angel wings

Looking magnificent isn't it.

Comment

This is a PSN download? O_o

Comment

It seems amazing that it's all going to be running 1080p at 60fps at the speed those ships will move. Then I see the textures and I'm more impressed that it's a download only game.

I think it'll be big though and maybe about ?30. I'm hoping for a blu-ray announcement sometime with this one.

They have a nice list of the game features on that link too:
                              • Get ready to experience Wipeout? in full-HD 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second on PS3, exclusively available for download from the PlayStation Store. Greater processing power of PS3 enables more immersive visuals and sound effects in Wipeout HD, heightening the speed within the stunningly beautiful tracks and environments.
                              • Wipeout HD provides full support of the SIXAXIS wireless controller to give the player a variety of choices and depth of control unseen in any previous iteration of Wipeout.
                              • A selection of the best tracks taken from previous Wipeout titles, meticulously crafted and fully reworked from the ground-up to showcase the full-HD resolution. Tracks include the new Mag-Strips feature, which causes ships to be temporarily locked to the track surface, allowing greater variety and dynamism in track design and introducing track features such as loops, vertical drops and 90-degree angled sections.
                              • Wipeout HD features eight teams from Wipeout? Pulse, including: Feisar, Assegai, AG-Systems, Qirex, Piranha, Triakis, Goteki45 and EG-X.
                              • Wipeout HD features seven race modes, including: Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap, Zone Mode, Elimination and Head-2-Head.
                              • The Race Campaign feature contains many unique predefined race events to give an all new sense of progression for the player.
                              • Wipeout HD offers full customization of race rules, allowing the player to tailor their own race experience.
                              • Wipeout HD introduces Artificial Intelligence (AI) pack racing to keep players under pressure and on the edge of their seats.
                              • A refined weapons system includes three new weapons: The Repulser, Shuriken and Leach Beam.
                              • Wipeout HD offers three difficulty levels; adjustable independent of speed class.
                              • The Photo-mode feature allows players to be able to pause the game both during a race and the post race parade lap so that they can take a snapshot which they can then save to their PS3 HDD. These Photos can then be uploaded to the Wipeout HD website and traded between players.
                              • Up to eight players will be able to compete against each other in a range of online races, across several game modes:
                                • Single Race
                                • Tournament
                                • Elimination
                                • Team vs. Team (Two-player team based multiplayer races)
                              • Player Profile and Community Website ? Website TBA
                                • Each player will have an extensive game profile that charts their progress and records for all the usual record lap times for races and fastest laps as well as statistics concerning weapons use, ship selections, favorite modes and most played tracks.
                                • Players will be able to connect to the main Wipeout HD website from within the game and receive updates and information, such as records, stats and tips. In addition, players can upload their own profile, allowing the creation of a global statistics list for all to see.
                              • Extra game content will be made available to download and plug directly into the main game, including extra teams and ships, extra tracks and additional events for the race campaign mode.
                              • Wipeout HD features nine fully-licensed music tracks, remixed in 5.1.
                              EDIT:
                              Official WipEout Site.

Mmm free Wipeout wallpaper...
                              Last edited by JP; 05-01-2008, 11:42.

Comment

Wallspaper not in 1680 x 1050 resolution

Comment

Working...
                                X