Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipeout HD [PSN]

Stolen wholesale from that NG forum.

This interview with Sony Liverpool talks mainly about Wipeout Pulse (PSP sequel to Pure) but also discusses next year's PS3 game briefly and seems to hint heavily that a 'Wipeout HD' for Playstation Network announcement is imminent.

http://games.kikizo.com/features/wipeout_iv_p1.asp

I would be all over a proper HD update of the first game, though I'd prefer 2097. Hopefully we'll get some real details of the PS3 version soon - the first shots we see are going to look so good, I'm sure.

Comment

I want a new WipEout that I can play on a screen bigger than 4 inches.

Bring on WipEoutHD and PS3, hopefully HD will be some sort of megamix of the best levels from the older games.

Comment

I wonder if they will really do a HD version of Wipeout? Maybe it will depend on how well the download version of Wipeout is selling?

Comment

Bleeders you beeyatch!

Comment

A new Wipeout or a 16:9, high-res reworked 2097 and I'm so picking a PS3 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
              A new Wipeout or a 16:9, high-res reworked 2097 and I'm so picking a PS3 this year.
              Lol!!!

It would be nice to see some sort of Wipeout greatest hits version in HD, with all the tracks, ships and music.

I wonder what it would do with the new version though? I can't imagine that they'd want to release 2 versions of Wipeout close together really.

Comment

Always said, Evolution. It only takes one big game that I'm a huge fan of any console and I'll be there.

Comment

Well it was Super Mario 64 that sold me an N64. Thinking about it, it was Super Mario galaxy that sold me a Wii too!!

As much as I do love Wipeout, it's not a system seller for me but I can understand 100% what you're saying.

Comment

My guess is this will simply be a HD conversion of one of the PSP Wipeouts. There was an interview a while back where one of them (who, I can't remember) talked about the possibility of a HD conversion of PSP's Fusion. Now Fusion was a PS2 game so I'm guessing they meant one of the PSP titles. A few PSP titles have made it to PS3 so it would make sense - the system is in place.

Comment

Yep, rumour has it WipEout HD is WipEout Pure in 1080p and will be on PSN in September.

Comment

So probably Pure along with the tracks from Pulse (Some of them, at least). All in HD and with online multiplayer. Should make an excellent test bed for the original PS3 version that's due next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
                          It only takes one big game that I'm a huge fan of any console and I'll be there.
                          My sentiments exactly
                          ........especially with Wipeout

Multiplayer Pure was fantastic when it worked - I have great hopes for a HD version They should have sorted this for PS3 launch and they might actually have sold some consoles

Comment

Wipeout HD has been spotted at E3 apparently.

Hopefully news should come soon.

Comment

Nice one!

Im going to tryand watch as much as possible of E3 tomoz - this is top of my list

I recently got a hold of the pulse promo - its fantastic. If we get a HD version of that its gonna be awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X