No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are definitely some legitimate copies out there, no question. It's just nowhere near enough of a number to cause any major concern as far as I can tell.

Comment

From what I gather, those are all crazy Czechs!

Its like the Ps3 slim that popped up, just in Manila of all places. Thing turned out to be extremely true

Comment

It has been just Czech people and they seem to know each other too.

I don't think a game or a few games getting out a couple of weeks early makes any difference to be honest, if anything it's probably something that Sony will benefit from as the seems to be on all the major gaming sites without Sony actually doing anything.

Comment

SCEE discs are printed in Austria apparently (Or at least some of them) which lends some weight to that.

Joystiq now comparing the launch to that of the Saturn...

Comment

My guess is that they want the Black Ops storm to lay down first. I'm really beginning to think that game is the sole reason of GT5's delay. Thinking about it, Nov 2 was far too close to a behemoth like BO.

I can't imagine Sony wanting to miss black friday and/or Xmas sales (and jeopardize LBP2's attention when were at it, too). Seeing how finished copies roam around this might as well be released within this very month. Sony was kind of confident with their 'before X-mas' stance after all. And that mostly means before Dec 7 or so. This is their only big holiday release they have left...

EDIT: what was wrong with the Saturn launch, bar the wicked mid-summer July 1995 release in Europe? I liked that launch, had holiday from school etc...
            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 08-11-2010, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
              EDIT: what was wrong with the Saturn launch, bar the wicked mid-summer July 1995 release in Europe? I liked that launch, had holiday from school etc...
              they mean its going to be a 'surprise' "Now on sale" thing.
              hope so.

Comment

Hmm? Was not like that in europe i'm sure.

In case of GT, it will certainly be like that. Before Xmas means 4 weeks from this very day, no more really. That on itself is already an incredibly short time frame for such a release.

Comment

Comment

There's an early video of the track list from the practice mode.

There are new tracks as well as some of the previously seen tracks missing which suggests they will be unlocked as you play much like they have been in previous games.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                      As mentioned, they compare it to the launch in that it might just come out without announcement - then go on to comment on how well that turned out.

Comment

The starting video, seven minutes long and it looks and sounds like it's directed by Ron Fricke.

Comment

I'm pretty bored of all the videos & photos now but couldn't resist this one.

Comment

If all these vehicles included passengers, how many people in total will be involved in the race?

I'd be in the green one dancing slowly from side to side to that tune.

Comment

Sony rep in today. Says the game is in transit to Europe for release last week Nov / first week Dec.

Claims that the reason for delay is that the sleeves didn't have the Move branding.

Dunno if I believe any of that.

Comment

There's no MOVE branding as the game doesn't support any MOVE features and the final cover still doesn't carry any MOVE branding. Unless he meant the standard Enhanced With PlayStation Eye label?

Comment

Working...
                                X