Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlittley View Post
    Kinda reminds me of PES vs Fifa. If you could combine the gameplay of one, and graphics/presentation of the other, we'd be in heaven.
    so true and just like those two I cant understand why someone would prefer the nicer looking option. I like my racing games to be first and foremost good racers. I've always found GT to be incredibly dull. Anyway lets get back to getting moist over a non gameplay video... awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
      Originally posted by Mofoman
      As for the prologue title, I am against a comapny charging money for what is no more than a technical demo based on an incomplete game.
      It will be a free download just like the GT:HD demo is.
      Is that confirmed, please?

Stroller.

Comment

I'll be extremely surprised if prologue is a *free download*

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
          I'll be extremely surprised if prologue is a *free download*
          I'm not sure, but I thought I heard Pharrison say that it was during the E3 conference. I was a bit shocked to hear. Would love comfirmation, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Oh dear , I never one said Turn 10 make a bad game or try and make out that PD make a better racer , or than Forza II is a bad game . I mean Toca world Tour onthe PS is more of a sime than the 1st 3 GT games could ever hope to be
            I'm just saying PD model a car far better thats all . Look at the 1st Forza and GT 4 both in development for around the same time like 3 years , and Forza shiped with less cars and less tracks and the car models didn't look anywhere near those of GT4 .Turn 10 just can't model a car , and the likes of CodeMasters , SEGA, PD just do a far better job of it .

If I wrong then fair enough, but I bet that GT5 will have way more cars and tracks than Forza II . Its' a talent to model a car , and Turn 10 haven't got that talent , but they still make one hell of a good racer
            I would have thought modelling a car would take time, but wouldn't really be too difficult, if you're a professional.

The thing with the GT series is that it's Japanese, and on the whole, Japanese devs have always put more imagination and flair into their racing games. It's part of Japanese game culture to make games that aren't sterile and cold. Japanese devs usually like to put some imagination into things, and it usually works and benefits the games.

The simple fact is that some people obviously want simulations that try to represent reality, nothing more. They don't want made-up tracks, artistic flair etc... Just down-to-earth realism.

Most of the people I've played online with Forza2, like MapleValley the most though. I think that track is a nod to GranTurismo, with it's nice setting, and lighting etc... I think it's a good looking, fun track.

I like devs to put some ambient lighting, nice graphical features, and imagination into their racing games. Even real-life race tracks can benefit from some graphical flair that enhances the mood and look of the race.

Weather effects are definitely the next big thing in racers, and something the current technology should be able to represent and deal with quite well.

I have a strong feeling that GT5 will be totally stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
              I'm not sure, but I thought I heard Pharrison say that it was during the E3 conference. I was a bit shocked to hear. Would love comfirmation, mind.
              The word 'thought' doesn't fill me with confidence, nor does the name 'Phil Harrison'

Comment

It's not free, I think it's a disc based release.

Comment

Originally posted by dcmk View Post
                  i struggle where you get this information from all your post was specualtion. your a developer then ? and you can tell/predict that the graphics that we are seeing most probably can't be bettered. How old is the PS3 hardware?
                  Not a developer, a computer engineed, and therefore I know exactly how the RSX works as a graphics card.
                  It is a really great graphics card, this I do not deny but because it uses a non unified architecture as do all cards based on the Nvidia 7000 series, it has alot of bottlenecks.

Now whether or not the 360 card can produce better visuals or not, is something I leave to the coders at Microsoft and Ati for their men to deliver the tools to do so, but since it uses a better architecture, the scope for doing more with the visulas is certainly there.

So to answer your question, No I am not a developer, but I have a deep understanding of how the graphics cards differ and what there capabilities should be and some of the shots released do far are simply not possible to do on the ps3 in real time with so many cars on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                    The word 'thought' doesn't fill me with confidence, nor does the name 'Phil Harrison'
                    Yeah, did state I wasn't sure. Just hoped someone could confirm that it was all in a dream I had.

Comment

Originally posted by Mofoman View Post
                      If they had the time that PD had, Forza 2 could have easily pumped out those graphics but the fact is you have a complete game now, that you can enjoy and play online with all your friends and foes.
                      It's just a shame they already had a complete game in Forza and then chose to pump out Forza 1.5

Comment

Going with what people have been saying on here I agree on the fact GT has that Japanese visual flare that Forza 2 is sorely missing.

Forza 2 is a superb game, and I love the physics engine but it is visually bland, and I don't mean that from a technical point fo view. Technically i think its a lot better than people give it credit for, but it all looks very 'clinical'.

I think one of the problems with Forza that put a lot people of is the demo they released was pretty rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mofoman View Post

Now whether or not the 360 card can produce better visuals or not, is something I leave to the coders at Microsoft and Ati for their men to deliver the tools to do so, but since it uses a better architecture, the scope for doing more with the visulas is certainly there.
                          Xenos has bags more fill rate in real world performance than RSX , which can make a big difference in certain types of games. (particularly in FPSs where you have many layers of large, simple, overlapping geometry)

Comment

The video looks like every CGi intro to GT ever made - the clue is the camera spinning round the car before the "footage".

Where can I get my hands on some of this **** you're all smoking ? Can somebody confirm that it has been confirmed that is 100% in-game realtime rendered footage ?

Comment

Yeah, the Japanese have pixie dust when producing ANYTHING...

I'm sure if Forza 2 had had unlimited development time that it could have had "better" "prettier" visuals, but would it have improved the product at all? I know that when I'm hurtling around Nissan Speedway trying to avoid Paulos G sideswiping me I'm not bemoaning the lack of trees or beatiful sunsets...

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                                Where can I get my hands on some of this **** you're all smoking ? Can somebody confirm that it has been confirmed that is 100% in-game realtime rendered footage ?
                                Wasn't someone actually controlling it using the sixaxis on the Sony stage?

Looks absolutely gorgeous. Won't make a jot of difference to my enjoyment of the game mind. People say Forza looks dull, God the structure of the previous GT games is dull personified. Thank the Lord this is finally getting online racing.

Comment

Working...
                                X