No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does support it but they've given no details of how yet!
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue does sport unspecified interactivity with PlayStation Home, a feature we hope to learn more about at Tokyo Game Show.

Comment

It will probably be something medial like being able to have one of your Gran Turismo cars parked in your virtual home's garage on HOME.

Comment

Things like photo/video sharing as well I would have thought?

It would be quite nice to be able to look out from your balcony and see all your cars parked in the grounds.

Maybe there will be some way of borrowing your friends and taking them out to a test drive too. Then being able to use their setups if you like them. Possibly being able to use your HOME avatar and customise their clothes to the racing gear so you can use as them your driver in GT5.

It's fairly safe to say that there will be some sort of trophy room for the GT stuff that you win.

Comment

I personally cannot believe how thyis thread is going, Forza 2's graphics are amazing, and although they are not as good as the current stuff GT5 is showing, the game was made in a much quicker timeframe and you are getting to play the full version a full year before a possible GT5 release.

If they had the time that PD had, Forza 2 could have easily pumped out those graphics but the fact is you have a complete game now, that you can enjoy and play online with all your friends and foes.

I know which I would rather have.

GT5 had better be good, as Forza three will be hot on it's heels about a year later, and they will be building on the already excellent tools they have, and you can bet the graphics will be better than GT5 due to having a GPU with a unified architecture.

I am not knocking GT5, it looks great, but for now, we have an amzing looking product on the market in f2, and by the time GT5 hits, F3 media will be hitting the net and magazines, and will more than likely have a launch window date for the game.

As for the prologue title, I am against a comapny charging money for what is no more than a technical demo based on an incomplete game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mofoman View Post

GT5 had better be good, as Forza three will be hot on it's heels about a year later, and they will be building on the already excellent tools they have, and you can bet the graphics will be better than GT5 due to having a GPU with a unified architecture.
            Having a great GPU is only part of the battle, you also need outstanding 3D artists and a good artistic eye. That is the biggest problem the Forza team has - they simply are not as strong artistically as Polyphony are.

Comment

I suppose it would be cool if you were able to walk to the racetrack in Home and watch online races from the stands.

Comment

I personally cannot believe how thyis thread is going, Forza 2's graphics are amazing, and although they are not as good as the current stuff GT5 is showing, the game was made in a much quicker timeframe and you are getting to play the full version a full year before a possible GT5 release.

If they had the time that PD had, Forza 2 could have easily pumped out those graphics but the fact is you have a complete game now, that you can enjoy and play online with all your friends and foes.

I know which I would rather have.
                The car Models in Forza II are poor imo , and you can go on about PD having a year extra , but inthe thier games they have way more tracks and Car to model . Forza II track line up is very weak , I doubt PD GT5 will have such issue's . Plus add in that GT 5 with have weather effects and In car cockpit and I think its folish to make out that Turn 10 could have put out Forza II on time with all that in game, hell that had to take out tracks to make sure they hit the last date.

No matter which way people spin it, Nobody can model a car quite like PD can . Its just a shame PD can't get the pyshics or AI right

Comment

As for the prologue title, I am against a comapny charging money for what is no more than a technical demo based on an incomplete game.

It will be a free download just like the GT:HD demo is.

Personally speaking, the cars look far and away the finest graphical feat I have seen for quite some time although the track detail (at the moment) is reasonably average but those city-scape moments we saw in the E3 trailer (London for one) are excellent, just as good as PGR3.

Still, it is early days so who knows, the gameplay may get an overhaul in terms of AI, handling, tuning and so forth so lets wait and see.

Comment

Most race circuits are pretty bland around the track though so there is not much you can with them, unless you focus on the sky and lighting like in F355 Challenge.

The city tracks and ones designed by Polyphony themselves will look a lot nicer scenary wise.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                      Most race circuits are pretty bland around the track though so there is not much you can with them, unless you focus on the sky and lighting like in F355 Challenge.

The city tracks and ones designed by Polyphony themselves will look a lot nicer scenary wise.
                      You can do a lot through lighting, atmospherics, and skies.

Plus you can balance the real world tracks with some more fantastical fictional ones. The Forza guys should take a look at what SEGA do with racing games, stick some waterfalls in there, then some bridges, lakes, fields of flowers and rock arches.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        The car Models in Forza II are poor imo , and you can go on about PD having a year extra , but inthe thier games they have way more tracks and Car to model . Forza II track line up is very weak , I doubt PD GT5 will have such issue's . Plus add in that GT 5 with have weather effects and In car cockpit and I think its folish to make out that Turn 10 could have put out Forza II on time with all that in game, hell that had to take out tracks to make sure they hit the last date.

No matter which way people spin it, Nobody can model a car quite like PD can . Its just a shame PD can't get the pyshics or AI right
                        And how exactly do you know this?? If they had that sort of time, they could easily have implemented all the things you are talking about, and you are talking as though Forza 2 is a bad game, both graphically and content wise, and that is simply not the case.

You are not a clairvoyant, or member of MGS, or T10, and neither am I, so we are both just making opinions, but in my opinion, if you had given a developer who made a game of the quality of F2 an extra year of development time, they could have certainly matched GT5's car models, and track content.

Also let's wait and see how well GT5 looks when in actual motion and how the game plays before deciding it has bettered the effort of Forza 2.

So what, if it's cars look better, they damn well should, they have no damage physics to worry about and also have had way too much time to produce the car models.

I find it absolutely astounding that you think that a developer couldn't rival these models if given an extra twelve months to work on them. I mean T10 are not Barbers , they are proffesional developers who have produced one of the greatest driving games of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                          Having a great GPU is only part of the battle, you also need outstanding 3D artists and a good artistic eye. That is the biggest problem the Forza team has - they simply are not as strong artistically as Polyphony are.
                          I totally agree with you KN, but having the unified GPU will make a big difference in Forza 3 when they try to be more outlandish with the car models and trackside detail, car damage, reflection effects, shadows etc..

What I am saying is that they will have far more flexibility when it comes to refining their engine as better dev tools come along, whereas PD will struggle with the antiquated nature of the RSX, in fact I could bet you that they will have gone as far as things can go graphics wise with their current game engine.

I would also hinge money on the fact that GT5 will look nowhere near as good as these current videos arr showing when the game is in motion racing. Maybe in replay's yes, but not in race. The game will be beautiful but not look that good. The RSX would struggle to do those graphics at 60fps.

Comment

I find it absolutely astounding that you think that a developer couldn't rival these models if given an extra twelve months to work on them. I mean T10 are not Barbers , they are proffesional developers who have produced one of the greatest driving games of all time.

Oh dear , I never one said Turn 10 make a bad game or try and make out that PD make a better racer , or than Forza II is a bad game . I mean Toca world Tour onthe PS is more of a sime than the 1st 3 GT games could ever hope to be
                            I'm just saying PD model a car far better thats all . Look at the 1st Forza and GT 4 both in development for around the same time like 3 years , and Forza shiped with less cars and less tracks and the car models didn't look anywhere near those of GT4 .Turn 10 just can't model a car , and the likes of CodeMasters , SEGA, PD just do a far better job of it .

If I wrong then fair enough, but I bet that GT5 will have way more cars and tracks than Forza II . Its' a talent to model a car , and Turn 10 haven't got that talent , but they still make one hell of a good racer

Comment

I totally agree with you KN, but having the unified GPU will make a big difference in Forza 3 when they try to be more outlandish with the car models and trackside detail, car damage, reflection effects, shadows etc..

What I am saying is that they will have far more flexibility when it comes to refining their engine as better dev tools come along, whereas PD will struggle with the antiquated nature of the RSX, in fact I could bet you that they will have gone as far as things can go graphics wise with their current game engine.

I would also hinge money on the fact that GT5 will look nowhere near as good as these current videos arr showing when the game is in motion racing. Maybe in replay's yes, but not in race. The game will be beautiful but not look that good. The RSX would struggle to do those graphics at 60fps.
                              i struggle where you get this information from all your post was specualtion. your a developer then ? and you can tell/predict that the graphics that we are seeing most probably can't be bettered. How old is the PS3 hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                                Still, it is early days so who knows, the gameplay may get an overhaul in terms of AI, handling, tuning and so forth so lets wait and see.
                                Kinda reminds me of PES vs Fifa. If you could combine the gameplay of one, and graphics/presentation of the other, we'd be in heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X