No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game control features "Normal Mode" based on simulation engine and "Professional Mode" based on actual car behavior and physics.
    That'll be interesting. Interesting if they actually have a car I've driven like in Forza; easier to blow the game apart then, justified in forum flamebait. Can't argue with, "I own this car"
    Last edited by Commander Marklar; 26-07-2007, 08:07.

Comment

I don't get it. I thought the aim of a simulation was to replicate actual car physics. Although is this just a dodgy bablefish translation?

Comment

Easy vs. Hard

Comment

It's too good to be a babelfish translation - so must be true.

Comment

They have had a similar thing for a while - you can use simulation tyres to give more realism in GT4. GT games are simulations but they are also games - they balance the realism to fun. But they used to have an arcade mode and sim mode in earlier ones too - I don't think this is new.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar View Post
              It's just a shame they already had a complete game in GT4 and then chose to pump out GT4HD, GT5 Prologue and GT5
              Indeed.

Comment

Tracks for Prologue based off of new screens:

Brands Hatch
                Suzuka
                Daytona Beach
                Monterey

Comment

Screenies-a-go-go

See them and more here
                  Last edited by hudson; 27-07-2007, 10:56.

Comment

Nice sprinkling of 3D grass there - good to see.

Oh and the rest of it looks fab!

edit: I may HAVE to buy a wheel for this game.
                    Last edited by ChrisF; 27-07-2007, 10:54.

Comment

Oh La La!

Gorgeous as ever.

Comment

they look really nice, especially the in car view. I have noticed they are using a lot of shaders in this. There is hardly a texture in sight.

Comment

Just noticed a few things in those shots...

- 16 cars in the races! wahoo!
                          - The weather... What gives there? We in for some real-time weather action, or even in-game weather? Not seen any shots of the game that have anything other than sunny weather up until now...

Comment

Looks as good as ever. Holy load of cars as well. The in view perspective of driving the car really does look sweet. Hope they invest more time in 3D Grass. Can't stand dem old green textures now. I wonder if you can get varities of 3D Grass

Comment

Great find Hoolak! The graphics look brill, especially the in car view, just look at the speedo clock, perfectly round and that’s where you normally see flaws in terms of graphics when you look in that view.
                              Last edited by MarioMark; 27-07-2007, 11:46.

Comment

Looking superb.

They really do have menu screens down to a tee as well, they all just look so classy.

Comment

Working...
                                X