Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
    It's confirmed by Sony as 180p and 60fps and backed up by the playable demos.
    Freud is calling

Comment

It's confirmed by Sony as 180p and 60fps
      That'll be why it is 60FPS then
      Well that is good to hear, shouldn't be too much hassle for them, GT HD looked easily as good as some other next gen racers and that was just a PS2 game with the res pumped up! They could easily just Stick 5 on the end of that, add some more cars and release it as a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        That'll be why it is 60FPS then
        Lol

Yoshimax...I suggest that you look up what a Freudian slip actually is as it's certainly not my wish for it to be 180p!

Comment

OT people before I get told off !!!
          Last edited by Yoshimax; 28-07-2007, 01:03. Reason: setup the next one

Comment

Yoshimax...I suggest that you look up what a Freudian slip actually is as it's certainly not my wish for it to be 180p!
            Don't condescend me please.

If you have a think about it posting "180p" when you mean "1080p" indicates a conscious "self doubt" - It's like telling someone you have a whopper when you only have an icky-wicky weiner.

Do you see now why it's freudian or need I elaborate more ?

Comment

That being a Freudian slip would dictate that it was something "I" secretly desired or believed "I" would be achieving but wanted to try and hide but due to what Freud called fehlleistung, I had inadvertently revealed those hidden desires or wishes due to an error in my speech and/or writing.

"I" have no desire for that, or any game to be running in 180p and "I" have no control over the the resolution that the game will be in...therefore, it's not a Freudian slip, it's something that Freud termed as "fingers of fatness" which seems to be a fairly common illness for people when using a keyboard.

Back to the subject of GT5: Prolgue...
              Last edited by JP; 28-07-2007, 05:55. Reason: Added back to subject hint...

Comment

Both of you stop it before I learn something. You wouldn't want that to happen, trust me.

Back on topic of boring racing sim 7,358 please.

Comment

I know that real-time weather has been confirmed for GT5 but you'll also have access to live weather reports. I'm wondering if that means the real-time weather will be worked out from the weather reports as you are racing?

I suppose that could also apply to the time of day also as that is done in real-time in GT5.

When they organise online competitions and if you entered one based internationally you'd have to put up with that countries unsociable time zone.

Hopefully that won't be in all the racing modes though as most of us here will only get to race at night in Austalia.

I don't know if any of this will happen but I do like the sound of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                    The reason why Forza2 was a summer release? ... Gran Turismo 5
                    No - this is the reason :

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                      People who really want Forza2, and keep it, would buy the game at xmas anyway. I don't think the people Forza2 is aimed at would choose PGR4 instead.

I can imagine lots of 360 owners have bought Forza2, only to find it to be very dull. It's a tough game, with little artificial thrills.

When it comes to racing games, my eye is mainly focused on GT5 now. You have the promise of amazing graphics, and the concrete fact that it will run at 60fps. I can't see the game being a let-down. It's gonna rock!

Comment

I can imagine lots of 360 owners have bought Forza2, only to find it to be very dull. It's a tough game, with little artificial thrills.
                        Why would GT5 be any different to the equivelant PS3 owners then?

Comment

360 owner here who also loves GT, I cantell you I found Forza 2 to be one of my gaming gems of the year so far. Never played the first, finding this version very addictive and very rewarding. Could of done with a few more tracks, mind.

Comment

When it comes to racing games, my eye is mainly focused on GT5 now. You have the promise of amazing graphics, and the concrete fact that it will run at 60fps. I can't see the game being a let-down. It's gonna rock!
                            Well, the netcode could be ****e, the handling could be the same as previous games and the AI might be the same dodgy AI that GT games have had for years.
                            Last edited by Silvergun X; 01-08-2007, 19:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                              Well, the netcode could be ****e, the handling could be the same as previous games and the AI might be the same dodgy AI that GT games have had for years. But yeah, teh GwaFIx. Wooooo!
                              I dunno about dodgy handling weird it supposedly a 'driving simulator' or some tag like that. not sure if still use that actually.

But the team did pride itself on graphics and cars handling responding just as they would in real life.
                              Last edited by Silvergun X; 01-08-2007, 19:52.

Comment

Just had to edit a couple of posts - Not having a go at anyone, but just asking if people could resist the urge to post little bashing comments, no matter how trivial.

Comment

Working...
                                X