No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've been quite clear that the delay in the Japanese version had nothing to do with 3D implementation and it had been seen running in 3D in private long before the delay was announced in March.

Of course, there's been no mention as to what caused that one delay to the game but the facts around the announcement don't really support that it was down to 3D. The other story that seemed to be thrown around in January when the launch was moved from the final day of the fiscal year (31st March) to that pre Christmas rush period was due to MOVE implementation.

They've not announced what MOVE compatibility the game will have by Yamauchi said ages ago that he could only see it being useful for navigating menus. I've also thought that it could I suppose by useful for the two photo-modes that are in the game where you could perhaps take direct control of the camera or possibly a light but that's just a guess.

I could of course be down to 3D and MOVE support and we may never know why it was changed from March in Japan but I think it makes more sense that as it's their 2nd biggest selling franchise (Over 56 million, Ape Escape is the highest according to Wikipedia at 59 million) that they want to sell it at the time people buy the most consoles.

When it comes to 3D I'm still not convinced that it will add much to any game but I've not tried it yet and this game seems to be one that splits people as to whether it improves it or not. The main thing is that it's going to be optional for people who have compatible TVs.

Was it the Eurogamer demo that you tried? If it was that one, people seem to be suggesting that it's actually an older build from around E3 and a few things have apparently changed in demoes seen in other places.

Comment

3D is superb, just not in GT5...imho anyway.

Trouble is, as amazing as it is, I can't watch 3D for very long without my eyes/head hurting.

Yeah the Eurogamer demos, most of them were E3 builds, which was disappointing.

It was funny though seeing someone from the BBC being filmed next to us, doing a running commentary with the 3D glasses on, but playing from behing the car. Honestly, what is the point of that!

Comment

Yeah, I played this too and of all the 3D games they had there, this was by far the worst- it was practically indistinguishable from the regular version. Motorstorm 3D was quite impressive, but overall I wasn't blwn away by the whole 3D thing.

The time limit on the GT5 demo sucked too.

Comment

This a video from TGS which is the first showing of cars rolling over, it happens a couple of times in this video.

The choice of a Fiat 500 obviously contributed somewhat to it happening and there does appear to be some sort of enforced self righting mechanism which will hopefully be able to be deactivated in the game.

16 Fiat 500's online could end up being a right laugh on the right tracks!

Comment

Ugh! That vid looks aweful. I hope you can turn the roll off. There is no way a Fiat 500 going at 85KPH would roll at the flick of a wrist like it did on that vid.

Comment

Top gear track with Robins!

Comment

The 70's Fiat 500f were known for the amount of roll in the chassis due to the high centre of gravity and very low weight, those factors combines with racing spec tyres as she used in the game made for some very interesting races.

If you rock a car with those characteristics as she did the chances are it is going to roll.

I think the only other time that a roll over has been shown in game was due to a bug in an early demo and although it was really out of place when it happened the actual crash itself looked promising.

Comment

Why do people always think it's a good idea to dub their videos with loud, ****ty soundtracks?

Comment

Yes, its annoying, as well as the 5minute long intro video arse.

Comment

That video is ripe for a dodgy edit with Zidane doing a head butt or something similar. It's like the car's being rammed by an invisible, supernatural force!

Comment

It's like it's GP Legends. Perhaps GT5 is the new best driving game ever? If you can get stuck on lamposts and then fire into space, and then hit the ceiling of the game and smash around the universe at 3000mph, I'll buy a PS3 and this.

Comment

Although it doesn't really show anything different this is a clearer video than others with similar content. Taken from GT Planet as always.

Comment

wow, the rain splashing on the windscreen and the floating on it looks incredible realistic. such details are really part of what i am expecting from GT5 and it seems it shapes up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                              Although it doesn't really show anything different this is a clearer video than others with similar content. Taken from GT Planet as always.
                              looks great, but i can still spot a bit of bumper car action going on and AI that is left for dust.....

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                                I don't ever want to meet that prick online.

Comment

Working...
                                X