Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A return to the bad old days

Comment

Isnt Europe the largest region? I`m sure its just a case of communication and last to know etc. I`ll remain hopeful.

Comment

According to Sony no region releases have been announced yet, hopefully later in the day though.

EDIT:
        Why is this site adding a links to the word Sony? Probably for the same reason all links now go via a 3rd party site?

EDIT 2:
        Ah, just noticed it Skimlinks the threads now.
        Last edited by JP; 06-11-2010, 12:15.

Comment

John I know you love your G27 mate, but isn't this just a tad extreme?

Comment

It would make sense if we got the shaft yet again. Europe is the biggest GT continent, but we're also dealing with translations etc. With this small timeframe and 7m copies... I hold it for possible.

It would make sense as this was the case with old GT's, and more recently the PS3 console itself. Didn't stop Europe for being Sony's biggest market. Yet I feel Sony still doesn't take us seriously. The PSN cards, for example. While Europe is pretty much anti-credit card all along. Sony's market research is baffling.

Its still an epic flop if you can't manage a worldwide release for what is like your biggest franchise out there, but hey, its Sony.
            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 07-11-2010, 00:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post
              Lol that is quality.

@ Saturn gamer - come on chap keep the happy thoughts.......... They wouldnt dare screw us on this one...... I hope

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post
                This is amazing !!!

Comment

There is hope for our continent:

555,000 Copies of GT5 for France, New Launch Party Date
                  Gran Turismo 5 November 6th, 2010 by Jordan

I don?t have any specific updates about the GT5 disc revealed yesterday, but that hasn?t stopped quite a few interesting tidbits from bubbling up around the world. First up, word from ?distribution sources? indicate more than half a million copies of Gran Turismo 5 are headed to France. More specifically, there will be 450,000 standard copies, 100,000 Collector?s Editions, and 5,000 Signature Editions available in the country. (Amazon.fr is still taking SE reservations, so hop on that if you?re interested.)

Also, GT5?s big Madrid launch party has a new date of November 24th/25th. As you may recall, the launch party was first scheduled for October 26th/27th. Considering the party was to be held exactly one week before the game?s intended worldwide launch, a release during the week of November 29th ? December 3rd is beginning to look extremely likely. This release window aligns perfectly with what I?ve been told before and Sony?s own retail outlet, SonyStyle, who lists a launch date ?on or around? November 30th for the game. Regardless, it?s becoming clear we don?t have much longer to wait.

Thanks to all who sent these stories in!
                  If this is true, aren't we just being screwed over? I mean, in this case several retailers must already know when they can put this game on sale.

Just one big fat hypetrain.

Comment

Real or fake?

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                      "Exciting 16 player online races." Seems like a strange thing to write in a big ugly blurb on the cover. Apart from that, it could very well be real.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                        According to Sony no region releases have been announced yet, hopefully later in the day though.

EDIT:
                        Why is this site adding a links to the word Sony? Probably for the same reason all links now go via a 3rd party site?

EDIT 2:
                        Ah, just noticed it Skimlinks the threads now.
                        Yeah, sorry about that. The skimwords option got turned on without me asking somehow. I turned it off as soon as I noticed.

Comment

Nothing to say sorry about Charles, I'm just easily confused.

Videos on the way.

Comment

That looks fake to me.

Not sure about the cover, although its fishy as it looks like a typical US back cover with just one language.

Comment

This whole things is one huge marketing campaign in my opinion, designed to get hype levels to overdrive in time for xmas. IT'S WORKING! I am super stoked for this!

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                                That looks fake to me.

Not sure about the cover, although its fishy as it looks like a typical US back cover with just one language.
                                I don't think it's genuine to be honest, admittedly the front cover is exactly the same as the one Sony are listing for the game but the writing on the back hardly looks like it was written professionally and all the images on there have previously been released by Sony as official screen shots.

Then there's the bloke who first posted the stuff...

It reminds me of the interviews that wrestlers give.

Also, I don't think it really matters. Review copies are out and some shops in Europe already have stock so it doesn't really affect anything whether somebody has got hold of a copy or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X