Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
    In related news, I saw a 60 plate SLS AMG today. It was next to a Ferrari (Don't know the model, I think it was a limited edition 430) and it made the Ferrari look rather poorly in comparison.
    Modern Ferraris have all been rather bland compared to classics such as the GTO and Dino.

Despite the allure and pedigree of the F40, it's around that time frame where Ferrari road cars all mixed together and lost their classic design. There's no doubt that the 360, Enzo and the 458 are all great cars, but their design leaves something to be desired. It's down to the aerodynamics and the set up of the car, but examples such as the AMG SLS and DBS9 show that you can mix classic looks with a modern car.

I'll grant you that a LE F430 would probably beat the SLS around Spa at race distance, but the looks of the cars could not be further apart.

Comment

Comment

That is awesome!

The ultimate irony would be if they didn't pay the correct postage so it got delayed in the post.

Comment

They're only small images but Car Magazine have published another couple of pictures of the X1 Prototype on the Rome and Monaco tracks.

Comment

The X1 Prototype's full spec sheet has been released now. There's a video of Sebastian Vettel driving it looks stupidly fast at times but he obviously knows what he's doing in stupidly fast cars.

There's also another 31 screen shots of the car.

Comment

It would have been nice to include Webber as well!

Still, great shots of the car. Is that Suzuka in the rain or just tyre smoke?

Comment

Lots of promo images and stuff coming out. The silence on the release date is deafening!

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                  Still, great shots of the car. Is that Suzuka in the rain or just tyre smoke?
                  I thought that the 1st picture was fog and the 2nd was rain although it's difficult to know without seeing it moving. I'd be surprised if it was burning rubber as the replay doesn't show any smoke at all, even going into the Michael Schumacher-S at 370km/h doesn't produce any.

I'd suggest that burning rubber suggests inefficiency in the design which seems to run counter to everything else about the care.

EDIT:
                  Should explain that I thought it was spray from the rain rather than actual rain although comparing it to this other shot it looks a bit like light fog although it does seems to be a lot heavier right behind the car in the top image.
                  Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                  Last edited by JP; 28-10-2010, 09:52.

Comment

This may be Game of the Year!!

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                      This may be Game of the Year!!

You obviously mean 2015 when this and DNF will be head to head for the GOTY title

Comment

I'm guessing you can't enter too many events with this car?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post

I'm guessing you can't enter too many events with this car?
                          That aint no car!

It looks like i'm watching Wipeout HD but around the Nurburgring track.

Comment

Not my kind of game at all, but that video is amazing.

Comment

There's a pulled article from this month's PSM3 magazine on GT Planet with quit a bit of info in. I can't link to it as it contains scans but here's the Gran Turismo 5 forum and it's easy enough to find.

It's currently called "NEW INFO: Track Time-Syncing, Randomly Generated Rally Career, Custom Soundtrack..." but that could of course change.

In reference to the X1 Prototype:
                              I think it's a fair indication of how backward Formula 1 has been with many of the fastest lap times being set years ago. I know this only exists in simulation on Red Bull's systems and also in Gran Turismo 5 but I'd happily scrap Formula 1 if they were to replace it with a grid full of these.

Comment

Didn't Adrien Newey say that a real driver wouldn't be able to cope with those speeds and G's being pulled through the corners though?

I'm not sure if F1 would ever reach those levels of downforce and acceleration.

Comment

Working...
                                X