No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Bull quote 8.25G which is really the limit, a part of the design brief was that there's nothing that couldn't build and race and the 8.25G maximum is a apart of the design.

Although it must be an awful feeling in a car like this it's not quite the same thing a pilots go through because they suffer from vertical G as well as the horizontal G that you'd get in a car.

Vertical G is the real issue for pilots as the pressure can pull the blood towards your feet from your head causing them to pass out and become a YouTube video.

Pilots of course have G suits to help the blood flow.

I would imagine that if there was racing with cars like this, which there probably won't be, they wold still have regulations to prevent the car running at full spec like the car in their simulation does.

Comment

Some more game details, this time from the Dutch magazine called Veronica. The translated information is as always from GT Planet and I can link this time because there are no scans.

GT Planet: Veronica Magazine GT5 Special

Comment

I couldn't give a monkeys about these daft prototypes, I avoided them in the rest of the series too. If I want cars like that I'll play Ridge. Just give us the damn release date not this advertising crap for red bull.

Comment

The daft prototype advertising crap in the first proper Monaco shot, there is an older capture here but it doesn't really show much.

Comment

So its the end of October and Sony didn't announce a new date. Thats 2011 for sure then. You know, just delay it further. Give us some 500 Premium cars, and kill the rest off. No real point in using non-premiums anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post

I'm guessing you can't enter too many events with this car?
              Wow! ... That car makes the game seem like an F-Zero experience. I can't wait to have a go with that car, on that track.

Comment

The replays of that look like old films where they'd speed up the shots of a car to make it look like it's going faster

Comment

We just asked Kazunori Yamauchi, the father of Gran Turismo, in an interview here at SEMA, the question on everyone's minds — when will GT5 finally be released? His response: "The discs are being stamped as we speak."

Never heard of the site before (Great name though), but:

We just asked Kazunori Yamauchi, the father of Gran Turismo, in an interview here at SEMA, the question on everyone's minds — when will GT5 finally be released? His response: "The discs are being stamped as we speak."

Comment

GTplanet put it on their FP too. Might be true and if so, GT5 will make the important Q4 period.

Comment

Comment

Comment

If they're being stamped and it's this close to Christmas then I still don't get why Sony would stay shush on a release date for such an anticipated title. Unless they aren't sure how many units they'll be able to have ready in which case a PAL release can still be forgotten about till 2011

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                            If they're being stamped and it's this close to Christmas then I still don't get why Sony would stay shush on a release date for such an anticipated title. Unless they aren't sure how many units they'll be able to have ready in which case a PAL release can still be forgotten about till 2011
                            Because the final fixes and tweaking maybe in form of a PSN update. He may have power over allowing the discs to be sold, as long as the update is ready to download & has passed QAS.

Comment

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Sony is still saying pre-Xmas but they don't know when. There were murmurs yesterday of end of November. At this point I think they should delay it till 2011 to sort themselves out, this has to be the most unprofessional and botched up games launch in history. If it's genuinely required this long of a development cycle to iron out bugs etc then that's not a good thing for fans as it means it's had a very troubled development. The alternative is simple pandering to Yamauchi which is stupid of Sony, he's an employee and should have to meet the same deadlines/budgets all other teams do, he alone doesn't make or break GT5. If he can't deliver, replace him.

Dunno if it's been mentioned here but the title song for the US version and I think also the EU version has been confirmed as Planetary Go by My Chemical Romance. There's a long feature on it on this months Qore.
                              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 05-11-2010, 06:41.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                                http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=273869

Sony is still saying pre-Xmas but they don't know when. There were murmurs yesterday of end of November. At this point I think they should delay it till 2011 to sort themselves out, this has to be the most unprofessional and botched up games launch in history. If it's genuinely required this long of a development cycle to iron out bugs etc then that's not a good thing for fans as it means it's had a very troubled development. The alternative is simple pandering to Yamauchi which is stupid of Sony, he's an employee and should have to meet the same deadlines/budgets all other teams do, he alone doesn't make or break GT5. If he can't deliver, replace him.

Dunno if it's been mentioned here but the title song for the US version and I think also the EU version has been confirmed as Planetary Go by My Chemical Romance. There's a long feature on it on this months Qore.
                                Everything is ok! They made a car up and Vettle drove it faster than an F1 car on the game. Everything is fine! Amazing scenes!

Comment

Working...
                                X