Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
    Is it wrong to want this primarily for the content first and the gameplay second?
    I buy GT games to look at. If I wanna actually play a driving game properly, I stick Sega Rally on.

It might be different with GT5 if I feel I'm doing all that attention to detail a disservice by just crashing premium cars into each other to look at the damage, so I may well stray into the GT mode or whatever, but I doubt it.

Comment

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I hope this is an old version of the game as this Ferrari looks like it's made out of plastic.

So I wasn't able to get video of the actual crash because I cant use a controller with one hand while holding a camera. I spent about an hour standing in fro...

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty minor compared to some of the other issues that have been found in the demos.

They've included stuff like cars shooting off into orbit, cars pulling constant wheelies, roads disappearing as you drive on them and much worse damage modelling than that.

It appears to be that each time they throw a demo out it includes something that's brand new which hasn't been shown almost as if they're testing that one thing and then by the next time it's shown it's been sorted.

That's without even mentioning the monkey & the Loch Ness monster that have made appearances.

Comment

European online retailers have started offering a 320GB PlayStation 3 Slim and the recently announced Gran Turismo 5 Co…

Bundle with CE 'confirmed' at £285. Decent deal too with the 320GB already retailing for around £250.

Comment

Sainsbury's are currently doing the 320+Move for £239.

Comment

Why are GAME and Shopto now changing the release dates to 5/11, when on the offical website it states 3/11?

Comment

Hasn't it always been the 5th here? We do seem to be the only place on the planet that games on a Friday. I suppose we may get it the same time as the rest of Europe but even the big first part games you'll find that Europe has had them earlier in the week.

I'm not sure but I believe that it's because they don't want European customers to be importing that cheaper UK version. I read that online so it may not be true though.

I've taken the week off after the 5th because of the game!

Comment

Sellers always thought that buyers get mostly paid on a friday, so you will go buy their game with your hard earned wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                    Sainsbury's are currently doing the 320+Move for ?239.
                    Thanks for pointing that out, I picked that exact bundle up a few days ago for Gran Turismo 5.

I imagine GT5 will be released here in the UK on the 5th November as SCEE either couldn't or did not want to do a worldwide release.

Either way, we get it the same week.

Comment

Someone needs their arses kicked then

Comment

From...

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                          From...
                          He recommends Little Bill. He's had 1st hand experience.

Comment

We get our games on friday too, and such a big game is probably not being sold prematurely.

If the 5th is on a Friday, it'll be the 5th for this game.

Comment

As is pretty standard, I got this stuff from GT Planet. If you're interested in the game it's worth having a look around as pretty much everything is covered on there.

Demo pods have now started appearing around Europe. There are 17 new videos from the French version. Not watched them all yet so don't know if there's much new going on.

The Red Bull Hanger background in this looks stupidly pretty.

There's also a really good write up of the US Walmart demo here.

Comment

Played this in 3D with controlller and without 3D but with the wheel yesterday.

If they honestly delayed the game for 3D then they want murdering violently. Of all the 3D I've played it's the worst yet.

The game itself though is outrageously stunning, and if possible, wheel seems the way to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X