Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wools View Post
    Anyone else thinking about this edition?
    I like the wallet! The rest of it is of no use to me but it's a nice looking wallet!

Comment

what about weather and night races - did this features finally make it? could unfortunately not check this out during my gamescom play-session.

i can confirm though that even in arcade mode GT5 can't compete with Shift in terms of speed thrills. but the 2 cars i tried handled great and the game looks much improved in terms of visuals over the build i played last year - especially in 3D!

i posted a pic of the 3D setup in the gamescom thread.

Comment

I kind of want the Signature Edition but out of all the content contained, there's almost nothing I want aside from the SLS AMG Model. Anyone else thinking about this edition?
        I'm so tempted to order this for the 5 extra cars, I'd really like the book also but that is included with the Limited Edition.

?150 for 5 cars? ?30 a car? I'm seriously tempted and I could probably stick all the other stuff on eBay.
        Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        That is unbelievably, ridiculously amazingly brilliant!!! I hope there's an option to get out of your car, lay down on the side of the track and look up to watch the world drift by! That could be the most relaxing game ever!!
        Bear in mind that hasn't been announced by Polyphony although they had previously mentioned that they weren't going to include a flat sky.

It just seems so ridiculous that I doubt it will happen but then I think of all the other completely ridiculous stuff that has been included and think that maybe it is true.
        Originally posted by Darwock View Post
        That video that John posted to show the speed, is that a new vid or an old one?

I ask because of how easily the passes were made on the other cars - not one of them even budged off line, and I was under the impression the AI had been beefed up a little bit.
        It's from a few months ago, I posted that one as somebody posted it earlier in the thread to make the same point and it seemed to work.

There have been quite a few videos shown concerning the AI, have a look on GT Planet. This is one I found doing a brief search and although it doesn't cover the AI's competitiveness it does show some of the improvements in AI if you watch from about 2:14.

That's quite an old one but this is one I posted fairly recently, watch the AI car at around 40 seconds when it's rejoining the race after the collision.

There was a couple of recent NASCAR gameplay videos which showed the AI drivers seemingly forcing other cars off the racing line to get the advantage. I had a quick look on YouTube for NASCAR but I couldn't find the one I'm talking about, I may have actually been an animated GIF rather than full video I suppose.

Hopefully we'll get to se some videos from the latest build of the game shortly as it seems the version shown at the invitation only event was very different to public showing.

Comment

Anyone else thinking about this edition?
          I've crumbled and pre-ordered from Game.

Not sure how I'm going to justify it to the wife tho'!

Comment

I'm getting the standard edition. I want to play the game, I'm not worried about wallets and toys in the slightest.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              I'm getting the standard edition. I want to play the game, I'm not worried about wallets and toys in the slightest.
              Yep me too.

Comment

...and thus, you are better than the people who want the special edition!

Comment

I'm with you J0e - though I've opted for the collector's edition (the cheaper one) that includes the book, as I'm worried that I'd be such an awful driver that I'll need a more comprehensive 'manual' to help me out!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                    ...and thus, you are better than the people who want the special edition!
                    Not really, but I'll have £109 extra to spend on other games or perhaps a leather wallet, so maybe actually yes, you're right. I'll prolly D/L the "exclusive" cars for £11, but I don't need a huge metal case, model car, "leather" wallet, USB key, keyfob, strategy guide or a coffee table book.

I'd take 5 games over 1 game with a load of **** in it's box any day of the year.

I'll start seeing them used soon enough. People who buy limited editions and then inevitably sell them once they've played the game, which is exactly the same as the standard game are missing the point IMO. Standard>Special.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 20-08-2010, 21:22.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not really, but I'll have ?109 extra to spend on other games or perhaps a leather wallet, so maybe actually yes, you're right. I'll prolly D/L the "exclusive" cars for ?11, but I don't need a huge metal case, model car, "leather" wallet, USB key, keyfob, strategy guide or a coffee table book.

I'd take 5 games over 1 game with a load of **** in it's box any day of the year.

I'll start seeing them used soon enough. People who buy limited editions and then inevitably sell them once they've played the game, which is exactly the same as the standard game are missing the point IMO. Standard>Special.
                      Totally in agreement with that. I like limited editions but it is rather a lot to pay. If it was numbered with a print of a couple of hundred maybe its worth it.

Comment

I gave up buying limiteds ages ago, unless they are truly limited and not more expensive than the regular. BlazBlue US and Demon's Souls EU are good examples, the limited was simply a bonus for early adaptors.

Comment

Captured from a video that went up on the GT site covering the 24 Hours of N?rburgring that Yamauchi competed in this year.

I suppose the list doesn't really guarantee the tracks will be in the game but there are a few that haven't been announced yet including a real fan favourite in Grindelwald which only appeared in GT2.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                            Captured from a video that went up on the GT site covering the 24 Hours of N?rburgring that Yamauchi competed in this year.

I suppose the list doesn't really guarantee the tracks will be in the game but there are a few that haven't been announced yet including a real fan favourite in Grindelwald which only appeared in GT2.
                            The 2 courses that i'd love to see return from GT2 are Red Rock Valley & the Pikes Peak Hill Climb! Can you imagine how good they would be on GT5 especially the Valley as you go around that first left corner and you witness the sun rising/setting on the horizon!

Comment

Played this at Gamescon yesterday, they had about 10 GT5 set up's there, but all had a cheap logitec wheel and only one of them was equipped with 3D...
                              The 3D looked nice especially when racing with the incar car view, but the screen was too small to really give a proper impression of racing in 3D, I think with the right set up it would be much more interesting.
                              The handling was good, I think handling is at the same level as the last download "demo/challenge" they had on PSN which is good, but the wheel set up I was playing with wasn't that great, so unfortunally I cannot really comment on that.
                              And I was REALLY looking forward to see if I could race with changing weather conditions, this also wasn't available on the show demo... so also cannot comment on that as well unfortunally.
                              I can't help it, but I was really looking forward to this, but I felt a bit dissapionted after playing it several times on different tracks, it sure looks very nice and the handling is ok but it's for sure not better (or worse) as RacePro or Forza.

I thought I would see a lot more of the game on the show, racing in the rain or at night would be welcome to see how it had been done and I thought Sony would do a lot more to impress the gamers with these games in 3D.

So I'm afraid I have to wait till game release to see if it really is the next best thing for console racers.

Comment

It's nice to be getting some of the older/smaller cars back again.

I just love the thought of 16 of these at Arbath spec racing around the Curva at Monza!

Comment

Working...
                                X