No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they revealed anything about online racing yet? (crossing fingers its nothing like Forza 3's).

Also how much of this game will end up as DLC content? That was a big feature years ago with GT:HD non-release, if you remember they were talking a lot about micro-payment downloads

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
      Slight bullshots though, I mean the resolution of the game is not going to look anything like that.
      They're direct captures from the photo-mode which has a resolution of 4872x3248.
      Originally posted by englishbob View Post
      Have they revealed anything about online racing yet? (crossing fingers its nothing like Forza 3's).

Also how much of this game will end up as DLC content? That was a big feature years ago with GT:HD non-release, if you remember they were talking a lot about micro-payment downloads
      There's been loads of information released over the past six months about the online side of things.

Everything is included on the disc and they've been very clear that there may not even be DLC for this but because there's been such high demand from fans they're still evaluating whether DLC will really benefit the game.

Hopefully there will be extra content but due to how long it takes to develop cars and tracks the cost could be prohibitive. Having said that though, I'm seriously considering buying the Signature Edition purely for the 5 extra cars so cost doesn't really come into it for me.

EDIT:
      Official Site
      Eurogamer

Last edited by JP; 19-08-2010, 08:39.

Comment

Some of the things GT5 is pulling off is insane...

This is going to blow every other racing game out of the water for a long time to come.

Comment

Even I'm interested and I don't particularly like racing games!

Comment

Technically this is an announcement I guess but it's not worth making a thread for:

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Gran Turismo 6

He's claiming it won't be as long a wait as 5 was as the tech is now in place so the next game would be about building on it and implementing features. This was pretty much the system that they used for 2>1 and 4>3 so my guess is (if this gen holds out as planned) GT6 might well be a late PS3 release.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              Even I'm interested and I don't particularly like racing games!
              This is me.

Comment

Ugh, I really want to play this game but I STILL don't own a PS3! The track editor looks sick for one thing. I actually really like that blue PS3, shame I won't be able to justify spunking £300+ on importing it to myself (especially with the 3DS launching soon).

Comment

Is the LE an exclusive to Game?

Comment

Just get the black one, man. Once you put the disc in you're not gonna be looking at the console

As for GT6, part of me hopes it's PS3 but the other part wants it on PS4 or whatever, based on Kazunori saying their models are better suited to the next-gen. That could just be PR hyperbole but if it's true, I'd rather wait for that than get a late PS3 release and then have to endure 20 years for GT6

Although having said that, they could still do something special even if it is on PS3, based on the previous games...

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                      I'll be all over this tomorrow at Gamescon in Cologne ! Can't wait to try this game out in 3D and with a decent steering wheel....
                      Let us know, now if possible, how the game's shaping up!

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                      Ugh, I really want to play this game but I STILL don't own a PS3! The track editor looks sick for one thing. I actually really like that blue PS3, shame I won't be able to justify spunking ?300+ on importing it to myself (especially with the 3DS launching soon).
                      I'm not keen on the blue PS3 either but I'll be re-buying a PS3 just for GT5.

Comment

I hope that LE console comes out over here, would probably pick one up if they are available around Christmas time...I can't stand the noise of the fans in my fat UK launch PS3 any more!

Comment

As usual I note that the in game driving screens look a lot worse than the replays.

Comment

That's expected though, isn't it? The GT5P replays are 30fps, too, so there should be plenty of power freed up for snazzy graphics if it's still like that. Forza 2 did it, too, and I bet Forza 3 as well. GT3/4 had 60fps replays, though, but I reckon like Halo cutscenes they would've had a bit of headroom to jazz it up

Comment

Well no doubt it really does look amazing but for me there is such a lack of feeling of speed in the videos. I have always found this with Gran Turismo.

Comment

It's good to see that we're back with customisable cars which means I'll probably be spending endless hours building a car to my own specs and following that up with just as many hours on the track the car to perfection.

The cars will also have the full race spec modifications so we'll be able to buy a cheap used car and concentrate on transforming it into a professional GT class racer.

They've not yet mentioned things like body parts and how race damage will be remedied although I'm hoping that if cars take hits you will need to pay to either repair or replace those parts. Doing that should and being able to write off cars should make people more cautious about collisions.

It's good to see that the game is going to include racing flags as it really makes no sense for any serious to not include them. It'll be interesting to see if they use both the FIA and NASCAR flag rules or whether they'll use a custom set of rules as having more than one set of rules could be confusing for people who don't follow these sports.
                                Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                Well no doubt it really does look amazing but for me there is such a lack of feeling of speed in the videos. I have always found this with Gran Turismo.
                                There isn't really any issues with the actual speed, Polyphony are lucky with the relationships the have the professional bodies as they've been able to have professional drivers compare like for like laps using cars/circuits that they professionally and get lap times the same as they would in the real world.

There has been drivers who've been able to improve their times a little on the GT side I think the fact that they're only playing a game possibly makes them take a few more risks.

The game may have a lower perceived speed but that seems to largely be down to Polyphony choosing to avoid many of the effects such as excess motion blurring and "creative" placement of track side objects which.

Although it's certainly not for everybody I do personally like the fact that even in this game they are avoiding what are probably easier ways to create the illusion of speed.

There's loads of videos out there which demonstrate the speed to be honest, this seems about right to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X