No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow even through you tube the sound seems so much richer than any other GT game. I hope the engine sounds are spot on like Forza. I love a good Flat 4.

Comment

It was breathtaking, no were near prologue and nothing like the TT. It felt to me like a new build, but most likely they simply improved the FF on the DFGT A LOT! I simply felt every twitch and could really push the car to the limits of its traction and after that it broke loose....but the astonishing thing was that catching a slide required quick thinking but if you gripped the DFGT as you should you could actually feel the slide coming on a second before it does and the moment its breaks traction and providing you're quick enough you can catch the slide, correct it and drive on: so satisfying to be able to use real life techniques and seeing GT5 respond in a correct manner! All I have to say is that I felt every bump and corner on the Ring. It felt so special and trust me, once the game is out and we can simply take a car and drive the Ring you will instantly LOVE the physics and the FF.

I cannot praise PD enough for this because finally it felt the way it should have felt many years ago starting with prologue; this feels real, it feels exciting and makes you try harder; you can now without doubt be a great consistent driver. I LOVED IT!
      Having driven 400 kilometers to get there and face the enormous amount of people to get to GT5, I thought I'd give my impressions from the latest GT5 build. I hope you enjoy. First of all, I don't think I'll be going to Gamescom again IF there is no GT present(or Diablo 3); It was way too...

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Wow even through you tube the sound seems so much richer than any other GT game. I hope the engine sounds are spot on like Forza. I love a good Flat 4.

Although as you said the sound are indeed improved over the previous games i believe that still remains one of the weakest links in the series and is one of the things that Forza doing better

But IMO and from what i have Seen/played till now

GT5 > Forza 3

Comment

Originally posted by polygon mountain View Post
        GT5 > Forza 3
        For a game coming out a considerable time after Forza 3, and in development for a heck of a lot longer, you'd hope so eh?

Comment

Not necessarily , Time isn't the only factor to judge if a game will end up being better than other just because it was released later

For example, it's been 15 years since the first Sega rally ,but since then nothing has come close to it.

Comment

For example, it's been 15 years since the first Sega rally ,but since then nothing has come close to it.
            I would argue that Sega Rally, developed by Sega Racing Studio UK, is the game that superseded it over 3 years ago.

Comment

Not many people would agree with you there But if anything, that shows how subjective this all is. But lets be honest, given this is one of the best examples of poor project management in recent memory in the industry, seeing almost three titles being released by the competitor during it's development (and the profits that come with that), for Sony's sake it has better be proportionally better and more successful.

Comment

Not necessarily , Time isn't the only factor to judge if a game will end up being better than other just because it was released later
                No, I agree... but I said I would "hope" it would be. Otherwise it's been a colossal waste of time and money for Sony.

Comment

Please give us a polished product that is visually and tecnically sound. No screen tearing at 1080p and full accurate 7.1 uncompressed sound. Please let the damage model be weighty and life-like - no more bumper cars from the previous games/or driving at 100mph into brick walls and not incuring damage. Please let the damage be accurate. I want to see bumpers hanging, glass smashed, bonnets crumpled, tyres blown out, wheels coming off, sparks etc.

Please let the AI make errors and really challenge you throughout (no driving around like a formation of red arrows)

If you cant do these things - please take another year to get them sorted. No half arsed product like GT 5 prologue please

lets aim for 'a real driving simulator'

not too much to ask, i hope
                  Last edited by dvdx2; 25-08-2010, 11:55.

Comment

The internet will pronounce this a failure critically and commercially regardless of any information to the contrary, I predict.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                      The internet will pronounce this a failure critically and commercially regardless of any information to the contrary, I predict.
                      i think a good bit of the 'failure/doom and gloom' element comes from people that dont even have ps3, doing abit of the old 'console wars' and cant see it surpassing Forza 3 (which i think it will)

As far i can recall all GT games have been massive successes (commercially and financially) - i cant see this being any different
                      Last edited by dvdx2; 25-08-2010, 12:18.

Comment

Do you mean critically and financially?

Comment

Has anybody even completed GT4 yet? that game was fricking huge and even broke my ps2 when i rounded a corner and mt capitan came into view.

How big is this going to be im so out the loop and haven't paid a single bit of attention to it. Also what's the damage model going to be like? half arsed or full on total sim like? or even variable depending on difficulty?

Comment

Well, there's 160 pages of information in this thread for you to read through mate. Get to it! John P posts all the important stuff here pretty regularly so most of your questions should be answered without yo ever having to leave the safety of NTSC-UK!

Comment

The quote about Force Feedback has me very interested. The GT is the official wheel, is that the one most peeps are buying? Isn't there a "G25" that is supposed to be good?

Comment

any news if the 3d option will be included in the final release, as some of you guys said there was a setup at gamescom with it in 3d

Comment

Working...
                                X