No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, £229. And that's without the stand, right?

Comment

Yep, that's without the optional stand. I don't need the stand but it'll just be better to be able to fold it up and slide it under the bed rather than rearranging stuff.

It's all coming out of my recent sales on here if I do get one.

Comment

Does the wheelstand pro allow for the gear stick to be on the left?

Comment

You can switch it from side to side.

They're a Polish company but it's a stand that's used and recommended across the globe due to it's quality so they have to allow for the shifter to be attached on either side due to what people are used to in each country.

Comment

Stupid question, which could have been answered elsewhere and I missed, but does GT5 support full clutch pedal and what not with that G27 wheel? Because if it does I think I too may be tempted down the expensive path Mr Parry took....

Comment

GT5 Prologue does with the G25.

Comment

The bad news is that it does, Prologue also has clutch support. This shows the clutch being used on the G25 which was the wheel that the G27 superseded.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                  The bad news is that it does, Prologue also has clutch support. This shows the clutch being used on the G25 which was the wheel that the G27 superseded.
                  John, are you buying the G27 for GT5?

Comment

Not just for GT5, I've been after a decent wheel for a while and with the GT5 approaching it sort of kicked me into gear with looking into a bit more seriously.

As it's a Logitech loads of driving games are compatible on the PS3 & PC and it's just felt like the best wheel for me. That along with the excellent reviews that it seems to get pretty much everywhere sealed it for me.

I was tempted to get the G25 as there aren't any major differences between the two wheels but there many fairly small improvements which make make quite a difference to the experience when combined.

You could probably get the G25 for quite a bit less now that it's been replaced by this, I did feel this just felt better overall despite the fact that none of the improvements would have been a deal breaker on their own.

The G27 isn't cheap but this is likely to be something that's going to last me for years without even thinking about replacing it. For me it's worth the price but it's clearly not for everyone.

Comment

anyone know the best price for a g25. I know play.com where selling them for ?99 a while back

The G27 looks well tasty but is a weeeee bit too expensive

Comment

I've never seen the GT5 at that sort of price, a quick search on Google brings up these results and there is one for ?109:00 but it's out of stock and I'd cautious about buying from a site like that which I'd not heard of.

They seem to be going for between ?130 & ?160 on eBay and you may struggle to find a new one as the G27 & Driving Force GT have taken it's place now.

Anyway, here's the 38 minute GT5 Special from ISR & GT Planet.

Comment

I've been checking out those Fanatec Porsche wheels, you can spend over €2000 on a setup. Mental.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

it was about a year ago when play.com did the g25 for £99. thats when i grabbed one. i think they were just getting rid of stock as the g27 was just coming out.
                            i'm not not sure you'll ever see it that price again now.

you'll just have to keep your eyes open for sale/discount codes, which pop up every so often for stuff like this. bank holiday weekends etc.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                              The bad news is that it does....
                              That's not what I wanted to hear John....

This is going to be expensive...

Cheers for the info!

Comment

A couple of videos from the demo pods that Best Buy apparently have in the US.

A second demo from Room299* which doesn't particularly show anything new apart from it maybe being the first time they've shown headlights being used during the day.

*No idea what Room229 is but there's been a few registrations from Sony under that name and there is a Room299.com with nothing on it but a coming soon notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X