Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The official site has been updated with more game details now. There's loads of information on there, probably worth a read.

Comment

well gt5 has launched, just nipped out to game in leeds, headrow one and I'm well annoyed missed out on signature edition and official wheel for £120.

anyone else got or getting gt5 signature edition as the box is massive

Comment

Given it's been announced someone should start at Gran Turismo 6 thread now, see if it can break GT5's record

Comment

Eurogamer say 9/10

Comment

Yeah, loses that last point for it's lack of online options compared to Forza by the sounds of it.

Comment

Yep. I never value Eurogamer scores anyway but I know some here do.

Comment

All of the reviews I've read so far might as well forego any scoring and end with:

Do you like GT?

Yes = Buy
                  No = Don't Buy

As if reviews are necessary.

Comment

More scores...

IGN UK - 8.5/10
                    Destructiod - 10/10

Comment

Yup, IGN's review which gave it 8.5 is also largely more of the same. Like you say, ultimately it's GT so mega hype seems redundant. It'll have the same strengths and same flaws as the previous games as ultimately Polyphony always focus more on content levels rather than significant overhauls, the series popularity helps them in that way also. It's likely still the most unrealistic realistic racer around

Comment

the games interface annoys me, its archaric, and also if you dont own a good Force feebcak wheel, the handling feels awful, i had trouble controlling the cars with the pad, but with a wheel i generally like the racing if not the interface, and also load times are slow even with the massive install.

Comment

Got mine from ASDA last night at 12.01am exactly..

Comment

IGN's review is about right, I expected a 10/10 game but they have fallen short. Also what happened to the being able to make point to point courses?
                            Last edited by vanpeebles; 24-11-2010, 08:39.

Comment

I believe they random generate anyway.

I knew GT5 wouldn't get top scores. It has issues and its online and lack of livery editors and all kinds of unimportant crap isn't really focused.

Behind all that, I'd say this is a proper evolution of the series itself. Do you want to this to become another Forza, or rather just a new GT? The gameplay crushes the competition. I like every bit of it.

Comment

Well, I've bought it.

Just on my way home to start the install and get cracking with GT mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X