No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First proper details are in but there's still been no official announcement as such.

Originally posted by GT Planet
    Main:
    ?Realistic steering wheel
    ?30cm in diameter with brushed metal radio stations.
    ?Authentic levers sequential gearbox polished metal.

Force Feedback:
    ?Accurate Technology HallEffect Thecnology HEART
    ?Ultra wheel, with resolution of 16 bits (65,536 values in the address)
    ?Industrial motor force feedback (150 mNm torque, 3000 rpm, 65 W, 52mm)
    ?Powerful Force Feedback rapid response t
    ?Plug motor drive
    ?Mechanisms with large double straps
    ?Adjustable angle of rotation up to 1080? (3 full turns)

Pedals:
    ?With 2 locations to choose from (mounted: F1 or suspended: GT)
    ?Metal pedals, high stability and resistance
    ?Weight 7 Kg approximately
    ?3 adjustable pedals both in space and height
    ?Brake pedal and adjustable enhanced resistance
    ?Textured metal footrest grid
    I've no idea how well it will work but just by looking at the full size images it's fairly obvious that it's a really well put together pice of kit.

Is there a jealousy smilie? If so can somebody add about seven to my post please?

Comment

Suggested price of 500 USD though.

Comment

I see fanatec have a 911 GT2 wheel coming out as a successor to their turbo S wheel. It works on PC/360/PS3 and has the clubsport pedals etc... if you want to go the whole hog. Looks mint but again 500USD for the works.

Pretty good deal if you plan to use the wheel on all systems though.

Comment

According to 1UP the first of the pre-order cars will be available between December 24th and January 31st to people in Japan. No mention of a price or other regions yet but hopefully everybody will get them for free.

The pack includes a two pre-order Chrome Line cars in the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 and the BMW M3 Coupe. it also includes a Chrome Line Jaguar XJ13 which was only available via some FaceBook shenanigans previously.

Comment

They just showed a 5 min ad for this on Five (Europa League). Basically the intro, but cut down a bit. I love the intro.

Comment

'Actual gameplay shown'

lol 360

Comment

I'm pretty sure that they have to legally state now what is gameplay, what isn't which format

all the game ads say

console X footage shown
                not game footage
                Indicative of gameplay
                blah blah blah

The recent Ea Active one said a different thing on every cut, I'm guessing it's after the fanboy sulk that was the Final Fantasy 13 Xbox ad.

Comment

If you're advertising a game in the UK then you have to clearly mark what is actual footage and what isn't. I can't remember exactly when the ASA added it to their guidelines, but it was somewhere between Gears and Halo 3.

Comment

Games have been doing it for a while, I remember the Metroid GBA game having FMV and it stating it wasn't game footage. Just seems like they are extra touchy about it now

Comment

Yeah, they used to let it slide unless you were deliberately trying to mislead, but now the ASA takes a much harder line with it.

Wish I could remember what the tipping point was, it was a big story at the time (well, within the industry anyway)

Comment

Was it Richard Darling saying Arcade Perfect and Super Smashing Simulation?

Comment

I keep wanting to say it was ghost recon 2 or an ubi trailer that caused the uproar?

Comment

It was the Final Fantasy XIII ad with Leona Lewis that caused the uproar as she had a 360 controller in her hand but it was acually the ps3 version being played.
                            Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 15-12-2010, 21:53.

Comment

It was probably something from fmv masters ubisoft.
                              Target Render!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                                It was the Final Fantasy XIII ad with Leona Lewis that caused the uproar as she had a 360 controller in her hand but it was acually the ps3 version being played.
                                Nah, that might've been when they decided they had to say which platform the visuals were from, but the 'not game footage' thing has been in the rules for longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X