Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they will finish this game early 2013

Comment

With a bit of luck they'll do what they said previously and just keep adding new stuff until GT6 is released.

I'd prefer that to them just deciding they've done enough and then only adding chargeable DLC packs as other developers seem to like doing. A balanced mix of chargeable content packs combined with these free packs which add new features and tighten things up is perfect really.

Comment

I like the sound of the AI changes.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
          I think they will finish this game early 2013
          I think its best to kill support soon and develop GT6 instead. You can add so much stuff to a flawed game via updates, but you can't change the groundwork itself. And the groundwork is its biggest problem imho. After GT PSP and GT5 I lost a lot of faith in PD though, so tbh I don't really care about a GT6 right now. There is fierce competition nowadays.

That said its good that they actually keep updating the game. They could ship it to stores and give everyone the finger pretty much as Infinity Ward loves to do.

Comment

The first edition of GT Life is now available to download from GT Planet.

Also, I imagine everybody knows about it but here is the update list for v1.07.
            UPDATE NOTICE (1.07)

Feb 25, 2011
            A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
            The main contents of the update are as follows:

Major Changes and New Features

Friend Rankings
            • In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare laptimes with them, allowing you to compete just between your friends for the best laps and scores.

Correction of Known Issues
            • The calculation of performance points (PP) which is an index of a car's performance, is now calculated without taking into account the tyre selection.You can now combine the performance point restriction and the tyre restriction when setting the regulations for a lounge.
            • Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.
            • Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.

Other Changes
            • Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (Including those in a gift car ticket form) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please utilise the car loan system.

To Check Your Current Version
            • To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.
            • If the number starts with "Ver. 1.07", you are playing the latest version of the game.
            • If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3? system connected to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazunori Yamauchi (via Twitter)
              Game saves during endurances. They are currently under development.
              I personally think it's a mistake and that they should leave these events for the most dedicated of people and they aren't something that I'd ever complete. It is something many people have requested so I suppose it is good that he is still listening to what people want though.

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into it yet but some recently added track logos have been found in the Gran Turismo 5 directory of gran-turismo.com.

• Driving Park (20r60r)

• Apricot Hill

• Citta di Aria

• Costa di Amalfi

• Grand Canyon

• Hong Kong

• Ice Arena

• Infineon Raceway

• Driving Park (Kashiwa)

• Las Vegas

• Midfield Raceway

• Twin Ring Motegi

• New York

• George V Paris

• Opera Paris

• Seattle Circuit (Tarmac)

• Seoul Circuit

• Swiss Alps South

• Tahiti Maze

• Valencia Circuit

• El Capitan

• Cathedral Rocks (Dirt)

• Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Mini)

• Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Short)

A couple of these have already been seen in pre-launch videos such as Red Bull's Horsepower trailer which was pulled from their site a couple of hours after going up with them claiming that it was an internal video that was posted in error.

Comment

i'd be happy with seatle and el capitan

Comment

I've got to admit, an expansion pack with those tracks would be enough for me to rebuy GT5. E3 reveal?

Comment

Please please please!

I was still hopeful for Bathurst, but my memory is fuzzy. I know this was in a racing game I played extensively, but was it GT or Toca?

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                        I've got to admit, an expansion pack with those tracks would be enough for me to rebuy GT5. E3 reveal?
                        I'd be very surprised to be honest, 24 tracks are a whole game for most other companies and it'd would be a massive download. I suppose they could do a now traditional Spec. II update at some point.

If (that's definitely an if rather than when) this happens I'd expect smaller content packs with maybe two or three at a time. They've mentioned on several occasions that GT5 will have long term support an evolve until the next game arrives.

It could be something as simple as Polyphony just tidying up the website which is why these are now contained in the GT5 folder.

With the tracks being so accurate how long does it take them to model each one? They wouldn't be to have modelled them all by now surely but I suppose one of the reasons that some had assets shown in earlier videos is because they had started to model them but as launch approached they had to be a little more realistic in their aims.

They've already said that GT4 cars are going to be fully updated to the standard of GT5 cars so they do seem happy to be putting some fairly heavy duty support post launch which reminds me far more of the sort of support you get from PC simulations rather than console games.

I'd love to see all those tracks and more but I'm being very cautious about this as it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The thing is, how much would people be willing to pay for something of this scale? I'm still playing GT4 six years after launch and I would happily pay the price of a full game for content like this but I'd imagine I'm in a minority with that.

Mind you, it had sold nearly 6 million copies in the first month so I suppose a minority of owners willing to do that is still a hell of a lot of sales.

They've been good with free updates so far but surely there would be massive costs involved if this was to happen and I'd be surprised to see them being anything but chargeable.

I suppose Sony could always be nasty and just wait until the next Forza launches and release these on the same day for half the price of that game.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                          I'm still playing GT4 six years after launch and I would happily pay the price of a full game for content like this but I'd imagine I'm in a minority with that.
                          A little OT but I'm wondering why this is the case considering you are not playing GT5 anymore. (not stalking but I ran B-spec with some of your drivers and noticed you have never collected the winnings...)

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                            I suppose Sony could always be nasty and just wait until the next Forza launches and release these on the same day for half the price of that game.
                            I expect that you've hit the nail on the head there. They need *something* to say - look guys, our game *still* looks better than theres! And here, have a load more content..
                            What's that you say? Yes it's available on disc - presenting Gran Turismo 5: Spec II!

Comment

I imagine for exactly the same reason that I'm still playing GT4.

How long does it really take to complete GT4? No idea but it certainly doesn't require 6 years of gameplay. I found with GT4 (GT5 feels exactly the same to me) is that I can go for weeks without going anywhere near it and then I'll return and spend my time with maybe just one car just trying to master rather than aiming to complete tasks.

One of the reasons that GT has worked so well for me is that it's about the driving above all else, it's good to have loads of tracks to get new experiences from a certain car but I have no interest in unlocking stuff or winning and even the races themselves aren't the main thing for me.

I may not play either of the games for months and I'll never actually complete GT5 when it comes to championships/cars etc as I'm purely interested in the fell of the cars themselves.

I imagine it's fairly unusual but I would happily forgo all the races, licenses, etc to have all the cars and tracks so that I could happily spend a couple of hours in a car lapping it with nobody else on there interspersed with pitstops which allow me to fine tune the setup of that car on that track.

I can't actually remember the last time I played GT5 but I would still rate it as my favourite simulation, on any format, due to the accuracy and details in the tracks and cars. It's strange I know but it just doesn't really relate to the games that I own when it comes to why and how I play it.

Although I no longer play PC games I think the set up of their simulations really appeal to me. You're given cars and tracks and that's pretty much it, there's no career unless you start one yourself online. You just drive what you want , when you want.

Comment

Looking forward to any sort of track exp. There are so many tracks they could add. I remember Seattle being a great track.

Comment

Working...
                                X