No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's gone from being free to having a charge applied and BR or DL versions ?

"Chat and Friend List functionality will be added to the game via download at a later date" so they're already planning DLC for what amounts to a glorified demo ?

Somebody needs to get hold of this Sony online side by the balls and get it in shape.

Comment

Don't think it was ever officially confirmed as being free Yoshi, nice to get a demo of a demo of a game

Thought it was too good to be true that the proper Prologue would be out in October. Have Polyphony ever released anything on time

Personally am so looking forward to this, don't suppose it will arrive here until the New Year which sucks. Still gives me three months to sort out JPN Store fundage.

Comment

i thought sony confirmed it will be out in japan and europe before the year end and USA around the end of jan.

Comment

I think they confirmed that it wasn't free some time ago when confirming that there was a Blu-ray release.

Don't think people were really expecting to walk into GameStation to get their free Blu-ray version.

It's good to see that they've kept a similar price to the last version of this too.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
            i thought sony confirmed it will be out in japan and europe before the year end and USA around the end of jan.
            I think they did looking at the info on that IGN link, like I say Polyphony hitting a release date is rarer than seeing a 10 foot chicken crossing the road <- random thought there before anyone comments!

Comment

David, I'd check with Papa John to see what he laced your pizzas with.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                "Chat and Friend List functionality will be added to the game via download at a later date" so they're already planning DLC for what amounts to a glorified demo ?

Somebody needs to get hold of this Sony online side by the balls and get it in shape.
                This information is just for Prologue, no? Not the full game. They'll just add it as it gets implemented on their side and at least we know it'll be in place for the full release.

Comment

Loads of new shots (1280x720) now available here from Sony:

Comment

Mortoring?

Oooh, it has my car in it. If you were to shoehorn a V6 into my 197 that is.

Comment

I thought you were going to say that you had a Viper then lol...

Comment

New video including the Daytona track.

Comment

Prices are at the end of that video and does say Blu-Ray and Store, with a different price for each. I wasn't quite enough to catch the prices though

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                            Prices are at the end of that video and does say Blu-Ray and Store, with a different price for each. I wasn't quite enough to catch the prices though
                            It states the same prices as the previous press release:
                            Blu-ray version - 4,980 yen (&#163;21:00 approx)
                            PSN version - 4,500 yen (&#163;19:00 approx)

So that'll cost me &#163;20 for the JP download and about &#163;25 for the UK Blu-ray...&#163;45 in total for a demo!

Comment

Ah, sorry, missed that, thanks

Comment

Car games have all hit a graphical standard now. My reaction to each new shot for each new game is the same - looks like cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X